It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Doom Factor (The Pole Shift will wipe us out)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video that I ran into on Google. It's a 1 hour and 22 min. production on past global catastrophes. Basically it's a 2012 doomsday video, but it's portrayed with a scientific twist. It seems that the secret to past societies being wiped out was the physical polar shift of the Earth. With a few exceptions the movie is very well done.

My main gripe with the video was that they passed off the Mayan calendar as being the amount of time it takes for our solar system to travel around the galaxy. Later they did go back and focus on the issue being more of a matter of the Earth crossing the Milky Way's equator line but I was insulted by the first insinuation.

Other amusing points include that that the change comes quickly but cites the Biblical Apocalypse as being 7 years long. Arguably it actually 3 and a half years and he does say that we'll see changes before hand. He could have explained this a little better. The most amusing thing comes at the first of the video. We see two cars with "Horizon Project" on the side driving to a location, but then they're never seen or used again. I guess the vehicles were supposed to give the impression of a research team.

All in all I'll give it a 4 out of 5 stars on the Apocalypse scale.
Great production.

Google Video Link

If the embedded video doesn't work then try this link. video.google.com...

[edit on 26-6-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
thanks for sharing! your description sounds very interesting. especially in times where so many different events could lead to the end of the world we know today... i think i'll watch it now, so don't expect any reply that soon!
greetings -EBE154

[edit on 26/6/07 by EBE154]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Very plausible that a major shift will occur with the aligning of the solar system with the galactic center of the Milky Way as discussed here and also mentioned on ATS here.

Anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great link! I did some internet research on this a while back and found most didn't speculate on what the outcome of the polar shift would be - not surprising as the last one occurred 780,000 years ago - however, as the average (median would be more accurate though...) is much shorter than this, the next one is well overdue. One site did say that analysis of preceeding shifts did not appear to usher in any apocalyptic envirnomental change. But it would probably have been thought uncool to say otherwise

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that was an excellent video.Rarely do I commit an hour and twenty two minutes to watch something on here.It was well worth it.Extremely eye opening." Flagged".

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Just wanted to say that was an excellent video.Rarely do I commit an hour and twenty two minutes to watch something on here.It was well worth it.Extremely eye opening." Flagged".

i can simply verify what was already stated above. excellent video and really eye opening, indeed! but at one point, i really had to laugh...
it was quite at the end when the speaker said: we are really living in an interesting time nowadays - refering to the upcoming destruction of the civilization as we know it between 2008-2015...
now that's a good humour if you ask me!

nonetheless i'm also a bit shocked by the video itself. because if those events are really inevitable (and we already do see them!), then we should possibly start to accept our last years here on earth. what's left to stay: please, can anyone rescue us???

-EBE154 1989-2012(†)

[edit on 26/6/07 by EBE154]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Rarely do I commit an hour and twenty two minutes to watch something

I know what you mean. I kept waiting for him to break in to some sort of "Planet Nirubu" type speech blaming it all on planet X, but that never happened. Instead I found myself glued to it with interest the entire time. He did mention a planet X at one spot but only to say that it was most likely an object thrown our way during the galactic central crossing. That is there is no such thing as a reoccurring planet X. Just one time objects that pass by on occasion. I liked this theory a lot. For a 2012 story that is.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Very plausible that a major shift will occur with the aligning of the solar system with the galactic center of the Milky Way as discussed here and also mentioned on ATS here.

Anything is possible.

aligning or crossing? we now know there is a huge black hole @ the center so crossing will suck bad.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
mmm late in UK will look at this.... there is an innacuracy in many people perceptions of the milky way vis-a-vis the solar system. Recent reseach has shown infact that we are not actually from this galaxy.... that we have started to join it...like a big dance in space with massive singers....

as said its late in uk bed calls...google it I also believe I saw it mentioned on ats breifly... its pretty conclusive evidence, we come froma part of the sagitarian clusters...

If no one has any luck post here and I will find it tomorrow.

Just wanted toclear thatup for some people we are not in an orbit around the milky way and always have been and ad infinitum... so now realigning with the galctic center can ever happen, we are better described as aligning with or joining even crashing into the lilky way.... all just as catastrophic, but lets keep the science real and accurate.

