It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide...For a Reason?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Weakness comes from within kinda like you can climb on some branches of a tree and others that look the same will break.

Why? I dont know.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
You claim it takes strength to die. It also takes weakness. Not being able to handle the outcome of your own actions (most of the time). True strength would be someone continuing to live.

Yes. When there is light, there is darkness. As with strength there is weakness. It's a common balance. However, you need to realize that with strength comes weakness, not one or the other. Thanks for your comment, well recieved.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Amuk, there are some things that if you knew you might rather be dead. I think knowing your fate might be enough to push one over the edge. That mini series on the Sci-Fi Channel(cannot remember the name) which most of you saw was all about seeing your fate and those who knew regretted knowing and were disturbed after.

There is some truth out there that would drive most to suicide, thats why there is so much BS out there for the rest to get caught up in.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I personally believe that such knowledge, if I could obtain it, would only drive me further to dicover more. Even if it cornered me into a dark basement as a hermit. One can never know too much.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I vaguely comprehend what you are saying. If this smokescreen as you called it is not induced by humans, aliens, god, whatever, I honestly do not know what is left. Is it no conscious force? I don't think outside a box.

If you're saying you don't want others to just believe what you are saying, to clear this, I just want to think about it, as that's all I ever do with anything.

[Edited on 1/8/2004 by Requiem]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I personally believe that such knowledge, if I could obtain it, would only drive me further to dicover more. Even if it cornered me into a dark basement as a hermit. One can never know too much.

I have to agree I am a bull headed stubborn SOB if nothing else

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To think out of the box, you have to concentrate on normal tasks of the day and always as "Why?" You can never ask it too much. Things are hard to follow, but you can be easy to say...

"They died because they were sad. Depression does that and I've been told so."

You must be able to think that there isn't always an answer and sometimes... The wildests thoughts could be the truth. Never restrict yourself.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I have to agree I am a bull headed stubborn SOB if nothing else

Heh. Right on.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Time does not exist. Time (yes, time) is an illusion. There is no past/present/future. I know this for FACT and understand it completely including logically why and so forth. Like I said, this cannot be told. You think if I tell someone time doesn't exist they will understand? No. This MUST be found. Now you see why I say this.

Also, the significance of 5 years is this. There is a certain... "cycle" I'll call it. It refreshes our world like you'd refresh a computer monitor. Basically, the movie The Matrix offered some hints behind our reality, but only very few and hard to locate. Think of all the unknowns and not understood phenomena in this world. Ghosts. UFOs. Aliens. Bigfoot. List can go on forever. This is all part of the system of control.

One hint The Matrix gives is obvious. Our reality is NOT what we think it is, and no one has a #ing clue of the truth. Especially those who think they do. That would seem to contradict me wouldn't it? Well that is WHY I told you: Do NOT believe me. Everything I say you can throw away and disregard. The only way to know it, is to find it. Once you search and locate it, get ready for the most intense experience a human mind can ever handle. Also, you will be set free. That part I won't explain, you'll have to find out

This sounds very much like what David Icke said in his latest book, Tales from the Time loop. Basically, he stated that we believe that we have become detached from 'oneness' and our subconscious/collective conscience have created what we know as 'reality'.

Obviously your theory contains much more than that, since Icke has published the book and I, for one, have not become depressed, ill or suicidal from reading it.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes. The theory of "Self." Very nice, perhaps one can't handle the connection of bringing subconscious to solid reality. I shall also file that in my possibilities. Much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
People commit suidce because they can not expect the world (system) that is pulled in front of their eyes.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"This sounds very much like what David Icke said in his latest book, Tales from the Time loop. Basically, he stated that we believe that we have become detached from 'oneness' and our subconscious/collective conscience have created what we know as 'reality'.
" -- posted by Pook

Isn't that what much eastern philosophy stated?

