It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy, it is only implied...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What exactly is privacy to you? This seems to be a popular topic in the last couple of years. If an actual great disaster were to happen what would happen to our privacy? What are the limits on our privacy, and what do you feel the limits of privacy should be? Are the people that are worried up to something illegal? I don't think this is always the case. I think that instead, it is a matter of "none of your business." Should the government be able to intrude upon your life for a "greater good"? What about simple invasions, such as web tracking? Some companies already require Social Security info just to use their service. If you have cable or satelite, they have access to your financial records. Why should they care? When you get a job, they check for criminal background. Understandable, but what if you are trying to move on in life? When you get a job, you are drug tested. Understandable, but isn't what you do at home your business? (providing that you understand that there is a time and a place) If a law officer walks up to you and asks for ID, you are bound to show it, or you can face consequences for failure to show ID. There are large and small invasions of privacy all around us. How many people work in retail, where the cameras are on you, rather than your merchandise? It's everywhere. Please check out this link for a description of US privacy law. Privacy Law I would like to hear what you all think about privacy and the limits of said privacy. This can include internet, home, posessions, financial, work related, "recreational", or other. Thanks for your time... V

[edit on 6/26/2007 by venom79x]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess what I'm trying to say above, is that there just seems to be an implied sense of privacy. Nothing you do financially or electronically is private at this point. Do we really have privacy in the US, or in the world in general at this point?

join