It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop chokes 13yr. old! *must see*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think that the cop just let the situation and his temper escalate to the point of no return. I would hate to judge the man based on one event.:shk:

And on that note...I sure hope he likes working mall security, cause thats where he's headed.....If he's lucky

Maybe Taco bell is hiring?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Depends on the GO's his department has. I can't say for sure what his city allows, but my husbands states that they are allowed to use a reasonable amount of force. Can't really say how much is too much, you have to determine what is reasonable on each situation.
I showed my husband this thread and the video. His view is the same, you can't see what happened before the officer had the kid on the ground. You don't know the circumstances that led the officer to do this. He also says don't judge someone on age alone, as he's had calls where there was a shooting and the suspect was a 10yr old kid.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yeah yeah u cant skate on sidewalks..but still no need to use excessive force on this person. jesus christ. just sooo unwanted. im gonna speak to my teacher about this issue tmorrow. makes me kinda embarassed ima criminal justice major..funny we're learning about police ethics right now too.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Woah, Just for skateboarding!
That cop must have had a bad day.

In the 3rd minute till the end, when the kid puts the camera down, you hear the cops voice, now listen to him again but think "Will Ferrell".
I could imagine him playing this guy in a movie.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Skateboarders act like little animals here in Albuquerque, storming through my apartment complex, riding like fools in parking lots and on sidewalks.

I almost hit one with my car a few days ago when he rode in front of me as I was attempting to enter traffic and then he almost got hit by a another motorist, because he was cursing at me instead of looking where he was going.

A kid on a skateboard does not own the world and considering the how vulnerable skateboarders are in traffic, it would behoove those who wish to survive to adulthood to develop some common sense.

Skateboarding is not a criminal act, but too many skateboarders act like criminals, so I'm not very sympathetic to the cause.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mouth open

Outrageous...

There are real crims out walking the streets pushing drugs and yet, the police arrests kids riding a skateboard?????

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
just another display of a cop going off the deep end.
i like how in other threads people are saying these kids were little punks and they 'all' ran away from the cops and such.

that is not what happened at all. 1 kid ran and the cop gave chase carl lewis style. mind you, that was after he cuffed the one kid and had him on the ground. after the cop cuffs you, you are in their 'custody'...the cop broke procedure by leaving the kid cuffed while he runs around like a maniac after the other kid.
it's not hard to tell by the tone of this cops voice that he was a jerk and over reacting..the other cop was not yoking kids by their neck. he was simply holding the kid by his shirt...
the kids were asking questions and calling him sir...he was just acting like a prick.

late in the video, the cops leg is bleeding and he says to the cuffed kid "see that, thats battery"..and the kid says "you didn't have to tackle me".

so, cop tackles kid, cop gets ckinned knee, cop threatens battery charges. he also threatened to mace the kid if he didn't shut up.
whats that all about? the kid was cuffed. he was not fighting.

you have the right to remain silent but you do not have to. i didn't know that not remaining silent warrants a possible race full of mace.

cops are getting out of control.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

A kid on a skateboard does not own the world and considering the how vulnerable skateboarders are in traffic, it would behoove those who wish to survive to adulthood to develop some common sense.

pedestrians and people in automobiles do not own the world either.
yeah, kids can be jerks on boards. so can kids on roller blades or those kids with those new types of shoes that have wheels tucked into them. so can parents pushing little kids in strollers.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
All I have to say is:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
just another display of a cop going off the deep end.

The video conveniently begins after the kid is on the ground being restrained by the police, so we don't see why the kid is being treated this way.

Could it be that he broke the law and needed to be restrained so that he could be arrested?

Naw! He's got a skateboard. He can get away with anything.

Stupid cops.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The video conveniently begins after the kid is on the ground being restrained by the police, so we don't see why the kid is being treated this way.

And yet, conveniently, we see how he addresses the situation afterwards. Which is by being a total prick. The kid who got cuffed could have also been a prick but after he is cuffed, the officer (and I use the term loosely) did NOT have to continue being a prick.

Could it be that he broke the law and needed to be restrained so that he could be arrested?