Kind regards

Elf

[edit on 26-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
aligning or crossing? we now know there is a huge black hole @ the center so crossing will suck bad.

i think no-one really knows until now how such a constellation would look like, so you can only guess. the events could also take place without such a 'new planet' appearing. we probably have to wait and see. or actually not see...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
mmm late in UK will look at this.... there is an innacuracy in many people perceptions of the milky way vis-a-vis the solar system. Recent reseach has shown infact that we are not actually from this galaxy

Really, there's no need to be uptight about this. This recent discovery is still a theory mind you. There's no solid proof yet.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That was a good video, dbates. Really puts things in perspective when one sees how civilizations can just disappear with the blink of an eye.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just watched the vid. - quite plausable imo. If true, kinda rules out the possibility of doing anything about it though, which sucks!
Might also give some credience to the 'Alternative 3' scenario - I bet a nice and dry (relatively) Mars would be a safer place to be, say for the next 7 years, than on this H2O saturated rock. It's also getting warmer there too - wonder if that's also connected?

[edit on 27-6-2007 by omelette]

[edit on 27-6-2007 by omelette]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I wanted to post some other information that I thought a few of you might find interesting. Here is a bit of information regarding the solar system and the galactic center.

---------------------------------------------------------
The Solar System is located in the Milky Way galaxy, a barred spiral galaxy with a diameter of about 100,000 light years containing about 200 billion stars.[80] Our Sun resides in one of the Milky Way's outer spiral arms, known as the Orion Arm or Local Spur.[81] The Sun lies between 25,000 and 28,000 light years from the Galactic Center, and its speed within the galaxy is about 220 kilometres per second, so that it completes one revolution every 225-250 million years. This revolution is known as the Solar System's galactic year.[82]

The Solar System's location in the galaxy is very likely a factor in the evolution of life on Earth. Its orbit is close to being circular and is at roughly the same speed as that of the spiral arms, which means it passes through them only rarely. Since spiral arms are home to a far larger concentration of potentially dangerous supernovae, this has given Earth long periods of interstellar stability for life to evolve. The Solar System also lies well outside the star-crowded environs of the galactic center. Near the center, gravitational tugs from nearby stars could perturb bodies in the Oort Cloud and send many comets into the inner Solar System, producing collisions with potentially catastrophic implications for life on Earth. The intense radiation of the galactic center could also interfere with the development of complex life. Even at the Solar System's current location, some scientists have hypothesised that recent supernovae may have adversely affected life in the last 35,000 years by flinging pieces of expelled stellar core towards the Sun in the form of radioactive dust grains and larger, comet-like bodies.
-------------------------------------------------------

Here is another benefit of being near the outside of the Galaxy and away from the Galactic core.
----------------------------------------------------------
Being in the outer region of the Galaxy protects our Solar System from the huge gravitational tug of stars clustered near the galactic center. If we were closer in, the combined gravity of all those stars would perturb the orbit of comets in the Oort cloud. The Oort cloud, which circles the outer perimeter of our Solar System, contains trillions of comets. The gravitational disturbances caused by other stars would send many of those comets in our direction - increasing the rate of comet impacts and endangering - if not eventually wiping out - life on Earth.

Staying away from the galactic center has an additional advantage. The center of the Galaxy is awash in harmful radiation. Solar systems near the center would experience increased exposure to gamma rays, X-rays, and cosmic rays, which would destroy any life trying to evolve on a planet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A definition of the Galactic Alignment for you all as well from here
----------------------------------------------------
The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic equator. This alignment occurs as a result of the precession of the equinoxes.....

This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.
-------------------------------------------------------

Its interesting that though many don't consider the possibility of a pole shift during this Galactic alignment, many others believe it will be a time that the magnetic alignments will cause an increase in human consciousness.

