It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have lived in my apartment for 6 months and have experienced nothing out of the ordinary. 2 nights ago when lying in bed, I started getting the feeling that I was being watched. I eventually got up and checked the doors, windows, etc(I am the only unit on the top floor) then went back to my bed. The feeling was overwhelming and frightening and at one point I decided to start praying. As soon as I did that, the feeling intensified and gave me the impression that I was making something angry by praying. I ended up lying awake almost all night.

Yesterday was an exhausting day since I had very little sleep but I had a pretty good day at work and was upbeat. As soon as I arrived home from work and walked through my door, it almost felt as if any and all good thoughts were sucked right out of me and I had a feeling of anxiety all night. When I went to bed, I started to get the same feeling of being watched again.

I have always been 'sensitive' the the paranormal and have had experiences with ghosts. spirits, and the like but this was somehow different.

Can anyone shed any light on what this may be? Maybe I have an overactive imagination but I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I would suggest getting help from someone holy, but know nothing about that area since I lean more towards the neutral area.

Do you know anything about the past of the apartment?
Did you do anything big like redecorate or something to that effect before you got these feelings?

There is definatly a negtive energy about the place from what you describe. Maybe there is a spirit that's pissed off about something, or possibly a demonic pressence.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You really need to speak to a minister of your local church. Both my wife and i have prayed in properties to clense them. Don't be surprised though if you don't get anywhere at the first church you try as not all ministers are keen to do this type of ministry.
In the meantime, pray and ask for protection.
Hope this helps
john.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You say that you live on the top floor, are there are folk living on the floor below? Only one possibility that occurs to me is that it could be negative energy emanating from there. Might be an idea to speak to your neighbours, find out if they're experiencing anything similar and maybe see if you can get a feeling as to whether or not they might be the source of it. I don't think that it's likely to be some kind of haunting or residue energy from previous occupants otherwise you would almost certainly have felt it well before now, probably within days of moving in. If you have recently brought something new into the place, particularly something second-hand, it could be something attached to that, or maybe something left behind by someone who called on you, probably someone outside of your regular visitors. Look for something that could be a catalyst, that would have occurred right before it started.

Whatever the cause, of course, you'll be wanting rid of it. One thing that I would do in such a situation is just give the place real good clean out - top to bottom. Get yourself some incense ready to hand, then when you've cleaned the place, open as many windows as you can and light the incense - you could take it into each room or just leave it nearest to where you feel the focus of negativity is. You could try what's known as dragonsblood, which is supposed to drive out unwanted energies, or a combination of frankincense and myrrh, which works more by bringing positive higher spiritual energies to a place (and the ingredients are a lot easier to get a hold of.) If you want to and are so-inclined, you could use prayer whilst you're doing all this, and that may help.

Another thing that you might consider is that it might not be the building atall. Is it possible that you have become the focus of some resentment, maybe by someone at work perhaps? Only, it could be that they are lying in their own bed of a night and brooding over it all and somehow the negativity is managing to reach you. If so, the solution may be simply to find a way to clear the air with that person.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by skjalddis]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

I will try some of the things suggested. I just find it odd that this should randomly start happening. Of all my experiences in the past, I never felt this kind of negative energy and have never really been scared like I am now by things like this.

My sister has always called me the ghost magnet.

It's really nice to have a place like this to share experiences and get opinions and help.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here are some things I have read concerning this matter:

1. Burn a small sage herbal cluster allowing the smoke in each room. Don’t set off your fire alarms or your neighbors may give you some really bad vibes.
2. Bath in beer. This is said to turn away an evil eye.
3. Use rose water often as it attracts angels.
4. After spraying your bedroom with rose water clear your mind and meditate on crystal white light filled angels all around you. Pray out loud for a protective hedge in the name of Yeshua, Jesus, then “Yahavay” our Father. Lastly fill your heart with joy. Breath in deeply and exhale slower and for a longer count to relax. Do not tense up or think of any fearful thought.

This should push any unclean spirit on to an easier target. Good Luck and may the one true God of Light protect you and bring peace to your life.

new topics

top topics

join