It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop chokes 13yr. old! *must see*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
no worries here.'i have no intention of calling the law for any reason. can't reust them or rely on them.

i will handle it myself.
there are stories but why bother

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I keep seeing people saying "you don't know what happened before hand". Well I do not know if you guys have ever been in court or even watched court TV, but decisions are not made on what might have happened, they are made on what did happen. What did happen according to the evidence, is these kids were mistreated.

Now even if they did mouth off to the cop, losing your temper is no way to handle it. After all, he is supposed to be a proffessional right? Why do some feel we need to cut cops a break because of what they do? They are no better than you or I. They choose what they do. With that said, they should be held to an even higher standard than everyone else.

I even read one post where someone was saying thier number one job was to come home safely. Honestly, do you think those kids posed any threat to that happening. Let's be realistic. If anyone had fear of going home safely it would have been those kids considering the way the cop was acting like an animal.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
this is funny. not one minute ago was i arguing this exact same thing and a cop told me at the end of the day his job is to come home safe...

here was my reply

didn't know at the end of the day it was your job to come home safe. i always thought it was the cops job to serve and protect. to preserve life or try to preserve life at all costs. is that not true?

you get paid to what? to patrol around and arrest people all knight and just try not to get your ass shot?
maybe we need some cops that actualy WANT to do some good and not just carry a gun, make a little bread and try to come home safe...see what i am saying?
nothing against you personally but if that is the mentality of the cop, the "it's my job to get home safe" crap, then it's worse than i thought.
is there a national type mission statement by law enforcement or something?

whats the procedure for macing teen girls in their face cuase you thought you were short changed? whats the procedure for beating a kid down with your club cause he gave you the bird?

------

i think some just don't get it..

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Thanks for the interesting conversation. It is painfully obvious that you all aree better equipped then a police officer. I wish you well and I can truly say I want my husband to come home safe at night. Not sure how many can say that elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
forget it.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by madmangunradio]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Vckums, I totally understand you wanting your husband to come home safe; however the argument here is none of these kids posed any danger to these policemen, and they used excessive force that was unwarrented. I mean he even threatened to pepper spray the kid well after he was rendered helpess on the ground.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
Vckums, I totally understand you wanting your husband to come home safe; however the argument here is none of these kids posed any danger to these policemen, and they used excessive force that was unwarrented. I mean he even threatened to pepper spray the kid well after he was rendered helpess on the ground.

this is the issue here.
not armed felons. not cranked up violent pcp dudes. we are talking a few skaters. a teen at a drive through window. i'm sure that officers wife wants him home safe at night too. i wonder how she feels about him spraying a teen for something that she didn't do and if she did was an accident either way.
i'm with ya

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I came pretty close to getting maced by a security guard once at the mall. I jumped over a planter because it was really crowded and i couldn't get out of the area (it's an outdoor mall) and she grabbed me and told me to "sit the f* down." I asked what I did, she said I ran through the flowers. My girlfriend and some of her friends were with me, and told the cop i hadn't touched the flowers. I didn't even touch the mulch in the planter. Anyways, I start to walk off and she yelled at me to stop. So I stopped and turned around, and she told me that she was going to call my parents (how she would get their number I have no clue). So I just started to turn and walk off and the security guard grabbed me and stepped in front of me, so I step to the side and she pulled a can of mace on me, and sprayed it. I got a bit on my face but managed to get out of the way of most of it since I kinda knocked her aside. Some other guards showed up and weren't dicks, they take me to the control room with all the cameras and watched what happened, and then let me go with an apology. By the way, mace isn't fun. It hurts a lot.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
A little late getting to read this gem of a thread but I'm struck by the classic us vs the man argument here, where the youth are the victims of some tyrannical law that says they cannot skateboard on the sidewalk.

If you take to the sidewalks on any device not authorized to be used there you are taking the chance of being fined and/or arrested, what happened to these kids was just that. We as drivers take the risk of getting in legal trouble if we violate laws on the road, so why are these kids somehow different?