Lots of beliefs out there.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by omelette
I bet a nice and dry (relatively) Mars would be a safer place to be, say for the next 7 years, than on this H2O saturated rock. It's also getting warmer there too - wonder if that's also connected?

i think the physicist in the video stated, that every planet in our solar system is currently undergoing some form of global warming like we are experiencing it. now if this has really to do with the change of the 'magnetic-field' because of our solar systems movement towards an axis with the center of the galaxy, then we are definitely in big trouble if you ask me. just look at the whether conditions worldwide. every country and region of this world has to deal with severe and very strange weather this year. here in europe it was every month slidely too warm for ex. and in the asian region enourmous rainfall and floods as a consequence took place. (and that list could probably be continued endlessly...) i just want to move your attention to the upcoming hurricane season 2007 in the U.S. which is predicted to be as strong and devastating as in year 2005 - the only reason why 2006 was a year without those typical hurricans was the behaviour of the so-called el-nîno wheather phenomenon which simply interrupted the deadly stormcells in their development. so as you see, this will probably be a very hard and again totally unusual year of new weather extremes. and i tell you something: as soon as we see the first cat6 hurricane, ppl will start to realize that something really is going on here on our planet. right now i'm just very curious if we will be able to see further increases in weatherconditions / volcanic activity and earthquakes after 2008 until 2015. because if that should be the case, it would be the ultimate proof for the theory of the video and probably it would mean, that we really have to expect the wipe out of our current civilization through more extreme events that start to take place right now and just as said before increase every year. so if we would have a cat7 (lol) hurricane in 2009 for ex. i can very well imagine, that 2012 could be indeed the year where our civilization as we know it will be totally wiped out... so yes, interesting times we are living in...

[edit on 27/6/07 by EBE154]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

i think the physicist in the video stated, that every planet in our solar system is currently undergoing some form of global warming like we are experiencing it...

In the interest of completeness, I re-checked, and yes he did say that 'several' planets were undergoing global warning

What I also find strange is that there is a huge amount of evidence of past civilisations being discovered each year that passes but you hear relatively little about it in the main stream media. Is it 'simply' because our scientific priesthood are just uncomfortable about the idea of having to re-write a lot of what they feed us as being facts or as the physicist in the vid. suggested, it is natural for any civilisation to believe that they alone have reached the pinacle of achievement and the notion of more advanced past civilisations is just too unpalatable - so try to ignore it?

If the worst does happen, I don't think it will be something that just sets mankind back a few hundred years. IMO we have no concept of just how ferocious nature can be or appreciation of just how fragile the earth is - when things go wrong, the do it in style! The mass extinctions that have been unearthed certainly give pause for thought...

The animals found were mammals. The most numerous was the small twin horned rhinoceros (Diceratherium). There was another extinct animal (Moropus) with a head not unlike that of a horse but with heavy legs and claws like that of a carnivorous animal. And bones of a giant swine that stood six feet high (Dinohyus hollandi) were also unearthed. The Carnegie Museum, which likewise excavated in Agate Spring Quarry, in a space of 1350 square feet found 164,000 bones or about 820 skeletons. A mammal skeleton averages 200 bones. This area represents only one-twentieth of the fossil bed in the quarry, suggesting to Lull that the entire area would yield about 16,400 skeletons of the twin-horned rhinoceros, 500 skeletons of the clawed horse, and 100 skeletons of the giant swine. A few miles to the east, in another quarry were found skeletons of an animal which, because of its similarity to two extant species, is called a gazelle camel (Stenomylus). A herd of these animals was destroyed in a disaster. ~ the transportation was in a violent cataract of water, sand, and gravel, that left marks on the bones. Tens of thousands of animals were carried over an unknown distance, then smashed into a common grave.

External Source

Also, strange that there seems to be relatively few human remains found in any of these excavations...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The Pinatubo factor,
The head of the YVO, prof. A. Lowenstein, in the latest super volcano documentery, claimed that the big eruption, would have to work through our climate for several more years. Using Tambora, as a touch stone, he figures that our lousy weather is a parallel episode. Some energy wave went through our Solar system, some years ago, and this heat is working it's way out of all the solid bodies. On Earth, it seems to escape in volcanic venting, which messes up the effects of the Sun on the surface of the planet. Tambora caused a year without a summer, killed Napoleon's army in the Russian Winter, and caused a non warfare famine, in Europe, in 1820. Pinatubo, is farther away from the equator, than Tambora, so things are working out differently, but should rejoin the curve, before tapering off, completely. Each big eruption will be different, yet similiar.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I and most people I guess are under the impression that our solar system belongs to the Milky Way galaxy. However the following find suggests otherwise:

Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here.

