It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop chokes 13yr. old! *must see*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Boondock78
what happened to these kids was not accountability and it is behavior like this from teh cops that give kids a bad attitude towards them...

You say that as though perhaps you have access to a video I haven't seen.

Could you post a link?

no.
i say it as a person who has seen the same video you have. i just don't have my foggy glasses on. take yours off and watch it again. listen to the audio too. really brings the whole experience together

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

i thought they acted like they would rather skate on the sidewalk rather than in the street with the death machines.

I haven't watched the video, and am not going to, as I don't really care to see it.

I just want to state that, as a mother of young children, who have almost been knocked down and run over by bikers and skaters on the sidewalk, it's called a side WALK not a side skate or a side bike. The walk is for pedestrians only.

If people want to skate, go do it in a skate park or in a half pipe in their own driveways. I almost got clipped by one of these guys on the sidewalk two days ago, while I was holding my baby, because he wasn't looking where he was going.

Stay off the sidewalks and the cops won't bother you, skaters and bikers.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Stay off the sidewalks and the cops won't bother you, skaters and bikers.

so the breaking of this heinous law(skating on the sidewalk) deserves kids to be treated this way?

oh wait, you didn't watch the video....you should. it is very short.

if kids/people only followed blindely things would be better huh?

i am a parent of a 10 year old..there are zero skate parks, pipes, anything like that around here. nothing.
my son does not skate but if he did, you can be darn sure it would be right here, on my sidewalk.
same deal with his bike.....i'd rather have my 10 year old on the sidewalk than in the street. just the way it is.

not every city has the luxery of places for children to enjoy these things...there are far worse things than skating.....if the laws in this country were enforced consistently then i would not have a problem with things like this. however, they are not

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You say that as though perhaps you have access to a video I haven't seen.

Disclaimer: Some of these videos have violence and language.

Here ya go:

www.youtube.com...

This one is definately the stupid college kids fault but the cop had no right to start beating him.

www.youtube.com...

Here's more.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Granted this kid killed a cop. But, the cops still had no right being above the law.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

And cops wonder why they have a bad rep?

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

This one makes me proud to be an American. We need this to happen a lot more. Notice how the crowd starts chanting "let them go". There is a girl screaming "that's f*ing police brutality" and there are more than one person filming the incident. this happened in LA. I guess they just got sick of the corrupt police.

www.youtube.com...

In conclusion I'd like to quote Sublime in their song "April 26th, 1992"

They said it was for the black man,
they said it was for the mexican,
and not for the white man.

But if you look at the streets it wasn't about Rodney King,
It's bout this f*ed up situation and these f*ed up police.
It's about coming up and staying on top
and screamin' 187 on a mother f*in' cop.

Remember police officers. You are here to protect and serve, not harrass and intimidate.

After doing this research, I am utterly disturbed with the way the police portray themselves.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
griff. killer post man....thanks for the vids.....off to blog

donka

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

so the breaking of this heinous law(skating on the sidewalk) deserves kids to be treated this way?

I didn't say THAT, but I did say that skaters don't belong on the sidewalk. If your kid knocked me down with my baby, you know who'd be getting sued for medical bills, right?

if kids/people only followed blindely things would be better huh?

the law is the law, if you break the law and the cops get after you, then whose fault is it? Like I said, I didn't watch the vid, not going to, not in the mood for it. I just made the point that the law says no skating on the sidewalk.

It's like the leash law, people always think THEIR dog is the exception to the rule. I hate when strange dogs come charging up to me in public and the owner says "He doesn't bite."

I don't know that. Dogs are unpredictable. Some moron was walking his pit bull off leash the other day and my daughter ran up to pet it before I could stop her. I get "He doesn't bite." I don't care. There is a leash law for a reason. There are sidewalk laws for a reason.

i am a parent of a 10 year old..there are zero skate parks, pipes, anything like that around here. nothing.
my son does not skate but if he did, you can be darn sure it would be right here, on my sidewalk.
same deal with his bike.....i'd rather have my 10 year old on the sidewalk than in the street. just the way it is.

Maybe it is "just the way it is" but if you get a ticket for your kid breaking the law, that's just the way it is too.

Suburban areas are slightly different than urban ones. In suburban areas you can get off the sidewalk onto grass if you see someone using the sidewalk improperly in many cases. I happen to have been nearly creamed in the middle of downtown, during rush hour, when there were pedestrians about and the skater was being irresponsible.

