It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
[What gave you that idea that it was a DEFINITE HOAX? Its still in the air, this new piece of info adds another facet to the story...

BTW this thread is superceded by this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess I'm jumping to conclusions. The saying "If it's to good to be true, it usually isn't" keeps playing in the back of my head.

But I'll keep a hawks eye on this for sure.

Frontkjemper

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I dont buy it, its probably the same dude who took the pictures in the first place distributed it around the net, i mean look at the photos, they look like some chinese home made kids toy for christ sake

[edit on 26-6-2007 by gtirlad2]

[edit on 26-6-2007 by gtirlad2]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
People are so, so, silly.

Give it up.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"Isaac" has done an absolutely first-rate job hoax or not. Regardless of its authenticity, you have to give the author extremely high marks for the inventiveness of the anti-grav tech and the "design language", e.g. "But upon [much] closer inspection, we began to learn that it was actually one big holographic computational substrate - each "computational element" (essentially individual particles) can function independently, but are designed to function together in tremendously large clusters."

Great stuff!

You want to get a feel for the richness of this potential hoax? Examine the symbols in the "Linguistics Analysis Primer" at fullsize. They are absolutely beautiful and captivating in the denseness of the detail. Whoever created these designs had a certain creative genius and waaayyyy to much time on their hands. I've never seen anything quite like them and to create them solely for purposes of an obscure internet hoax is, well, stunning

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Quick question, why are there 2 threads and two discussions going on about the exact same thing? Isn't one or the other usually closed by now?

Just wondering.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The pics look like little 1:48 scale model parts. And the "photocopies" are pretty hilarious, I love the blacked out marks sprinkled randomly throughout to make it look as if it were censored.

And the only pics he has of the objects are the ones already posted all over the internet.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
are we all becoming a little too sceptical??

No, never. The three things that I always bear in mind: (1) Everyone is a hustler; (2) Everything is a con; (3) You are the mark. I think it is best to always be a step ahead and doubt ironically gets me there. It forces you to consider other possibilities. This is a good thing, but it is grueling and often disappointing -- I suppose because the human imagination (or at least that's how I think of it, the rest of you probably call this the "heart") really craves magic and mystery, while the mind demands logic and certainty, and the conflict is painful.

what if, just for once - something was actually real... would people still find ways to label it a fake?

When I read that first sentence, I could not help but laugh. Not in a mean-spirited way, but in a genuinely amused way. Almost all of the drone conversations could easily segue into a serious philosophical conversation about the nature of the real (it's begging to be about that, IMO -- the drones are a perfect example of our expansion into hyperreality blurring our ability to distinguish the real anymore). Somewhere, the ghost Jorge Luis Borges is laughing.

That being said, I'll invoke a science fiction author instead of a philosopher
. Philip K. Dick once remarked, "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." I tend to side with him. For most people, nothing is convincingly real until they have personally seen or interacted with it, and even then, their experiences are questionable and open to interpretation. Until something is as real as sand or grass, people are going to question it. So it goes and so it has, always and forever. Again, I feel that this is right.

And yes, people will find ways to label the real as unreal. They should. They should deny, deny, deny, until the real thing is forced to prove itself through its persistence, or perhaps out of spite

I'm no expert but i just dont see why anyone would waste so much time in putting this together if only a fake.

For one, the drive to create that is inherent in humanity. It's what we do here on Earth: we make things, and we make things happen. Sometimes we make useful things, sometimes we don't.

Boredom and amusement also spring to mind.

/tn.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nice find! Outstanding! The ball is on the skeptics side now, lets hear it! can't wait!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut

are we all becoming a little too sceptical??

No, never. The three things that I always bear in mind: (1) Everyone is a hustler; (2) Everything is a con; (3) You are the mark.
avtually i think this is the beggining stages of schiziphrenia....by that logic your a hustler and and your post is a con...which means that by your logic we shouldnt believe your logic....congratulations you created a paradox

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Duplicate post. This topic was created within minutes of the same thing here.

Closing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join