It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A lot of 1980s technology in the 'TV/film' industry was done on Amiga hardware (because it was cheap and reliable). I can't remember what the program was called, but it came with a special add-in card for the A1000s (I think) and the program was such a marvel that it actually ended up being ported to the PC and other OSes on its own without the hardware in subsequent years. Think it began with an 'F', but I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The first films to use CGI effects were Tron andThe Last Starfighter. I believe the effects were rendered on a Cray supercomputer, however the quality does not even come close to that of today. TLS came out in 1984. I don't know how much CGI had improved by 1986...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Looking at that sentence, I would say that "piqued" is the word that he meant to use. The fact that he missed out "was" is hardly conclusive proof that the document is fake.

I agree with both observations but why would the spelling not be perfect ?
Some of the composition just doesn't sound right to me, there are a few examples and someone raised this earlier.
"They produce a nonlinear computational output when grouped. So 4 elements working together is actually more than 4 times more powerful than 1."
For an electrical engineer or any engineer that's bad, why add the " than 1".
Just doesn't fit with the other examples of very well constructed and complicated explanations of thought, with terminology that seemingly only someone who was familiar with their meaning would have used.
Not sure whether it means anything or not, just raising it.

PS Thanks for the part deletion, appreciated, it was the grimuk post I was referring to mainly.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by chunder]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
"They produce a nonlinear computational output when grouped. So 4 elements working together is actually more than 4 times more powerful than 1."

Wow, I don't know how I missed this before, but this is an incorrect usage of the term "nonlinear." A nonlinear system is one in which the sum or multiple of the parts does not equal the system as a whole. So, 4 elements being 4 times more powerful is actually an example of a linear relationship!

To me, this is a huge red flag that the Q4-86 report may be fake. An electrical engineer, or anyone with sufficient technical knowledge, would not misuse a term such as this, however, it's just the sort of thing that makes the story seem authentic to those without a technical background.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wow, I don't know how I missed this before, but this is an incorrect usage of the term "nonlinear." A nonlinear system is one in which the sum or multiple of the parts does not equal the system as a whole. So, 4 elements being 4 times more powerful is actually an example of a linear relationship!

Yes, but he states that it is a non-linear relationship, and therefore the 4 elements are actually more than 4 times as powerful as a single element.

Where is the problem here ?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My bad, I missed the preceding "more"...previous statement retracted...useage of nonlinear is indeed correct.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Chunder,

I wasn't having a pop at you and if you feel this way then I apologise. I was merely referring to the fact that I felt that what pjslug said about looking for spelling and grammatical errors are pointless in trying to debunk this, was a good point.

I agree with Mogget, I think he is simply trying to highlight the fact that it is more than 4 times more powerful than one element. Again, as disussed earlier he could have worded it better, but I just think that it is another pointer that he isn't the best writer in the world. This of course, doesn't mean he doesn't know his stuff with respect to electrical / computational systems.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been posted in this thread somewhere (I have done my best to review the majority of the 70+ pages, but I may have missed a few!)

I have been reviewing other boards about this CARET matter and one poster brought up this intriguing bit of information: the domain registration for isaaccaret.com. This domain was created on June 26, the SAME day that C2C was contacted by "Isaac" by email and sent the photos, documents AND link to his fortunecity.com website.

C2C didn't post Isaac's info until the next day (June 27), thus ruling out someone planning to make some advertising cash on this "disclosure" after the fact. The person who registered the isaaccaret.com domain did so BEFORE anyone else knew about the isaaccaret.fortunecity.com site.

Here's the "WHOIS" for this domain.

Registrant:
Todd Schwartz
155 B Avenue
Suite 240
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: ISAACCARET.COM
Created on: 26-Jun-07
Expires on: 27-Jun-08
Last Updated on: 28-Jun-07

Administrative Contact:
Schwartz, Todd tschwartz@carr-schwartz.com
155 B Avenue
Suite 240
United States
(503) 635-5244

Technical Contact:
Schwartz, Todd tschwartz@carr-schwartz.com
155 B Avenue
Suite 240
United States
(503) 635-5244

It gets even MORE interesting when you go the technical contact website listed in the WHOIS lookup: carr-schwartz.com...