But that is why there are laws against people skating/riding on sidewalks -- because people tend to be irresponsible without boundaries. And many times, even when there are.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I didn't say THAT, but I did say that skaters don't belong on the sidewalk. If your kid knocked me down with my baby, you know who'd be getting sued for medical bills, right?still working on quotes so please bear with me....you suing me cause my kid knocked you down with your baby matters not...send me the medical bills so i can wipe my backside with em and mail them back. you and your baby are not the only ones on this rock that matter...

the law is the law, if you break the law and the cops get after you, then whose fault is it? Like I said, I didn't watch the vid, not going to, not in the mood for it. I just made the point that the law says no skating on the sidewalk. the law is the law is the law is the law...blah blah...you never break a law? never ever..i would have far less of a problem with cops that act like this if there was some resemblence of consistency in the way they handle these situations, but, there is not

It's like the leash law, people always think THEIR dog is the exception to the rule. I hate when strange dogs come charging up to me in public and the owner says "He doesn't bite."uh, yeah, me too. my dog is always on the leash

There are sidewalk laws for a reason. yeah, grass is illegal too. for a reason even. just not a very good one...something is illegal and that automatically makes it just to yoke kids up? it would be nice if you would at least watch the vid but whatever

Maybe it is "just the way it is" but if you get a ticket for your kid breaking the law, that's just the way it is too. well thanks for telling me. i know that full well. i am an adult and i take responsibility for my actions and for what i allow my child to do. that is the 'way it is

[edit on 27-6-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

sorry about the red. i don't know how to break the quotes up

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

sorry about the red. i don't know how to break the quotes up

To start a quote: Type : [quote*] Disregard the *

To end the quote: Type: [/quote*] Also disregard the *.

Then answer with regular text and the next time you want to quote, do the [quote*] [/quote*] thing again.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
griff, those vids are wild man.
i especially like the one with the cop that thought the under age girl at the fast food window short changed him..she didn't of course.
he comes in to demand money he did not give her, then he tells her she is under arrest(but why? he don't say that...i didn't hear any miranda's)..what he did was grab her headset and pull it off her head. then he kind of pinned her against the wall. she is telling him to wait for her mom or talk to the manager but NOPE..he would rather mace the crap out of her in the restaurant...

that is unreal to me man..
maced and almost arrested cause the fuzz 'thought' he gave her a 20 and he only gave her a 10.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Very mature, Boondock. Well Done.

I didn't say my baby and I were the only ones who mattered. What I was saying is that what matters is who has the right to use the sidewalk and who is breaking the law. You break the law, and the cops get after you, that's your problem, whether or not the cop used excessive force was not what I was addressing.

And your comment about wiping your butt with my medical bills is exactly why I said I'd sue -- people who think their kid is the exception to public safety laws aren't responsible enough to pay bills without going to court.

Is it possible to have a difference of opinion without getting insulting? Apparently not in your world.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

griff, those vids are wild man.
i especially like the one with the cop that thought the under age girl at the fast food window short changed him..she didn't of course.

I like the last one I posted. I think if bystanders started acting like the bystanders in that video, police brutality wouldn't happen as much. But no, people just look the other way most of the time.

For those who keep saying about riding your bikes on the sidewalk. I live in DC. Some roads have special bike lanes (when they do, I ride in the lanes). Most do not. I'm sorry that I am not going to ride my bike in the death streets. Also, I saw 2 bike police riding on the sidewalk. I took out my cell phone and took a picture of them. Now, if I get harrassed, all I have to do is pull out my cell phone.

But, be careful when pulling out your phone. I was stopped one time and asked for my ID. It was in my back pocket (my cell was clipped to my belt and it was way before everyone had a cell phone). Anyway, his partner (whom I never saw approach the car) yelled "freeze" and pulled his gun on me. He thought my cell phone was a gun. Thankfully, he didn't shoot me though. Oh, btw, I was teenager in my hometown where nothing ever happens. That's for the people who will say "the cop must have thought you were a danger". Not in my home town at least back then.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Very mature, Boondock. Well Done.

I didn't say my baby and I were the only ones who mattered. What I was saying is that what matters is who has the right to use the sidewalk and who is breaking the law. You break the law, and the cops get after you, that's your problem, whether or not the cop used excessive force was not what I was addressing.

And your comment about wiping your butt with my medical bills is exactly why I said I'd sue -- people who think their kid is the exception to public safety laws aren't responsible enough to pay bills without going to court.

