It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Emergency Alert System Activated Today (6/26/07) By Presidential Code

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What is going on? posts have dissapeared and even threads are gone...

Did we have a revert?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
was wondering the same

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I posted a message about that very question in the questions and info forum - and then chrissler moved it to complaints.

I don't know whats going on...even the rats thread is messed up?
It looks like all of val's posts are gone.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
I posted a message about that very question in the questions and info forum - and then chrissler moved it to complaints.

I don't know whats going on...even the rats thread is messed up?
It looks like all of val's posts are gone.

Yeah, it happened right after your post, and Val was researching some more.

Humm, the site is acting strange, I could be wrong but maybe we had a hacker get in the site.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Don't panic people and please stay on topic.

This is a news thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, that's just great isn't it?

whatever - I don't know why I bother.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
they could be trying to re-unite val's old stuff with his new login...maybe thats why they removed all his posts?

Either way - there is some irony going on around here...don't you think?

The false flag hoax, the emergency in chicago, the intercom on base - what else was wierd today? Chris benoit killed himself and family (although that happened on monday...) am I missing anything else?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Don't panic people and please stay on topic.

This is a news thread.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Was just wondering. Too many coincidences happening today.

SO is looking into it.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
The real question is if you make such a mistake on a code usage for this, could you make one testing the nukes?
Oops, I just sent 200 missiles heading for Moscow.

Ooops, you tweaked the code wrong...With a "zig" instead of a "zag," you could've put the nukes into the Middle East! I just hope you would include the signal to get our boys out of the area first...

Although it would've been better if you put the "president's code" in there instead & nuked Washington D.C...Would've been doing the whole world a big favor.

Personally, I don't think it was a mistake...If it was the President's Code used to signal the alert, someone had to be doing it on purpose. Simply consider how many safeguards (both human & hardwired) that would have to be in place to prevent such mistakes! Whether it was the President or merely someone else using using his code, the odds of it being "accidental" would be nigh-astronomical.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
another link to the story.
www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I thought there was something strange because I could have sworn the CBS link said that it was installed or setup in D.C., but the Sun Times links says that it was being installed here in Illinois. Easy to mix up info like that, but much of the rest of the items are copied and pasted from what was either a central conference or an AP wire. Strange I don't find it on any of the major news sites as of yet.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I live in Chicago and heard the EBS break in today on WLS (AM 890) twice. It was very strange for because the hosts of the show did not appear to know the EBS had been activated. The broadcast just cut out and the annoying tones kicked in. I did not think much the first time it went off, but 15 to 20 minutes later it kicked in again. The second time lasted longer and I kept thinking something bad must have happened. I have always thought Chicago had to be on the bad guys list of places they want to mess with.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The whole Presidential codes thing got my attention...which led me to this 2001 article written shortly after 911:

Digital moles in White House? Terrorists had top-secret presidential codes

"Air Force One is next," read the message received by the U.S. Secret Service at 9 a.m. Sept. 11, after two hijacked planes struck the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York...

The terrorists' message threatening Air Force One was transmitted in that day's top-secret White House code words. As the clock ticked away, the Secret Service reached a frightening conclusion: The terrorists had obtained the White House code and a whole set of top-secret signals...

In the week after the attacks in New York and Washington, more hair-raising facts emerged. The terrorists had also obtained the code groups of the National Security Agency and were able to penetrate the NSA's state-of-the-art electronic surveillance systems. Indeed, they seemed to have at their disposal an electronic capability that was more sophisticated than that of the NSA.

More...

I recall hearing something about the Air Force One incident, but never the details.

The article continues:

U.S. intelligence has been unable to trace their authors and recipients in the three years since first detecting evidence of their existence in the files of the bin Laden organization. U.S. agencies now believe that the attacks in New York and Washington were coordinated through those encrypted electronic messages, which were opened by "key" holders.

They also believe that terrorists are in possession of all or part of the codes used by the Drug Enforcement Administration, the National Reconnaissance Office, Air Force Intelligence, Army Intelligence, Naval Intelligence, Marine Corps Intelligence and the intelligence offices of the State Department and Department of Energy.

What an amazing article!

Have the assertions raised in this article been discussed before on ATS?

I can't believe I missed something like this.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here's a little bit of info on EAS.

Along with its capability of providing a national message to the entire public simultaneously, the EAS structure provides authorized state and local personnel with a quick method to distribute important local emergency information. A state emergency manager may use the system to send out a public warning by broadcasting that warning from one or more major radio stations in a particular state. EAS equipment in other radio and television stations, as well as cable systems in that state, can automatically monitor and rebroadcast that message.

(emphasis mine)

www.fcc.gov...

I wonder where we can find a list of these personnel. Are these people easy to compromise? Do they have "presidential codes" (which I honestly cannot find any more info on)?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Now I hate using wikipedia as a source, but ...

30+ radio stations are designated as National Primary Stations in the Primary Entry Point (PEP) System to distribute Presidential messages to other broadcast stations and cable systems. The Emergency Action Notification is the notice to broadcasters that the President of the United States or his designee will deliver a message over the EAS via the PEP system. "You [AM and FM broadcasters] will hear the following Emergency Action Notification Message from the EAS decoder. This is an Emergency Action Notification requested by the White House. All broadcast stations will follow activation procedures in the EAS Operating Handbook for a national level emergency. The President of the United States or his representative will shortly deliver a message over the Emergency Alert System."

Because the header lacks error detection codes it is repeated three times for redundancy. EAS decoders compare the received headers against one another, looking for an exact match between any two, eliminating most errors which can cause an activation to fail. The decoder then decides whether to ignore the message or whether to relay it on the air based on whether the message applies to the local area served by the station (which is pre-programmed into the decoder).

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems like it's pretty difficult to "accidentally" transmit a message, doesn't it? That is, if this info is not already outdated.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Loam, that was great. Scary stuff (scary source too), amazing if true.

Check this out. I heard that a fax was received at the whitehouse on 9/11 with that day's nuclear football codes.

All points to the involvement of a segment of this nation's intelligence service(s).

Of course I have no idea if it's true or not, since I've seen no evidence.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
WyrdeOne

So the details are a surprise to you too?

How is it possible that an article alleging these facts has not received more attention and scrutiny???

I'm blown away by it.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
i live in chicago and havn't seen a news article or word on the street about anything yet. i didn't see it on the news, nor hear it on the radio, which i must have not been listening to at the time, but i believe it did happen, although.. living in chicago i must say.... it's the last place anyone would want to terrorize or aliens would invade, place is a dump.
-meeeow.
-fdisc0

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yeah here in the Dallas area they've stepped up the EAS alerts. The weather here has been kind of bad so its made a nice way to use it. I've caught it playing everyday for the last few days. Normally its like a monthly test, but when I saw it on PBS, the scroller said it was a daily test.
What gives???

Interesting, but I was listening to my XM radio earlier this morning around 2 am and it played the EAS on there too. I was kind of shocked it played on there too.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Does anyone know what text (verbiage) was used in the message?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join