It's a legal firm!!! Egads! Has Isaac already retained legal counsel???

From carr-schwartz.com site:
"Carr Schwartz Butterfield, LLC Specializes in managing the daunting array of legal and compliance issues facing today's financial professional.

We currently serve a national clientele ranging from large SEC based investment advisory firms to state-based solo operations. We distinguish ourselves from the competition by providing our clients with personalized, knowledgeable and proactive services."

And here's the bio of Todd Schwartz, the register of isaaccaret.com, from the website:

"Todd E. Schwartz

Mr. Schwartz has in-depth experience serving as an advocate for investment advisory firms and their investment advisor representatives. He has defended investment advisory clients in mediations, arbitrations and trials. Mr. Schwartz has licensed investment advisory firms in Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Ohio, Texas and other states. He has a specialized knowledge of the IARD and CRD electronic filing systems. Mr. Schwartz is a member of the Oregon State Bar.

Mr. Schwartz graduated with honors from Willamette University. He earned his law degree at the University of Oregon School of Law where he was a law review staff editor and served as chairperson for the Dean's Advisory Committee. Mr. Schwartz most recently was corporate counsel for Inteliant Corporation, a national information technology firm with over 700 employees and annual gross revenue in excess of 100 million dollars. Previously, Mr. Schwartz worked as an administrative law judge for the Oregon Employment Department and served as the Department's legislative liaison during the 1995 Oregon legislative session. "

So he was recently corporate counsel for Inteliant Corporation? The Inteliant Corporation that I was able to find online was an IT staffing agency, head hunters in other words. Not some high-tech firm as their name might suggest.

Again, my apologies if this information has already been discussed elsewhere.

If not, ATS community what are your thoughts on this?

[edit on 3-7-2007 by lotusland]

[edit on 3-7-2007 by lotusland]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great info, thanks lotus.

Oh please, don't let it be as simple as "isaaccaret.com will be the site where all new information will be made available to the paying members"

That would be a letdown, somehow.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hey, do you think we should give Todd a ring at work and ask him what he knows? [insert mischievous grin here]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
do it, definitely. we might finally have a lead on this.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sri Oracle has another prediction...

Todd changes his phone number shortly.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Great find, lotusland...Let us know if that phone call is fruitful. Most likely, he will spew forth some legalese about attorney-client confidentiality, though.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh wow now American Chronicle has done a story on this
www.americanchronicle.com...

And they seem to think it would take a group of experts around the globe to come up with all this stuf..HARDLY. x1 guy with 1 computer running 3ds Max or Maya could do the graphics & perhaps a friend who has some technical writing skill. The rest is pure sci-fi story. What a joke.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If Issac really wanted to keep his identity confidential there is no better way than to hire an attorney to register a domain for him.

If the site remains free and the information keeps coming, then I think this new information adds some credibility to Issac's story.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
keeb333

So 4 elements working together is actually more than 4 times more powerful than 1."

UHHHHH . . .

There is the "more than 4 times" . . . . "more"

and

there is the "4 times MORE powerful than 1" MORE.

I think your criticism is at best flawed and most likely wholesale invalid.

I really don't understand this seemingly chronic, system wide COMPULSIVE RUSH to be extremely nit-picky and derisive.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wow! Great find Lotus

The law firm only seem to deal with investment type corporations. What on earth could that have to do with Isaac? Maybe as it has already been suggested, he is planning on selling his information?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here is another story.

A Lawyer, CARET, and Weird Flying Things

www.stevenhuff.net...

The story was already odd, intriguing, for sure. What happened on June 26, 2007 ramped up the weird level considerably. That was when “Isaac” dropped into the story.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
so.....

has anyone attempted "contact"?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
If Issac really wanted to keep his identity confidential there is no better way than to hire an attorney to register a domain for him.

Those would be my thoughts as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join