Is it possible to have a difference of opinion without getting insulting? Apparently not in your world.

i know you didn't say your baby and you were the only way that mattered. i guess it's just how i took it..."if your kid hit me and my baby, i'd sue"...nice attitude on you as well.
i can say the same. it' people like you that would cause me to wipe my rear with the bill.
do you not understand that?
i didn't call you any names. i didn't attack you personally. i simply said what i would do IF you sent me medical bills..thats all.
see, i am addressing the rights to the sidewalk and excesive force and i use the video in question, the video you can not be bothered to watch as examples.
as far as laws go, and you're just going to love my opinion on this but hre goes.
i was not consulted when the laws were drafted. i do not follow certain moral codes that are the base for certain laws. i follow my own rules AND in doing that, i know full well what could happen to me and i take responsibility for my actions. i do not follow authority blindly.
i am an avid mj smoker for example(and advocate)....it IS against the law to posess it. i simply do not follow that law cause i do not agree. now, i know i am art risk of getting busted, but as i said before, it is what it is.
i know full well if my kid gets the attention of a cop while on the sidewalk on his bike, i would face a citation....i would deal with that.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You want to change laws, thats your every right. But you do it legally like everyone else does. You just don't get to decide which rules to follow based on how you feel. The laws dont say, these are laws UNLESS you don't feel like obeying them. It's law. Don't like it then get motivated, write your congressman, state senator, local city rep and try to change it.

Its nice to know there can't be a civil discussion without someones backside being mentioned.

And since you stated you're a parent, YOU are responsible for your kids actions. THey destroy property, YOU are responsible. They hurt someone, YOU are responsible. Whether you like it or not, part of the package when you have kids.

Is it safer for kids to ride on the sidewalk, probably. If it's against the law then take them where it's not such as a city park or skate park. If your area doesn't have this available to kids, then go out and seek votes to get something like this in your city. Get involved, if you don't then you got no right to complain.

I saw the video and you don't see what happens beforehand. You dont know the cop, what he was witnessing, experiencing so you cannot make a judgement on him without knowing everything.

Are all skateboarders punks? No, but the few that are punks ruin the rep for others.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
You want to change laws, thats your every right. But you do it legally like everyone else does. You just don't get to decide which rules to follow based on how you feel. And since you stated you're a parent, YOU are responsible for your kids actions. THey destroy property, YOU are responsible. They hurt someone, YOU are responsible. Whether you like it or not, part of the package when you have kids.

Is it safer for kids to ride on the sidewalk, probably.
I saw the video and you don't see what happens beforehand. You dont know the cop, what he was witnessing, experiencing so you cannot make a judgement on him without knowing everything.

first, ease up on the mentioning of the rear end....i didn't curse or swear..relax a bit.
as far as you saying you don't just get to decide which rules to follow and which ones not to, i beg to differ. that is exactly what i do....that is why i acknowledged that i realize if i get cought, i will have penalties to face...
mj is illegal. i made a choice not to follow those laws see.
everyone here breaks 'the law' and i will not for one second think otherwise....everyone here speeds, does rolling stops, j walks, drives on the phone, etc...everyone.....

thanks for the lecture on how i am responsible if my kid does something but i am pretty sure i said as much myself.
i beg to differ again on the fact that i can't make a judgement on what i saw.
i absolutely can....i saw him break procedure and i saw him get rough with the girl. them breaking 'the law' by skating on the sidewalk does not give the fuzz the right to do that...

let me add that i am a very honest person and i don't mean any offense to anyone but i DO NOT LIE....if i come off as brash, well i am brash and i am sorry. that is me though.
i'm not a real conformist and most of my opinions are not popular but i will not lie about my feelings.

please know that any angst perceived from me is not directed towards you guys....it's just me...i am an a-hole...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That's cool, Boondock, at least we aren't butting heads anymore.

I understand what you're saying about the cop using excessive force, I also understand what vckums is saying that we don't know what happened beforehand.

Cops, like the rest of us, are human, and can make mistakes. That's all I'm gonna say about it. I'm not condoning his behavior OR the kids'. Just making statements.

As far as you mentioned mj laws, here's my take on this subject:

There are laws that are actually about public safety -- skating on the sidewalk for instance.

Then there are laws based on others' morality, and protecting adults from their own actions, nanny state stuff that should be personal choice such as motorcycle helmet laws and that other one you mention.

I'm a lot more lenient on breaking nanny state laws -- an adult is an adult and what he or she does (especially in the safety of his or her own home), so long as it does not affect anyone else's health or wellbeing, is none of my business and I wouldn't get snarky about those laws being bent or broken.