Could be. But, does he need to arrest the onlookers who are just asking him questions? A big resounding NO!!!!!!!!!

NAW!!! He's got a badge and a gun. He can get away with anything.

Stupid cops.

Well, you got one thing right. If the cops want to stop people from hating them, this sort of violence needs to be curbed. Because, anymore it's them against us. When it should be to "protect and serve" us. Cops forget that we pay their salary and they are here to protect and serve us, not harrass us. Period.

BTW, my brother is a cop. A corrections officer actually. And I'd say these things to his face (and have).

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Skateboarders act like little animals here in Albuquerque, storming through my apartment complex, riding like fools in parking lots and on sidewalks.

Well, Most Senior Citizens out here can't drive, as a matter of fact a few years back , one of them plowed into a farmers market and killed many people. His excuse.. "I got the brake and accelerator confused". Should I make the assumption that since you are older, you can't drive and should have your license revoked?

skateboarding is not a criminal act, but too many skateboarders act like criminals, so I'm not very sympathetic to the cause.

Yeah, your right. I'll make sure the DMV contacts you asap

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Most Senior Citizens out here can't drive...

I'm 57. I've been driving since I was 15. I'd put my driving skills up against anyone's, including yours.

Skateboaders have the reputation they have because of their irresponsible behavior.

It's made all the worse by making baseless claims that, after all, skateboarding is not a crime.

Neither is driving a car, but if some guy can't remember which pedal does what and kills someone, then he deserves punishment, just like the man you cite, although, because he's on his deathbed he won't go to jail.

The difference is that adult driver's are responsilbe for their actions behind the wheel.

For kids, skateboarding on public sidewalks is a good place to learn a few lessons in responsibility and if they break the law and resist arrest, a few lessons in non-lethal restraint techniques.

[edit on 2007/6/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Skateboaders have the reputation they have because of their irresponsible behavior.

I see my logic is lost on you. Nevermind.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

I see my logic is lost on you. Nevermind.

Your logic is flawed.

I haven't made the case that skateboarding should be outlawed because kids with skateboards think they own the world.

I'm saying that those skateboarders who break the law should be held accountable, which is what we do with adults who drive cars, regardless of their age.

You should read a book or two on logic.

Also, you assume that the cop was unjustified in his use of force when the video is obviously edited to obscure the preceding events.

Is that logical, oh wise one?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
actually my logic is that you shouldn't judge all based on some.

Sorry if you see that as flawed.

I doubt I'm alone.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Stupid cops.

and that has what to do with the girl getting yoked by her neck? it has what to do with breaking procedure and leaving the kid cuffed on the ground to do a carl lewis after the ONE evil skater that ran?
it has what to do with the cop threatening to mace him if he does not be quiet?
power trippin cop.
i never doubted the kids 'broke the law', the huge crime of skating in teh sidewalk....what i said was this prick cop appears to have over reacted to me, and i stand by that...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

and cops are quickly getting the reputation of being power hungry pricks because of instances like this one....
how would you feel if it was your daughter in that video that got snatched up by her neck?

clearly this guy is going off the deep end. the kids are asking questions and calling him sir and he is acting like a little baby...the other cop was not yoking kids up. the other cop grabed the one kid by the tip of the shirt. how come he could hold it together?
you can't hear it in his voice? his attitude?

after he sits the kid down, the girl says something and he cops his baby attitude with the "ok, you're under arrest too", then promptly yokes her by her neck.....

meh.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I haven't made the case that skateboarding should be outlawed because kids with skateboards think they own the world.

I'm saying that those skateboarders who break the law should be held accountable, which is what we do with adults who drive cars, regardless of their age.

skaters seem to act like they own the world? hmmm, i thought they acted like they would rather skate on the sidewalk rather than in the street with the death machines.

as to your skaters who break the law should be held acountable...you are correct. what happened to these kids was not accountability and it is behavior like this from teh cops that give kids a bad attitude towards them...

frank zappa: the united states is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly enforced.

^^^^^^^truth

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
what happened to these kids was not accountability and it is behavior like this from teh cops that give kids a bad attitude towards them...

You say that as though perhaps you have access to a video I haven't seen.

Could you post a link?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join