We don't know what the one being restrained on the ground did to end up there, there are plenty of possibilities however none of those matter without something concrete to back them up. The one that attempted to bolt was clearly fleeing, which is a crime in pretty much every town, city, county and state. During a tense situation like that you do not do stupid things like run, make sudden movements, etc as it will only end badly. Had they acknowledged the officer's orders (which were quite valid) then the whole thing would have been far less dramatic.

It is a shame the officers have to spend their time tossing around kids who think they are exempt from laws when they could be doing far more productive things, however if the kids had some good sense and maturity about them they wouldn't have been on the sidewalk in the first place.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
If you take to the sidewalks on any device not authorized to be used there you are taking the chance of being fined and/or arrested, what happened to these kids was just that.

We don't know what the one being restrained on the ground did to end up there, however if the kids had some good sense and maturity about them they wouldn't have been on the sidewalk in the first place.

ok, first they didn't just get fined and/or arrested. they were manhandled by the cop. did you see the girl get yoked by her neck? she didn't run. is yoking her by the neck part of the procedure.

the one kid ran yes but was he under arrest? like i have said before, the cop had one of the kids in custody, hence he was responsible for hi. he should not have gave chase. that was also a screw up.

if the cop was not a power hungry prick it wouldn't have happened either.
they would have been cited or arrested. not cranked up by the neck.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
he got booted from the LAPD because he wasn't aggressive enough with tickets although he did more ridding of crime with his slightly more intelligent and wizdomatic ways than half the guys in his department for that neighborhood.

It's obvious, there is no money in warnings. The police are just a corporation anymore, in it for the money. Not to stop or deter crime. If there were no criminals, they'd be out of jobs. Hence, sometimes they make their own criminals...i.e. skateboarding on sidewalks etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
If you take to the sidewalks on any device not authorized to be used there you are taking the chance of being fined and/or arrested, what happened to these kids was just that. We as drivers take the risk of getting in legal trouble if we violate laws on the road, so why are these kids somehow different?

I suggest watching the video. That is NOT what happened. Also, when driving your car, and getting pulled over, I guess you expect that the cop will pull you out of the car and put a strangle hold on you for speeding? NOT ME!!!!!! I know my rights (my brother's a cop remember) when it comes to being acosted by the police. What he did (and others in the videos I gathered) was WRONG plain and simple.

And for those crying "if you think all cops are a*holes" blah, blah ,blah. I haven't seen one person call all cops a*holes. Just the F*ed up ones with mental/anger control problems are the a*holes. There's plenty of good cops out there. My brother being one of them.

We don't know what the one being restrained on the ground did to end up there, there are plenty of possibilities however none of those matter without something concrete to back them up.

But we do know what happened AFTER he was restrained. He was left while the cop gave chase. Which is NOT procedure. And we do have something concrete to back that up. It's called the video.

The one that attempted to bolt was clearly fleeing, which is a crime in pretty much every town, city, county and state.

I was walking with friends at the beach once. A cop came up to us and my 2 friends took off running. The cop stopped me and asked why they ran. I said I didn't know. He made me wait there while his partner came along to see if i was the one they were looking for. I, nor my friends, fit the description and they let me go on my way. Now, if it's so illegal, then why didn't he give chase or even call for backup? Why didn't he put me in a strangle hold? If that is procedure?

During a tense situation like that you do not do stupid things like run, make sudden movements, etc as it will only end badly.

And many people have been wrongfully killed from cops. It's not always the "criminals" fault when dumb things happen.

Had they acknowledged the officer's orders (which were quite valid) then the whole thing would have been far less dramatic.

So, calling him sir and cooperating (asking questions is NOT uncooperating) was not acklowledgeing his orders?

It is a shame the officers have to spend their time tossing around kids who think they are exempt from laws when they could be doing far more productive things, however if the kids had some good sense and maturity about them they wouldn't have been on the sidewalk in the first place.

