It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 368
<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CFandM
Glad it came up for another look...
Interesting on that wiggens model...I wonder if the offset screw thing could also be attributed to a certain application or rendering package.....For instance it looks this way in 3dmax but not in cinema3d.......
Just a thought.........

Yes, I thought about that, too. I don't know if and how often Kris and rwiggins look in here, but maybe it would be interesting to know, which program they used.

I also took another look at Kris' video and I did not see that anomaly there. Maybe you could take another look at it. It should be there, if Kris used the same program.

Maybe we can at least narrow it down to one or a few programs which cause this effect...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Consider it done
The ARC is now open for business.
All members of the Dark Side are officially on alert for continuing developments.

SyS

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Regarding 3d max et al and the screws:

Well that would be one humungous bug in 3d max! (Especially as its been on of the tools of choice for hard surface modellers since the year dot. So its prettty safe to say it would have been noticed before.)

I did a quick test in max (using no less than 20 'screws' on a flat plane) and experienced no misalignment issues as I expected. Its simply a common workflow hiccup, in that many modellers from time to time forget to reset the xform, or group correctly etc.

You'll find most 3d guys make similar errors like that from time to time so its no suprise to see it pop up on different models by different people.

In the defense of most of the guys that did 3d work in the beginning, we were all working sort of against the clock to try and show what was possible to many members who knew as much about 3d as I do about temporal physics (ie sod all lol). So when working faster than usual mistakes can and do occur, its all a matter of how noticable they are. Hence similar mistakes / hiccups would occur in diffferent interpretations..unless of course everyone was really observant and just didn't say anything lol.

Another possible reason for the misalignment that I'd forgotten to pass on, is that maybe a lot of the guys reduced the thickness of the 'wings' towards the ends (to help the 'design'....thats sort of a occupational hazard for creative people lol), so the screws when copied across / cloned / instanced would be out of alighment (using max's align tools would have sorted this out btw.) Just another possibility I thought I'd put out there for discussions.

Wayne...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So it is very unlikely, that it is due to a bug in a program? Than we are back to a human mistake.

Allis0ne thought, he had caught Spf on that mistake. But he never produced any model at all and thought, he had used wiggin's model.

The only wiggin's model I could find after all that time does not have this anomaly and does not look like the one Allis0ne presented.

This reduces the persons who made that error to 1. I hope, we will find more, because I don't think, this is the right person. And still it was not cleared up, who made the drone, Allis0ne presented as spf's...

Could somebody find that same phenomenon in anybody else's creations?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey Sys,

I used 3ds Max and Kris used Lightwave.

HPO has created incredible reproductions of both the Chad and the Raj drones using SolidWorks. You might want to look at some of the renders. Lightwave and SolidWorks both apparently reproduce the anomalous offsets.

Hope it helps.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwiggins
Hey Sys,

I used 3ds Max and Kris used Lightwave.

HPO has created incredible reproductions of both the Chad and the Raj drones using SolidWorks. You might want to look at some of the renders. Lightwave and SolidWorks both apparently reproduce the anomalous offsets.

Hope it helps.

That is great news RW !! I hope they dont boot HP for that disclosure!! I can only star you once but that just saved tons of unnecessary back and forth...
They even blocked me from looking. Thank God I have friends, Thanks Nemo for "passing" me the picture anyway. I knew you would come around. (wink ), and Kudos to HPO..Gifted and a nice guy too.
This is the solidwaorks model I found. I will port rest as I I go along.

BY

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here are some renders from HPO

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thnax RW these are the links and what I assume is !!s statement

img530.imageshack.us...
img150.imageshack.us...
www.hpaymans.demon.nl...

And Kris never noticed the strange assymetrical position of the nuts/bolts/bits, a proof that he didn't directly created them itself, but that it's the rendering software who did it for him.4- All the others CG artist obtained the same result.

What is the most likely?
- ALL these softwares and CG artist made a mistake or are ALL wrong regarding these misaligned nuts/bolts/bits and/or are incompetents to recreate them in a proper way, in spite of the fact that they can create more complicated things and that they use the most powerful engine OR
- All these softwares and artists only naturally recreate a normal situation (i-e an optical illusion probably due to a combination of various factors: lightening, shape of the nuts/bolts/bits, tilting of the drone, blur, whatelse....) that we can find in the true life, i-e in photography, despite the fact that it's seems impossible TO OUR EYES

So I guess he is saying we are looking at an opticalillusion,, even on paper..can anyone translate what the heck that man just said?
hahaha how bizarre, What I read must be an optical illusion..its unbelievable! DRDil was banned..we never even joined!

These are critiques like at an art gallery telling the artist what he saw and did with his own work.

I was waiting for something Really groundbeaking, it was all the same disingenuous . well yes you see it but they are really centered because the software say so, see? count the pixels..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I resume: It does not happen in 3D Max. But it ocurred in pics, people produced with other programs...

