It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Skeptics Assumption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think skeptics start out with an assumption that U.F.O.'s don't exist and therefore we have to find another explanation. This makes no sense. U.F.O. clearly exists just based on eyewitness accounts. You have accounts from pilots, military, police officers, Presidents and more. At the end of the day all these people would have to be either lying or stupid if the skeptic is correct. You couple this with cave paintings, paintings, ancient manuscripts, pictures and videos and it's easy to say that U.F.O.'s exist beyond any reasonable dout. There's both direct and circumstantial evidence to back this conclusion.

On the other hand, the skeptic ha no evidence to back his/her assertions. They only have heresay or 3rd party assumptions from people who were not there. See ufologist are not assuming that U.F.O.'s exist because there's mountains of evidence to support that claim. Sure you have people within ufology that come up with wild theories but you have that in fields like physics or biology as well.

Skeptics act like they have to be 100% certain that U.F.O.'s exist when with most things there's not that kind of certainty but we follow the evidence. Like with black holes, gravity or the universe itself. Over 90% of the universe is unknown and a skeptic would have to be all knowing to say that things like U.F.O.'s, psychic ability, life after death and other things don't exist. When the evidence in all of these things points to the opposite conclusion.

So of course U.F.O.'s exist beyond a reasonable doubt and a skeptic will remain a skeptic as long as they make the assumtion that U.F.O.'s have to be something that they can explain. There are alot of things out there that we can't explain and to look for other explanations in the face of all the evidence is doing a disservice to reason. I think we have to advance as a people to the point of yes, these things exist and we need to explore them fully from do they exist. That question implies that there's no evidence to support the claim and that's the furthest thing from the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yo, skeptic here. I don't doubt for a minute that UFOs exist. My skepticism is strictly toward anyone claiming to know exactly what they all are. Regardless of the explanation.

Interstellar? Interdimensional? Hollow Earth? Natural phenomenon? Mass hysteria? All terrestrial? Some combination of any two or more of the foregoing?

The point of my skepticism is, I don't know. And I haven't personally been convinced that anyone else does, either.

And my unscientifically personal polling experience leads me to believe that the majority of skeptics fall into that category. I certainly don't think that very many skeptics deny the existence of UFOs. For the majority, you have those skeptics that don't know and don't care, and those that care but don't know.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not really, skeptic start with an assumption that people are deceptive, mean, cruel and like to do things that make them laugh at others or make other people feel stupid.

Alas, the skeptic has both evidence and proof of his/her assumption.

join