It doesn't matter WHAT the kids were doing. They could have been shooting Bambi illegally all I care. What I do care about is what is shown on the video. Of an officer, breaking procedure and running away from his suspect and then chocking a 13 year old girl and boy for trying to protect her.

Plain and simple. This officer was wrong in what he did. Can't people accept that instead of saying we are trying to say ALL cops are like this?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I suggest watching the video. That is NOT what happened. Also, when driving your car, and getting pulled over, I guess you expect that the cop will pull you out of the car and put a strangle hold on you for speeding? NOT ME!!!!!!

But we do know what happened AFTER he was restrained. He was left while the cop gave chase. Which is NOT procedure. And we do have something concrete to back that up. It's called the video.

The one that attempted to bolt was clearly fleeing, which is a crime in pretty much every town, city, county and state.

It doesn't matter WHAT the kids were doing. They could have been shooting Bambi illegally all I care. What I do care about is what is shown on the video. Of an officer, breaking procedure and running away from his suspect and then chocking a 13 year old girl and boy for trying to protect her.

Plain and simple. This officer was wrong in what he did. Can't people accept that instead of saying we are trying to say ALL cops are like this?

again, great post man....we have all acknowledged that it was in fact against city ordinace to skate on the sidewalk. that is NOT the issue. the issue is how the cop handled it....breaking the law does not warrant treatment like that from the police. that is fact.
he absolutely did break procedure and just for the record, the kid that ran away was not under arrest. now, as i and griff have stated several times but just gets glossed over, is this cop broke procedure when he gave chase. the kid he had cuffed was in HIS CUSTODY which means he is responsible for him. he should NOT have left him there to carl lewis the other kid that was not under arrest.
are we seeing a pattern here of this cop over reacting?
i'm with ya griff. anyway you slice this, IMO the cop was wrong. he broke procedure and did several things wrong. i don't care if the skaters were doing ollies over whats her face and her baby...it don't warrant being treated like that from someone that is supposed to protect and serve.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If this angers you, then you’re a normal

Oh and just in case you were interested, the officer’s name is Joey Williams, and he works for the:
Hot Springs Arkansas Police Department
Phone: (501) 321-6789
Fax: (501) 321-6708
Chief of Police, Bobby Southard
Email: [email protected]
641 Malvern Avenue,
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901

If you want your opinion about these events to be heard,
Call in and let them know how you feel.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks Black_fox. Will be calling when I get back to work. What are their procedures when someone is in custody?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
black fox you are awesome!!!!!!!! thats some really good researching. Somebody should let these police know that they aren't off the hook especially when there is this thing called technology like the internet and youtube. everything is recorded it works for the cops sometimes, more than they expected it works against them much more especially their fraternity of covering each others crimes and abuse.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
especially their fraternity of covering each others crimes and abuse.

Sorry to go off topic but you decribed the Vatican and government perfectly. Back to the cop.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You can also call

Governor Mike D. Beebe (D-AR)
Web Site: www.arkansas.gov/governor/
State Capitol, Rm. 250
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 682-2345
Fax: (501) 682-1382

Washington Office:
400 N. Capitol St., NW, Ste. 365
Washington 20001
Phone: (202) 220-1340
Fax: (202) 220-1344

MAYOR Mike Bush
Home:623-6863 Cell:617-0085

City Attorney Brian Albright 623-4023 [email protected]

Hold these people accountable for the cops actions!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
WOW that was a bit extreme I think. To be fair, those kids were acting like little jerks. One took of running which is resisting arrest. But I do think that the officer did happen to use a bit excessive force.

So heres a situation where both sides were wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
WOW that was a bit extreme I think. To be fair, those kids were acting like little jerks. One took of running which is resisting arrest. But I do think that the officer did happen to use a bit excessive force.

So heres a situation where both sides were wrong.

I agree but I don't recall the kid who ran ever being under arrest. I could be wrong though, I haven't watched it since yesterday.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join