Imagine the shock of growing up in a loving family with people you call "Mum" and "Dad" and then, suddenly, learning that you are actually adopted! This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

External Source

Is this the currently held view? Strange that the OP video whose mian tenet centers around a clash with the Milky Way plane makes no mention of this...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
A widely accepted theory these days is that a pole shift can be caused by geological occurrences (like the build-up of ice in the arctic regions) and/or from a rare alignment of planets. That pole shifts (i.e., the world tilting on its axis) are thereby cyclical in nature.

Once again I find myself going against the mainstream. That hypothesis is simply untrue.

Some of you may recall a book called 5/5/2000 Ice: The Ultimate Disaster by Richard W. Noone. He professed that the alignment of planets and the build-up of Antarctic ice would cause a pole shift on May 5th, 2000.

May 5th, 2000 came and went and nothing happened.

My point is this...

It takes a lot more than a rare alignment of planets and normal, cyclical geological occurrences and weather formations to cause the world to tilt on its axis. Just as it did thousands of years ago when it resulted in The Great Flood which is documented in various ancient cultures. Something has to greatly disrupt the gravitational field and stability of the planet from without. That disruption can be due to a large meteor, a solar catastrophe, or from the unleashing of nuclear and the even more powerful antimatter weapons that results in a global nuclear holocaust

J. Robert Oppenheimer, (1904–1967) the Supervising Scientist of the Manhattan Project was giving a lecture at Rochester University seven years after the first atomic weapon was successfully detonated. After his lecture he opened the floor to a period of questions and answers.

One student asked: “Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan Project the first one to be detonated?” Dr. Oppenheimer’s answer was short but extremely telling. Dr. Oppenheimer said: “Well – yes. In modern times, of course.”

Dr. Oppenheimer years earlier had described what he was thinking when he witnessed the first modern atomic explosion. His thoughts had gone to the Hindu Bhagvad Gita which states:

"Of a thousand suns in the sky if suddenly should burst forth the light, it would be like unto the light of that Exalted One.” (Bhagvad Gita XI, 12)

“Death am I, cause of destruction of the worlds, matured and set out to gather in the worlds there." (Bhagvad Gita XI, 32)

However, in answering the question Dr. Oppenheimer was not referring to the Hindu Bhagvad Gita but rather an ancient Indian text known as the Mahabharata. That which had occurred in Japan in 1945 was reminiscent of a far more ancient episode, one as early as 2450 BC in the regions of the upper Ganges.

Source: The Silence Was Deafening by Tim Case

In The Mahabharata, the ancient Indian epic, it reads:

... (it was) a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendor...

...it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
....to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Source: Ancient Atomic Wars - Best Evidence?

In a region of India known as Rajasthan local officials discovered an area where very high rates of cancers and birth defects were occurring. A layer of ash with an extremely high level of radiation was excavated and the ruins of an ancient city were discovered below it. Officials believe the city was destroyed by an atomic blast that completely leveled the city and killed 500,000 people. It was subsequently determined that this dramatic event took place well over 12,000 years ago. When excavators had reached down to the street level, bodies were found holding hands and locked in embrace. The whole city was frozen in an instant in time. Atomic blasts produce glass and numerous glass spheres were discovered throughout the city. These spheres were thought to have been pottery that had been super heated during the explosion.

Source: Atlantium Episode XV: Ancient Nuclear War

More references:

Ancient Atomic Warfare

Nuclear Wars In Antiguity

Ancient Nuclear War?

Ancient Atomic Knowledge?

The upshot:

There will be no pole shift again unless a large body from space comes near or strikes this planet and/or there is another high-tech war which leads to a global nuclear holocaust

[edit on 4-7-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The upshot: There will be no pole shift again unless a large body from space comes near or strikes this planet and/or there is another high-tech war which leads to a global nuclear holocaust

I was very surprised when I first learnt (via the Net) about the possible evidence of ancient nuclear wars that has been found - no book/magazine that I had ever read before that had even hinted at such an event! Is this something else that has been kept from widespread public scrutiny for fear nuclear energy might be seen in a bad light?

That said, I don't think the nuclear thing could account for the periodic poleshifts that geology has shown to have occurred in the past. Much more likely imo to be a result of some cosmic event, such as suggested in the OP video - or a large body passing too close...

Even though Einstein was a proponent of Charles Hapgood's theory of Earth Crust Displacement being the cause of poleshifts, it's hard to see how, with the polar caps supposedly melting atm, that this could trigger it this time...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join