It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 393
<< 390  391  392    394  395  396 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Only Alienware has claimed copyright ownership, not a licenssee, but ownership, at least of their creative use and only they had the infrastructure that took it from concept to manufacture. This is not like ordering T shirts at cafe express with an upload and a couple of clicks. its part of a manufacturing process and campaign that involves detailed pre planning far far back...that involves inspiration before not after June 26..I am sure massive may have known something because of their own nexus....as thats their line of business..to do work like that..and maybe helped spread the joy after. Perhaps it leaked and AW chose not to pursue, but instead let it play out in its favor..which it did handsomely..its a great campaign even now..in the Breed prg..Kudos to Yusney and AW for their patience , if thats indeed the case...
However..The "leakers" , Isaac..can't come foward for obvious reasons, if not connected to aw, ..they infringed on copyright, whether they profited or not. However, that leaves the attorney Todd and how he and Tony savo, who hosts Todds Firm via softwired, together managed to setup their op within hours and they have no history of domain jumping or creation like that. Those two possess, imo, a skeleton key to the closet..and answer to the obvious before hand knowledge that is implied by their actions..

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Bringing it down and keepin it real

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
Thank you for posting Fil, and thank you Alienwares Winne and Angela.. for responding..
That alone should squash any remaining doubt as to the origin of the letters . So much for levitating and self activating letters for the Cultists or xenophiles
I want to admonish anyone from saying anything negative at this juncture as others elsewhere may be tempted.., as we are merely sorting out old details, discovering answers, as we go as there is more that may be, and somethings that may not.
This was always an autopsy. We continue using patience or we lose it.
Thanks ATS , especially Springer, again for allowing us to pursue this undisturbed.
And Fil, your signature is indeed something I take to heart..

Regards all

Your quite right my friend, the same questions presented again months later could yield an entirely different response; we only seek for the truth.

I forgot all about Todd, and the domain business, I've been out the loop with this drone stuff for some time (work and stuff
). I'll need to brush up on it again, but perhaps its an avenue worth pursuing, (if not already done, if it has, then perhaps again).

Hope to hear from Angela tommorow!

Good day

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Excellent points, people. Once again, the timing is intriguing, like with Doc's analysis of the timing of the Isaac emails. As Sysco points out, this is not some quickie printing job. The "alphabet" appears embossed in metal on those laptops, and that means metal dies that take lots of time to make, test, adjust, etcetera. There were enough weeks in there for the production work to be done, just barely in my opinion, but as y'all have been saying, there is more to it than that. And then there are the copyrights, a whole 'nother can o' worms.

That's a great signature there, Fill. And thanks for helping.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Makes one wonder what Isaac really means then?

I. S.tole A.lien(ware) A.lphabet C.opyright?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Although I don't really have much clue with how long letter embossing would take I understand it might of taken a lot of planning. The thing that mystifies me (and sorry if this has been gone over before) - All the laptops that i can find on google, in the area 51 range do not have any embossing.

So I wonder if they were just a few special limited addition ones? that would support the claim that this is perhaps a time consuming task too emboss the Alienware letters onto the metal, or in fact there was no embossing at all, and the image was merely an early prototype or a photoshopped image, anyway.

Angela has got back too me this morning, although instead of finding out more about the copyright and licensing of the LAP, the conversation has turned to what I would like to use it for, now perhaps a bit of shh shh has gone on in the office hmm? I will do what I can.

Originally posted by fortwynt
Makes one wonder what Isaac really means then?

I. S.tole A.lien(ware) A.lphabet C.opyright?

Its too hard to say, but well done for figuring that one out

[edit on 23-10-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Their flagship model was slated for July 2007, remembere sales are targeted for before start of school year and xmas seasons particularly.When we say a few models in a select line, thats still a lot of models.I believe I posted pic aod back plane of one,in profile..and even the packing sheets of a used one for sale on ebay..in earlier post
Their tech dept could tell you over the phone quick what models are embossed.

Now on the other part, you lost me there Fil, exactly what was stated?
doesnt sound like a retraction.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I simply expressed I would like to use some of their artwork for my clients project, It would feature significant parts of LAP, since isaac and andrew jones seem to be happily recreating it, I thought I'd have a swing with it myself.

Fill.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sounds like to me you asked the right people for their permission..perhaps what it would cost as far as licensing if you want to sell something using using the symbols and letters, like ceramic tiles..and other home decor..maybe even send you a quote too..or at least their permission in writing..
Should not be terribly expensive, I hope
. But you know how greedy some can get when they smell that cash..
Very well done

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
Sounds like to me you asked the right people for their permission..perhaps what it would cost as far as licensing if you want to sell something using using the symbols and letters, like ceramic tiles..and other home decor..maybe even send you a quote too..or at least their permission in writing..
Should not be terribly expensive, I hope
. But you know how greedy some can get when they smell that cash..
Very well done

They can be as greedy as they feel like
No more news to add for the time bein, off to get some fish and chips I think, ever had a good plate of english fish and chips sys? nothing compares

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sys, I get '(reason: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable)' when emailing your hotmail. Check the U2U

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

Oh, It's embossed alright... see: Alienware stuff

and, AlienWhere? - more

The copyright thing is intriguing, but at this point not definitive. We can't draw conclusions worth much just yet. What I'd like to see, as many of you would, I'm sure, is an admission of complicity or at least adoption, and, if the latter, from whence...?

