It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair Set To Clinch Job As World's Man In The Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Blair Set To Clinch Job As World's Man In The Middle East

www.timesonline.co.uk

Tony Blair’s nomination for the post of international envoy in the Middle East is likely to be confirmed as early as today despite grumbles from Europe and last-minute wrangles over his job description.

Sources in London and Washington indicated yesterday that the announcement will be made if agreement is reached between the so-called “Quartet” of powers – America, Europe, Russia and the United Nations – which oversee the Middle East peace process
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Anyone have any ideas why the US is pushing this nomination? Seems somewhat odd they would make him the man in charge/envoy within the Middle East.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/26/2007 by shots]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So, who exactly, will he work for?

That doesn't seem to be clear.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
At first they reported it as for Bush but now it appears to be some new name (to me at least) 'Quartet mediators -- the United States, the European Union, Russia and the United Nations'

although the appointment is still being made by Washington.

It strikes me as a rather offensive move considering his involvement with Iraq and Afghanistan and somewhat awkward positioning in the recent Lebanon crises

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
So, who exactly, will he work for?

That doesn't seem to be clear.

Good question. I have been wondering the same thing about this. Just what is the resaon they picked him and why?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
At first they reported it as for Bush

I'd guess he needs a green card before working for the US diplomatic corps.

[edit on 26/6/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Is it because the US has opted out of the Hague International Criminal Court but the UK hasn't? There was an entertaining drama about Blair being done for war crimes on UK TV recently, perhaps he got spooked?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My first reaction to this article was "dead man walking." If Blair makes himself the face of the West in the Middle East, it will give the extremists who want the west out every incentive to ensure that Mr. Blair doesn't stick around there for long.

new topics

top topics

join