It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can it be? [Picture of moon with something weird next to it]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi,

on a night with clear sky I saw the moon with a light star next to it. So I made about 10 pictures of it. But on 1 photo I see something strange and I don't know what it is! I hope you guys can help me out!

I made the photo with the "Starry sky mode", so that my camera catches more light. In this mode it takes about 15seconds to make one pic.

On the photograph you can see the moon, but right of the moon you can see 2 running lines parralel to each other, with some dots inbetween.

Does any of you have an idea what it can be?

Dr.ok

(Srry for the crappy English)

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would say it's only a result of over-exposure, but it's just me. ^^

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarathrusta

Thanks for your reply, but how can it be over-exposure?
I think you are looking at something else.

If you click on the external image link, and then click on the thumbnail, then under the photo click "View Original Size". Then Zoom in and just scroll to the right of the photo.
Did you notice the parralel lines on the right? How can that be over-exposure?
As I said, I made 10 pictures just like this one, so I don't think it's just over exposure.

Greets,

Dr.ok

[edit on 26-6-2007 by Dr.ok]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just the man in the moon, im sure the overexposure has something to do with it.

The first pic is the op, I found the middle pic it looks kinda like the first one.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think this chap is refering to the verticle tram lines on the far right of the photo that follow a pattern and doesnt look like over exposure to me?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks Angel

I know the moon is over-exposed. I want to know what these "vertical tram lines" are!

You know what I mean... Do you have any idea what it is?

Thanks,

Dr.ok

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If this is on your other ten pics that would be interesting...
Probably a logical explanation though.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
lol keep looking to the right mate!its on the far right of the photo!

i havnt a clue what it is?could it have been reflected into the lense by something closer?

*edit*okguys your going to have to see the photo in full rez to see these tramlines-on the smaller photos you cant see it

[edit on 26-6-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Cmon guys...

I mean these tram lines! This is a close up from the same picture:

As Angel says... It's on the far right of the picture! Don't look at the moon, don't look at any of the stars! Just look at the tram lines

Angel, I don't think it is a reflection. I took the picture outside, not trough a window or something.

Thanks,

Dr.ok

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Just the man in the moon, im sure the overexposure has something to do with it.

The first pic is the op, I found the middle pic it looks kinda like the first one.

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
DR.OK they will see it soon,i promise you!

This kind of reminds me of Dark Knights and one of his latest photos he/partner took in england last year before he vanished to his hideout to survive whatever it was that put the fear of god into him

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.ok

Originally posted by Zarathrusta

Thanks for your reply, but how can it be over-exposure?
I think you are looking at something else.

If you click on the external image link, and then click on the thumbnail, then under the photo click "View Original Size". Then Zoom in and just scroll to the right of the photo.
Did you notice the parralel lines on the right? How can that be over-exposure?
As I said, I made 10 pictures just like this one, so I don't think it's just over exposure.

Greets,

Dr.ok

You're absolutely right, I take it back. I wouldn't even have noticed it if you didn't mention "parallel lines", I saw those bright "sparks" on the right side and I thought it was that, but I see it now. O_O
It does look like some weird structure. Maybe some strange lens flare effect?
Again, I'm just speculating here. I'm only saying what my small mind can see.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Could it be little scratches on the lens of your camera?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
lol keep looking to the right mate!its on the far right of the photo!

i havnt a clue what it is?could it have been reflected into the lense by something closer?

*edit*okguys your going to have to see the photo in full rez to see these tramlines-on the smaller photos you cant see it

[edit on 26-6-2007 by noangels2006]

There is nothing more to the left, thats it.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, that's quite interesting, I have a couple of questions, and slap me if you already mentioned it. I'm more of the skim read type of guy.

Okay, can you post up all of the 10 photos in its original size, I know you said you only found the line in one of the 10 photos, but I'm actually curious about this.

Another question were all of these shots, set on a timer, and place on a tripod or something inanimate or were you holding the camera.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I see the lines, they also have 2 dots that repeat from top to bottom between the two lines... I saw the lines that were very faint, by moving the page up and down to see past the dust on my monitor... monitor is now clean, thanks.
It's not the obvious light that everyone is looking at, like the one posted by earth2.

Originally posted by Dr.okI mean these tram lines! This is a close up from the same picture:

I took a crop of the original image (the vertical black section):

And here I increased the brightness to 100% to bring out the vertical -tram lines- that Dr.ok is talking about:

[edit on 26/6/2007 by wyldwylly]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think I see what you're talking about. Two parrallel lines, and I guess you can see stars between them?

I honestly have no idea what they are. I'm probably the only person here with a camera who knows nothing about lense flare or even what my cameras setting do.

Just thought you'd like to know you're not seeing things, something is in that picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thats the problem you used the star lens on your camera that will distort the picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What you have photographed is a plane. As you say, you used a time exposure of 15 seconds. A plane travelled through the erea of sky when the picture was being taken. Happened all the time when I used to do astrophotography.

Here's some examples.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was going to say lighting bug, but I don't know where you live. I've seen some long exposure shots where I know for sure a lightning bug flew through the shot and the final result looked alot like that. The lines in that case were caused by the bug flashing then moving a little and flashing again, in a long exposure it looks like straight lines in slightly different places. Just a guess though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join