It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Find.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When cleaning out my Granfather's parent's house where his bother had lived until his death, we found a bunch of masonic trinkets symbols, and clothing. In addition, there were a variety of swastikas. However, before he became a Supreme Court Lawyer, my great uncle was a Sniper/Marksman for the US Army. So, there is a possibility he "took" these swastikas from his fallen Nazi counterparts. I guess my question is.... Do Mason's use the symbol of the Swastika?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes, but i am not sure how much, just keep in mind Nazis actually killed 80.000-200.000 Masons worldwide. wiki

I like swastika too, but people go all crazy over it for some reason.

The Truth and Legend of the Swastika

[edit on 26-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
sb2012, thanks for the quick reply. I had no idea the Nazis killed that many Masons. Thanks for the information. I was thinking the Masons might use the symbol, but the fact that my great uncle went to the war made me think he may have "pulled" the tags off Nazi soldiers. Which I suppose may have possibly happened.

I have been Googling the Swastika symbol, and I just got blown away by the fact it is said to be the oldest known symbol. I had kind of a hard time buying that, but the link is below. Wild.

history1900s.about.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes, it's very old symbol but it got bad reputation because Nazis used it too, actually they used inverted swastika. Check the link above for more info about swastika.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
I guess my question is.... Do Mason's use the symbol of the Swastika?

American Masonry does not use the swastika as a symbol, although it sometimes used as a symbol in the 32° in foreign obediences.

If your grandfather was in the USA, his swastikas are probably WWII memoribilia instead of Lodge items. However, it is also possible that the swastika is used by the Northern Jurisdiction in the USA. Any Northern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite Masons care to comment?

[edit on 26-6-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Yes, it's very old symbol but it got bad reputation because Nazis used it too, actually they used inverted swastika.

The Nazis adopted the Vedic swastika (Aryan), but the American Indian's "wheel of life" turned the other way. So many groups have used the symbol in one or the other orientation, it's really not possible to say what's inverted.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Fine! Just fine. You are right but i think they adopted Tibetan one since H. P. Blavatsky was around Tibet a lot, also some people from Tibet were spotted in Germany on a few occasions.

The Nazi Connection with Shambhala and Tibet

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by sb2012:

Fine! Just fine. You are right but i think they adopted Tibetan one since H. P. Blavatsky was around Tibet a lot, also some people from Tibet were spotted in Germany on a few occasions.

So since the symbol is one of the oldest aroud, and Masons were around long before Nazis, I am assuming it could be either. That is either Nazi trinkets taken from fallen prey, or masonic pieces for ritual. Which would actually make a lot of sense, because my grandfather's brother had different kinds. That is to say some were cheesy and brass(probably Nazi). And, some others were obviously solid gold and made by jewelers with some colored inlays.

sb2012, nice diagram by the way! It is very helpful in realizing the broad spectrum of the "symbol".

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
it reminds me of a lawn mower blade..spinning..moving towards us all.

some face left, some right..

[edit on 27-6-2007 by mastermind77]

top topics

join