Thanks, rwiggins. Could you also clear up that question about that model, Allisone thought, it was spf's work, but spf thought, it was your work?

That part was a little confusing. Maybe you just can say, if it was one of your's or not.

Maybe better: Do you know, who's drone spf used?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i pulled the following article
the may 22 2007 potuguese paper quotes the top as SPF33 and Bottom Rwiggins

www.ceticismoaberto.com...

Is there another model out there that Allisone is refereing to?. The paper said rw had many but I think spf did too if his pix are an indicator..
hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rwiggins

Thanks for that info rwiggins that certainly narrows it down or at least rules out 3dmax..With Waynes and your input that is certain...

@sidd...I'll still take a look at the Kris vid again and see if I see this happening in there..It might turn out to be that it only happens when a still is rendered rather than an animation...But thats only speculative at the moment...

@sys..Everything is an optical illusion here...The pics, the witnesses, that airbrushing, LMH, Whit.....
The whole drone case is just an illusion...It just depends on your perspective...

You and Drdil getting banned is..hate to say it...funny...Guess they really don't want you there giving them reality..

[edit on 11-7-2008 by CFandM]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Could you point me to the model in question? I produced only one model of the Chad drone and made it available to others for research. It is easily identifiable by the greebles around the top rim and the "thrusters" under the main wing.

I forgot to mention that HPO uses Vue (E-on Software) to produce his renders.

Sys, what it boils down to is this: the original "photographs" (specifically Chad's and Raj's) demonstrate the offset anomaly. The offset anomaly also appears when rendered in Lightwave and Vue in an identical manner. Coincidence? Or is it what the majority of us cg and photography folk have been saying all along?

When we spoke of perspective anomalies, render artifacts and numerous other details we see every day, this is one example of exactly what we were referring to.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You are right about that, the anomalies appeared then because the arteest (sic) that too, didnt do a setting correct, like here in this article from autodesk, 2004, that is applicable to other 3d packages in dealing with alignment problems, and glitches.
usa.autodesk.com...
11 makes it seems well all the packages do that, ..the packages just mimic reality, well what you are seeing is reality, he would say..even though it is imossible to the eye..errr ok..but what if the guy was just in a rush, and messed up. Because if he REALLY knew what he was doing, that wouldn't have happened, and same error across different pix, screams same guy, and he does not know what he is doing..hahaha thats the reality I see.

Maybe he wears glasses and they have barrel distortion,
or he has a super duper monitor, with those fancy panty (sic)colors
, and HE saw it aligned, but never realized the rest the rest of us would catch it That ,to me, makes a lot more sense then 11 A did. But of course, all of them subscribe to that life is an illusion philosophy so who knows what they'll say when HPO finishes his.
Thats why David B was right this guy is not a pro, good, but not a pro. Boy he must be fuming right now

as for the witness Brent and the family member and this, imo, new attempt, at circumventinng reality, I see no discussion at his site with any of the members, or reference to even the last sighting, which you one would expect to see "chatter", as the Office of HS would describe. NOT a PEEP.
Not from Mark Siebold the astronomer and Solar Prophet, Tim schneider the pal who backed off after a beer, or T the designer, Vixen the cosmic courtney brown fan, OR ChaD, and a ton of others who would have loved to hear the story. or his son Skyler.
THAT silence among friends, speaks volumes. Its a trademark of all the actors in this story.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So... did "HPO" purpously make the same shadow mistake? I'm curious.

HPO render:

Originally posted by Springer
Sys, I need you to stay on top of this breaking situation (breaking the laws of decency I mean) over the weekend, we'll need Wayne, AllisOne, everybody.

U2U me the info when its availible, i'll be standing by.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't think HPO used a calculated lighting solution, though I could be wrong. Also, with the Raj reference photo, you can see part of the side of the main body whereas in HPO's, you cannot.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Well I did take a look at the video again Sid..I used VirtualDub and looked at it frame by frame...Gives one more appreciation for the time that Kris spent on this when viewing it that way..
There was one frame of the video where the Kris model is close to the same view as the other drone....
Kris' model is on the left..
img367.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
All I can say is Outstanding to all of you, because if you had been with the hoaxters, we would really have a big and unpleasant item on our plates.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwiggins
Could you point me to the model in question?

I had to go back, to look for the link. It was this one:

@cf: Thanks for looking. So it is there, too. I used RAD video tools, to get the single frames. This is really amazing!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Also Sid take a peek at that side by side that I posted and the drones arm position..How the originals drone has the issue with the arm pointed up or to the side or at least looks that way....Kris' has that same look...

@Sys nope no hoaxing band wagon from me...Unless its making coffee I can fake that pretty well..

[edit on 12-7-2008 by CFandM]

new topics

top topics

<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join