It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Rules for Cleaners In $54 Million Pants Suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Court Rules for Cleaners In $54 Million Pants Suit

www.washingtonpost.com

The D.C. administrative law judge who sued his neighborhood dry cleaners for $54 million over a pair of lost pants found out yesterday what he's going to get.

Nothing.

Hardly a surprise, the verdict was nonetheless a media spectacle of the first order.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com
www.oregonlive.com
news.yahoo.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This guy tried to make millions over a pair of missing pants and is getting just what he deserves!!!

The whole suit itself was only worth $1,000 and the dry cleaner offered him money to settle this problem out of court, all the way up to $12,000, and he wouldn't accept it. He was even asking for money for a rental car he said he had to rent to drive to a different dry cleaner.

It's these kind of frivolous, outlandish lawsuits that waste the tax payers money, causes insurance premiums to go up (the businesses liability insurance, if he had won) and just wastes all of the people's time who had to be involved in this case.

Now they say he might lose he job as an administrative law judge. Who would want a person who does something like this to be working in their local government judicial system?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/6/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I really think that the judge agreed to hear this case just to make an example of it and to get amusement out of the lawyer's ridiculous argument. There is no way it would have ruled in favor of anyone but the defendants.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

...$54 Million Pants Suit

A $54 million pant suit! That has to be one sharp looking pant suit. But, aren't those for girls?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ha! Great, I've followed this story for quite a while now and this is how I imagined it might turn out.

This judge shouldn't be a judge. He isn't even fit to work in a dry cleaners in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his job.

The owners of the dry cleaners must be having one heck of a celebration after this fiasco and must be extremely relieved it's all over.

What kind of person goes to such exaggerated lengths over a pair of trousers?

Hate to say this, but "only in America".

Nice one.

new topics

top topics

join