It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can it be? [Picture of moon with something weird next to it]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
What you have photographed is a plane. As you say, you used a time exposure of 15 seconds. A plane travelled through the erea of sky when the picture was being taken. Happened all the time when I used to do astrophotography.

Here's some examples.

great job sensfan!! I gave you a "good noodle" star...

I honestly would of never thought of that, but the pieces adds up, thanks. That would explain why out of all of the photos it only appeared in one.

This would also explain why the parallel line broke off at the top of the image --> The plane was turning.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Bingo,we have a winner

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

What you have photographed is a plane.

Dagnabbit! Ya beat me to it... but nice samples

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I dont think it's a plane unless the plane is doing aerobatic loop de loops at night, I'd lean more towards a lightning bug. I wish I could find that picture, it looks almost exactly like that and we know for sure it was a lightning bug on the exposure because we saw it flashing and wondered if it was going to show up on the final image.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Good examples, Sensfan...definitely a plane, though I think I found out what was going on with the moon:

www.youtube.com...

Dr.ok, was this on a tripod or handeld? The plane's trajectory looks pretty straight.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What you have photographed is a plane. As you say, you used a time exposure of 15 seconds. A plane travelled through the erea of sky when the picture was being taken. Happened all the time when I used to do astrophotography.

Here's some examples.

You are right, Check these images & you can see the tracks

Images

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Enceladus]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Here's some examples.

Yes, I used a tripod. And I can not imagine it's a plane, because I looked at the sky while taking the pictures...
Your pictures look pretty convincing though.

Thanks,

Dr.ok

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I dont think it's a plane unless the plane is doing aerobatic loop de loops at night, I'd lean more towards a lightning bug.

Twitchy, I think you must be looking at the wrong thing in the pics if you are thinking it is a bug. It's not the short straight bright line to the lower left of the moon, it's the double faint long straight linges that are being referred to.

Cropped so it can be seen better in this pic

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.ok
And I can not imagine it's a plane, because I looked at the sky while taking the pictures...

Yes but you were looking at the moon, and judging by how faint the plane trail is you could easily have missed it so close to the moon... It also explains the sudden stop when the shutter closed. The red spot is the flashing tail light.

But keep looking up THEY are out there

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Dr.ok
And I can not imagine it's a plane, because I looked at the sky while taking the pictures...

But keep looking up THEY are out there

I know THEY are out there... I've seen a UFO before

That's why I am so interested in em...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join