It's only when a law is actually there to protect other people, such as drunk driving, that I think it is important to apply the law evenly and fairly.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
never meant to butt heads. i know cops are human but lately, more and more of this has been going on...maybe you could watch a couple of the vids that griff posted....
i know they make mistakes but sometimes these mistakes that come by way of the law kill people. sometimes they hurt people...this is not aceptable.

as far as nanny state laws.
that is debatable...i didn't want to get this off on an mj topic although i would be glad to get into a discussion about that...direct me to the forum as i can't navigate this place.

i also said i understand the laws against cycling or skating on the sidewalk. i never said it shouldn't be illegal. like many have said, it takes but a few to ruin it for many. that said, my son will still cycle on the sidewalk and not the street.
what i am getting at is this cop could have and should have handled it differently. i am not saying those kids should not have been cited, taken to the station and the parents called, whatever.
what they did not deserve was to be treated that way by the cop. the girl did not deserve to get yoked up and to get technical again, that cop left a 'suspect in custody' to give chase to the other kid...i know this is against procedure but i wonder if that is against the law.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yeah griff that last video hit home for me. See those same LAPD Hollywood Division bicycle cops also shot a 65 year old imaciated homeless woman because she was carrying a screwdriver. screwdrivers are dangerous in the hands of healthy person, not a threat worthy, which they did, of shotting her several times, since she is 65 immaciated, and homeless. oh yeah they were harassing her over her shopping cart.

good old LAPD. THat was filmed maybe 50 feet away from the chinese theater on hollywood blvd. whats amazing is how undisciplined and scared cops really are when they threaten to assult passerbys and meer observers out of being so insecure and skittish.
Normal healthy sane humans don't do that. but cops do. I'm certain most cops are mentaly ill. sorry cops. and I know a bunch of mentaly healthy ones, but I have to admit that all the ones that are sane are all women on the force.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i don't want an excessive quote so i will just say

great post player of the bass

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR I'm certain most cops are mentaly ill.

Thats too funny! Coming from someone on a site such as this where aliens, UFO's and whatnot are talked about.

How do you know his force was againt procedure? Do you have the police officers GO's for that city?

Also, do you know what kind of background and testing they do for one to become a police officer? I seriously doubt you do. I've seen what testing goes on when someone applies, for many counties and cities. They just don't hand a gun to anyone and go here ya go buddy fire away. It takes months and months of background, psych and physical testing to even send you to the academy.

I hope that anyone who thinks all police officers are "a-holes" and mistreat people don't ever have a need to call 911. Cause that so called "a-hole" just may save your butt. Too bad the police officers can't be warned ahead of time.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
well sorry to disappoint you but I have a few friends that are currently with the LAPD. yes I know what they go through to become cops. visited them when they would get out from the academy, which is like boot camp.

Saw them lie right through their lie detector test, saw them cheat (yes you can fool the LAPD screener with mail order kits) urine drug tests.

the only thing they didn't cheat were their criminal records which they didn't have, although all of their friends have em. No the back ground check isn't that insane nor impossible.

you do know that they reject you if during the psychological screening you answer certain moral or ethical questions in the way they don't like. If they deem you too friendly, "soft" or just don't think from your answers that you'll be handing out more warnings than tickets you get dumped from the program. so yes they do look for a certain type when they do the screenings. people that are easy to train to uphold the law as blindly as possible, and who will follow the "ideals" of the police force. not free thinkers or idealists who are actually trying to fix the community. It takes a certain type to be the cop they want. thats what they screen for. they don't care if you're insecure, someone who used to get bullied in their childhood and has adult control issues etc...thats why lots of cops loose it and go berserk. they also have entire systems set up in the police dept as damage control to cover this sort of reality up.

Interesting story. My high school teacher. quit being a teacher and joined the LAPD. He was beloved at the school by both the staff faculty students and alumni. Went through the academy graduated with honors or whatever. did well for the first 6 months or so on the force. The people in the neighborhood all knew him and liked him. and his Sr Officers. having worked hard to gain the public trust of the community. he knew what was going on in the community, knew how to fix the problems. doing real social communal work for the neighborhood. Cleaned up the place pretty nice too. Everybody on the police force that worked with him liked him. his immediate superiors gave him postitive fit reps.

gets called into the head chief for the departments office one day and is told that "maybe police work isn't the best occupation for you. you have written more warnings than actual tickets and that concerns us. If I were you I would strongly start looking for a new job" scary. he got booted from the LAPD because he wasn't aggressive enough with tickets although he did more ridding of crime with his slightly more intelligent and wizdomatic ways than half the guys in his department for that neighborhood.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join