Who is this David Icke man? Someone else posted his list of satanists. Or satanists reptillians, I don't know. Maybe he's been studying up on the east.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.davidicke.com...

that is his website

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
I vaguely comprehend what you are saying. If this smokescreen as you called it is not induced by humans, aliens, god, whatever, I honestly do not know what is left. Is it no conscious force? I don't think outside a box.

If you're saying you don't want others to just believe what you are saying, to clear this, I just want to think about it, as that's all I ever do with anything.

Well, I gave you a big hint. When I said time doesn't exist, that was HUGE right there. How can it not exist? Well if you can figure that out, that'd be a start. If you can PROVE without a shadow of a doubt that time completely does NOT exist, and I mean prove! Something the scientific community would accept. Then, you will be on ur first step to truth. So far that idea sounds weird and crazy. To anyone. Unless you 100% know proof, not just evidence or good idea, but without a DOUBT proof. See why truth is so different from what people may think? Now I know spirituality has a concept that "time doesn't exist" but they expect you to believe them
. Like I said, it is created by the same "force" that creates all our belief systems, and often hints of truth are mixed with lies. The cycle is over in about 5 years (not exactly, but about! Could be 1-2 years off). That means, humanity is refreshed once again.

That kinda means that all our memory is wiped of past knowledge, and we kinda start again, like nothing happened. In the next few thousand years another advanced civilization will think they are the FIRST intelligent civilization on planet Earth. Wanna know how many times that went on? Infinity. The ignorance of humanity is pretty normal for our level. So don't hold it against humans! They honestly don't know any better. Literally, all they know was created for them to keep them blind.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
if time does not exist how can there be cycles?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Something tells me that any minute now I'll start getting flamed and screamed at and called a fraud, liar, idiot and you name it. Maybe just crazy. Maybe nothing at all! I'll just stop posting then, honestly, offending someone because their "faith" is threatened is really not what I am here to do

Pretend everything I say is a lie, and it's just a fairy tale. You have that choice, don't you?

Ok enough posts for today, think about what I've said if you choose. Honestly, I wasn't kidding about the fact that basically NO ONE knows the truth and lives. So the fact that I'm alive only shows one thing. Either I somehow managed to avoid death, and barely survived... or..
The truth is little by little leeking out and soon everyone will know it. Well at least until the cycle "starts" again. Which is about the time we remember nothing, and most humans are eradicated and only a few cavemen are on Earth as usual. Don't worry, this is unavoidable! So why worry
But, if you learn enough and have enough of a desire to learn truth and actually figure it out, you will be able to escape (in a sense... but not in space/time). Again, space/time doesn't really exist. It's an illusion. A nice one I should add! Impresses me too! And I don't mean your soul is going "anywhere" either or anything silly like that. Again, the truth is MUCH stranger than anything humans know. And this is my last post for today.

Now, I know you are grasping at straws here. You don't really have a clue where to start, and how to possibly prove that time doesn't exist. I'll give you one website that can at least get you thinking outside the box. Remember, this is ONLY scratching the surface. Nothing more.

www.jovialatheist.com

This site also helps you avoid getting trapped by religion, as a start of "your" journey (if I can call it that) to find truth. That website's author is just human, and can only speculate. But because he thinks outside the box, it sparks your imagination. Ok have fun!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
lilblam, I saw your post about Time after I posted. I was replying to the 'not alien, human, god' post.

I had a dicussion with some other members about the existance of time a week or so ago. I have to say, I was pretty convinced that time exists. Not that I'm not now, but time to me has always been motion. And that it is not the same for everyone, everything. My mind is usually confused about such things, but what you have been saying has been very interesting to read and think about.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
if time does not exist how can there be cycles?

The cycles aren't cycles in time, or space. There is no beginning/end of any cycle, because time isn't real. Weird eh?
k seriously, that's it for today!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well I suppose you're gone, but thanks for the website.

Do you think, or anyone, do you think that the Mayan Calander corrolates with what you are saying? They speak of cycles, but some people think their Calander is about consciousness, not time.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
lilblam you say time doesn't exist but keep talking about events that will happen in x amount of years,as Amuk says if time does not exist how can there be cycles ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join