Carry on, gentlemen (and, *cough*, ladies)...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The shells for the laptops are just molded (injection I'm sure) plastic. Once you have the dies made "embossing" the cases is simple as pie.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Oh, It's embossed alright... see: Alienware stuff

and, AlienWhere? - more

The copyright thing is intriguing, but at this point not definitive. We can't draw conclusions worth much just yet. What I'd like to see, as many of you would, I'm sure, is an admission of complicity or at least adoption, and, if the latter, from whence...?

Carry on, gentlemen (and, *cough*, ladies)...

I've seen these pictures, but it seems the main batch of area51 laptops don't have the embossing?

See these:
www.laptoppicker.com...
www.laptoppicker.com...
lh3.ggpht.com...
img182.imageshack.us...

And the many more images you shall find on google showing the area-51-m15x-m17x laptop range. There is NO embossing, I would like to know if any laptops did get sent out with caret letters embossed, because i cannot find any picture apart from in the promotional advert picture, which was made before the release, showing caret letters.

I may be digging up old news, i don't know.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The shells for the laptops are just molded (injection I'm sure) plastic. Once you have the dies made "embossing" the cases is simple as pie.

Springer...

Thanks Springer,

Perhaps the mould was easy to make. But it hardly answers why there seems to be no collection of images on the whole of the interweb that shows caret embossing with the exception of the promotion photos. I want to see home users, kids, game freaks awwwing at the sight of there newly delivered shiney area 51 laptops with the words alienware embossed into the back with caret lettering! but where is it ?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hey fill,

yes it's the Area-51 m15x and m17x laptops that have the embossed characters. Take a look here and click on the Nameplate button, it'll spin the laptop around and show you the characters on the bottom.

www.alienware.com...

edit: here's a .jpg of the bottom, it's kind of faint but they're there-

Sys, no response yet from the gentleman I emailed.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by freelance_zenarchist]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Fil, I have it..and it is most ineteresting. Thank you. Zen, at this point I wouldn't expect any..but you exhausted that route..so thats good enough
The first people receiving shipment would be your beta reviewer sites like engadget and toms hardware types, I imagine. And first pre orderers like your gamers who would want to be the first on the block also gamers blogs also Ebay where sellers say they have had it a year or so......I will see all later.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Hey fill,

yes it's the Area-51 m15x and m17x laptops that have the embossed characters. Take a look here and click on the Nameplate button, it'll spin the laptop around and show you the characters on the bottom.

www.alienware.com...

edit: here's a .jpg of the bottom, it's kind of faint but they're there- image.alienware.com...

Sys, no response yet from the gentleman I emailed.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by freelance_zenarchist]

Zen, thanks for clearing that up, I was going crazy trying to find it. On my screen its almost invisible.

Glad you found it interesting sys, all credits on your research or I wouldn't of had the idea to approach them over that.

I hope for more replies in the coming days anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This should give you guys an idea of a small part of what the guys at Massive Black do,(who's logo is a cockerel...make your own minds up on that one lol)
Not strickly speaking relevant, but may explain part of their function.

Wyane...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
At this [point..I dont believe Alienware snatched it out the air after june 26, and they were already encountering delivery problems, And Massives was incorporated in art by June 28, and the laps were manufactured in China, a process mandating transpacific/atlantic shipping and distribution to warehouses and storeshelves..july to october for positioning..and november..buy.... ..TIME.....
It seems to me the problem for then becomes more accute.and I have just seen strikingly familar skins for the alienware laps on Ebay stores.ebay.com... with you have to scroll through ..there are like 136 skins. This merely goes to his disingenousness, understandable. but a chosen few I believe had the design to work with.
And I really don't want to murky the waters right now with him, unless another of his works clinches a prior date to june 26, 2007.
hmmmmm.
.I am already aware Massive helps companies..helps in the packaging and design figuratively....and we cant expect an iota from them. But..This recent claim of copyright is I believe the tie breaker.
Alienware and others go thru great expense to throw their GUI champions ships, which is a global teams competition..their emphasis is involvement..and recruitment of the best from rank and file globally....like stardock and skin factory and to just snatch out the air..as they originally claimed..is simply..not true as it goes against the grain of how they have done and are doing things The final end product is born out of competitions like this..not thin air nor c2c.
see Guichamps.com..I would venture to say..we may find something in those quarters. I know skinfactory said no..But stardock..never responded..
We may find that beauty really is only skin deep
Good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 390  391  392    394  395  396 >>

join