It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Emergency Alert System Activated Today (6/26/07) By Presidential Code

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I listen to WBBM 780 am every morning on my way to work, I heard their broadcast cut out to the typical EBS annoying tone, they made no mention of a test comming up, the broadcast just stopped. My stomach sank a bit as it didnt feel right I could hear talking and a bit of what i guess you could describes a a digital tone, I couldnt get my radio up loud enough to make out any of what was being said, and wrote it off as the studio folk still talking not knowing the EBS had been activated. Then it cut back in with another am station I told a coworker about it he said that was weird. Later In the aftrnoon WBBM had a 15 sec report about how FEMA caused it, no one knows why or how but investigators are looking into it.

Does anyone know if this was across am and fm?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
page about this on CBS Chicago along with news footage of the event.

cbs2chicago.com...

You brothers and sisters over the pond get all the excitement, I guess the scottish alerts would be bagpipes playing on all radio / tv stations

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Coincidence that Dick Cheney happens to be coping flak lately? Seems like another diversion would be the best thing to happen for the Executive-Executive Branch.

The mistake could of been designed to forewarn Chicago by a wavering operative or it could of been a warning to some in Congress not to mess with the vPresident.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Isnt the code that was used ( being a presidential one ) kept in a spot where multiple people have to access it for it to be used or is that only with weapon systems.

anywhom, Im sure this wasnt a mere mistake, would seem to me with a system as such that they wouldnt have incompetent folk working on them since its a system response for warning of multiple disasters.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Coincidence that Dick Cheney happens to be coping flak lately? Seems like another diversion would be the best thing to happen for the Executive-Executive Branch.

The mistake could of been designed to forewarn Chicago by a wavering operative or it could of been a warning to some in Congress not to mess with the vPresident.

Or it could have been done by some other group outside the government to start something?...

Let's see...we just had a new member claim "he/she works for a government agency and there is a false flag operation in the horizon, then we find it was a hoax...as some kind of experiment...

Then this happens in Chicago, which "apparently would put the blame of anything happening on the govenrment"....and then we get Iran rationing it's fuel which is causing riots in Iran....

Could all three events be related?.... and I am not thinking the U.S. government would perpetrate this...but somehow these three events happening in unison...

It could just have been a fluke heh?...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Okay, so what does it add that the "hoaxer" was in the Chicago area?

Because he was posting from the Chicago area.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, so what does it add that the "hoaxer" was in the Chicago area?

Because he was posting from the Chicago area.

Hummm...I wasn't aware of that...

Strange heh?...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I really don't think there's any connection. But it's a really bizarre coincidence.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Or it could have been done by some other group outside the government to start something?...

Well I've always considered Dick Cheney to be a "group outside the government", and so does he
But you are right, it could be any one.

Originally posted by Muaddib
Then this happens in Chicago, which "apparently would put the blame of anything happening on the govenrment"....and then we get Iran rationing it's fuel which is causing riots in Iran....

If the Iranian government could get FEMA to activate the EBS in Chicago I would be scared stiff if I were an American. However, the precedent of domestic terrorism being waged against Iran by Americans would lead me to consider that an outside possibility regardless of how hard it may be for Iran to accomplish.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
If the Iranian government could get FEMA to activate the EBS in Chicago I would be scared stiff if I were an American. However, the precedent of domestic terrorism being waged against Iran by Americans would lead me to consider that an outside possibility regardless of how hard it may be for Iran to accomplish.

No, but they could have people working as Iranian/Americans in the U.S. and creating these events, trying to blame the U.S. meanwhile performing some sort of attack, or a warning to get ready for something...

Again, speculation, but i find it interesting that so many coincidences are happening at the same time.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Welcome Back Val.

---deleted it thinking maybe she wanted to remain annonymous, but then noticed in the main page you can see the name "Valhall" as the last poster.
---

Anyways, ya, kind of a coincidence you came back at the same time all of this happened heh?.

Again, I was just kidding.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Any love for us who don't have RATS access?

Maybe a summary, or some brief
synopsis of the information held there?
All we know is it involves the Chicago mass
transit system, can we get a lil' bit more?

Seems the beat of events are increasing..
as the plot thickens.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Come to think of it now, My job entitles me being outside alot, In the last couple weeks I have noticed singular military helicopters flying in the Naperville/ North Aurora areas, anyone that lives in the area would know that this runs along I-88 the east/ west toll way. I dont know if the 2 are related I would assume not. But Im outside pretty much 365 days a year and Ive never seen this many military copters. not trying to get off topic but want to git answers!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yeah, it is...lol. But at least I got back at an entertaining time. I spent the last 6 months leveling an undead warlock to level 70 and now after a couple of months of working rep and grinding for better gear I got bored and decided to see what was going on...just to find yet another irritating hoax just almost identical to Serpo. In fact, the writing was so similar I started thinking it was B.R. again.

lol

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah, it is...lol. But at least I got back at an entertaining time. I spent the last 6 months leveling an undead warlock to level 70 and now after a couple of months of working rep and grinding for better gear I got bored and decided to see what was going on...

Yeah WB Val

Undead warlock?! Say it aint so! Coming from a 70 Dwarf priest I can honestly say I loathe undead
Will of The Forsaken is over powered!

Can I ask why your name is displayed as Valhall every where except in threads?

Can any one offer us any information on the "Presidential Code" portion of this story? The name would suggest that not all and sundry have access to such a code. If Muaddib's theory is accurate it would mean that the Iranians have some one close to the President.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You're an alliance midget???

Oh gawd...I'M FIRIN' MY FIREBALL!!!

The Fred thing is complicated, but fixable. I guess I'll get springer to reset my instance and get me back to Val. lol

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What game are you two talking about?

A midget and an undead priest?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
World of Warcraft

I'm a level 70 Horde undead warlock.

subz is a level 70 Alliance dwarf priest.

That makes us mortal enemies...and unless he's shadow spec'd - means I'll kick his arse in a New York minute....or in the case of this thread - a Chicago minute.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ah, hehe. i used to play UO for a long while and then EQII. I haven't played in a looong time. Always been a Paladin or a Ranger. ;P

Anyways, glad to see you around again.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What in the world?...

Did we just have a revert?..

Several poosts are lost, and some threads are gone......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join