It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide...For a Reason?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok too tempting. Trying to eat! Cycles are not in time becuase time doesn't exist. But because our PERCEPTION is altered and we "think" we see time, our perception will also see the # hit the fan in about 5 years. Our perception, and reality are 2 different things! Ok back to spicy chicken wings. Getting my keyboard all... chickenie :|

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Most societies and cultures on Earth that I'm aware of have villified and tabooed it, but it seems to me that one of the most basic rights of a living, conscious being is to choose to end one's own life.
The mature, responsible decision of a conscious entity, ready to go forward to the next stage of the journey. It really all depends on what this life means to you, how it fits into the totality of one's existence, and what goals one has while in this human form and whether all goals and 'loose-ends' have been met and 'tied-up'.
It doesn't have to be a terrible and sad event.
It could be no different than ancient sailors setting out to find the ends of the oceans. One gathers ones family together and makes one's goodbyes. A 'Bon Voyage, for now', safe in the knowledge that we will meet again if the fates will it.
Emotional, yes. Tearful, sure. Tragic and sad? Only if we make it seem an illness.
It's all a matter of attitude.

We are still mostly earthbound animals acting on instincts of survival. We won't always be.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Culture is an interesting thing. There's a cultlre where a little boy must give an old man a blow job and swallow his semen in order to graduate into "manhood". No joke! And you think suicide is weird

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
so time doesnt exist. well #, thats earth shattering. quantum theory. end of story.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Culture is an interesting thing. There's a cultlre where a little boy must give an old man a blow job and swallow his semen in order to graduate into "manhood". No joke! And you think suicide is weird

Not appealing, from the cultural perspective I have grown up in, but it makes sense.

The semen carries the power of conception within it.
It is passing on the power of fertility from one generation to the next.

Genius.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was just waiting for someone to say that. As you wish. No more posts

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i don't think the the point is if someone is 'weak'...it is if they can justify it in their own mind...what is the point of life if u are not living....everybody has a breaking point..it is just a matter of time untill we realize that we have past it. i'm very surprised that more people do not commit suicide...humans, like animals have an inate drive to survive...but humans need/want all the goodies that life offers...when the chips are down..we realize that the goodies are not life...
as far as some hidden secret which causes someone soooo much shame that they would kill themselves......hmm, i think there is alot more to thier mental situation....

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
good. hey look, i gave you a chance, and you did the same bull# rhetoric ive heard so many times before. systems of control, cant tell you what it is, etc and so on. no one wants to hear gibberish. thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I find it intriguing how the human can wander about and volley on subjects. One starts in suicide topic and finds they open a can of unrelated worms. Mind you, I'm not insulting anything, just using the cliche. Please, do continue, I find it amusing and interesting to read.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
one consciousness? i dont like the sound of that. the though of submitting to become a conglomerate of every living thing is honestly frightening and revolting to me. no dice. its scary and i dont know why.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
until you have tried it for real and not for attention you will never know.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with what forsaken said...well, at least with what was there before he changed the post...

Why come in here, tell us all this stuff that you've apparently realized about this world, drop hints that "only scratch the surface", then try and have people find out on their own? With 'only a few people finding out every century', what makes you think any one else here will ever make the same realizations?

Tell us, or please don't bother posting at all...what's the point? Why dangle the tidbits of info in front of us, what good will that do?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i changed my post because for once i decided that maybe this guy didnt deserve the harsh way i was posting about him. the fact still stands though, if youre not going to be open about it. dont post. this isnt a crypto-linguist forum, neither is it a scavenger hunt. deny ignorance by educating.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
And I must repeat, never believe me or take my word for anything.

Don't worry, I won't, and I'm not.

I wish I could be comforted by the fact that might get you to stop repeating nothing, but at least I'm logged in to have you worrying about one less of us "believing you".

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I recently learned that an acquaintance took his own life. Apparently, he was diagnosed with a (mental) condition. He had some run-ins with the law and was serving time. He was on 'suicide watch' but still managed to commit suicide.

He was a nice friendly fellow. Sure, he had some problems, but there were probably more effective ways to treat them than prison. Ah, the good ole ju$tice $y$tem.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRaven
Am I truly the only one who thinks this? That someone has a drive to get where they are? Of course, minus the mental or disorder problem, but even then. There has to be something more to taking your own life.

I totally disagree. Some people have it harder than you in life. Some people have problems larger than you can concieve apparently. People who commit suicide, don't want to die, they just don't want to deal with the problems that they are faced with.

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SOME VAST CONSPIRACY!?!?!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SOME VAST CONSPIRACY!?!?!

Why do people have to be so close-minded?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
lilblam

Humans are slowly comming to understand there is no time. At least based on the concepts of physics and this universe. Time continues to drop out of equations left and right to the point where it is more a matter of going back and looking to remove it from all the older equations.

Current theory has touched close to the truth in that time is just frames, static, unchanging, no movement from one to the other. Again this is a tiny hint at the truth.

The Matrix only serves one purpose, to make some humans who otherwise may not have questioned it ask themselve "is what I see reality". That is the point. It so that when the transition occurs some of us survive.

One last note, For those who are paranoid about being slaves to machines, don't be, you won't "wake up" to see anything like what this world has. Machines exist only in this reality.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This was the wrong approach anyway. My mistake. I'll just post news article and "normal" stuff people post on this forum instead
More humorous that way, and besides.. those who truly want to know, will find out. Those who don't, never do. It's just the way life works.
Except for when you're forced to go to school as a kid and the teacher spoon-feeds you the bull# that the system wants you to know. Why don't they teach the American Constitution in school? And not just a little bit in some class, I mean STUDY it intensively? Don't kids deserve to know at least what the "founding fathers" wanted to base this country on? Because as the Bush Reich continues to eliminate your freedoms, the kids don't even know they HAD most of those freedoms. Now that's the scary part.

But anyways, everything I said earlier in this thread still stands, but I won't repeat it anymore. The signs are escalating, and they will speak for themselves. (nothing "magical" by the word signs, just the current world events).

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So, based on what you've been saying, its almost as if you are trying to suggest that we are just characters in some story or something.
At least, thats one way I look at it. Other than that, Im not quite sure what youre talking about, but I do very much want to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join