It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeletons of Inca-people found in Norway. How and Why...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As earlier stated. Though very vaguely stated, I did not want to assume anything. (But of course, one allways assume when Interest is gained from one theme, and one theme alone). I just felt that this should be posted on ATS. I placed it of course under the wrong forum thread. (there you have it.. I assumed thought I did not want too). But thank you guys very much for all the inspiring thoughts and info. There's actually much infromation and knowledge in this forum, though some manishes not too see it. It is probably a perfectly reasonably explenation for this story, as well as most stories and mysteries. If anything "new" happens, I will certainly post it right away (though I doubt it, as earlier explained why). And if some different topics pop up, I will post if interesting enough.

Oh.. And if anybody need info about Norway, or the language, (probably not) don't hesitate too ask me

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If the DNA researchers are right there has been 4 migrations into the North American Continent by modern humans. The oldest happened some 20-40,000 years ago. They came up with this figure due to genetic drift markers which show links to humans living in Western Europe during those time periods. These aren't the folks living there right now. If the researchers are correct, the Americas have actually been permanently occupied by the same people longer than the British Isles has been by its current residents.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Nice one Sakif! Nice to see other norwegians here too

Maybe these inca people where kidnapped by the vikings and brought back to Norway as slaves or something ?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-3

Originally posted by Marduk

Originally posted by Sakif
Actually... The Vikings actually discovered the American Continent long before Columbus did. This has been proven a fact.

well the indians discovered it about 12,000 years earlier than the Vikings
this is also a fact
so its not too hard to accept what youre saying

Where did the Indians (red) came from?
Don't tell me it is from India!

So, ok, you are trying to change the history, the American Indian was a visitor some 12,000 years ago.
Are you trying to say the real owner of America is British?
When did you ancestor first time came to England? They were not the real British, were they? They were just visitors.

Who were these VISITORS ACTUALLY ARE? Aliens?

The joke's on you pal. Do you really not know that the establishment thinking on the origin of Native Americans has, for the past umpteen umpteen years, been that they were descended from people who migrated from Asia, across a land bridge that spanned the Bering Strait towards the end of the last Ice Age, approximately 10 to 12,000 years ago? The theory has certainly been questioned, but it's still the main one AFAIK.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Jericho-X: Hello to you as well
Where in Norway do you come from?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sakif
Jericho-X: Hello to you as well
Where in Norway do you come from?

Askøy, closest island to Bergen
Tha Westcoast, aaaight!

[edit on 26/6/07 by Jericho-X]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I actually live in Florvag on this island! ever heard of the great viking battle there ? It happened about 1000 years ago. I live right in the bay where it was
Kinda cool to think about

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've had a theory for years about the "Winged serpent" of central american folk lore.
Quetzalcoatl or the winged serpent of legend was a tall, red-haired, bearded man who came from the sea with some followers and taught the native americans law, agriculture and medicine.

If you take the description of tall men with wings on their heads, a vessel with a serpent carved into its prow and mix it up over hundreds of years of oral story telling, a winged serpent would not be too far from the original. Quetzalcoatl left saying that he would return.

My theory says that vikings explored a lot more of the americas than conventional science admits. It seems logical to me that native americans would only be too glad to voyage with the god Quetzalcoatl and that they would eventually end up back in the Vikings' home land. This discovery of native american skeletons makes me more certain that Quetzalcoatl was a viking.

BTW. The accepted original inhabitants of the americas (asiatic peoples) are actually the second inhabitants of south america. The original inhabitants were a people similar to the second and third migrations of indigenous Australians. The asiatic people killed out most of the original south americans and drove the rest across the water to the islands of tierra del fuego. Unfortunately the very last two (maiden sisters) have now died and so the original south americans have gone into history. The Ainu of northern Japan are also originally from the same region of the sub-continent.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here's a link to the studies about the human migration into North America.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Modern archeologists and historians have a vested interest in keeping the truth about how well our ancestors moved around the Earth. The Western Hemisphere wasn't discovered by Colombus, The Vikings or the Chinese. It was discovered by primitive tribesman thousands of years earlier that came from Asia, Europe and Polynesia.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippichick
I've had a theory for years about the "Winged serpent" of central american folk lore.
Quetzalcoatl or the winged serpent of legend was a tall, red-haired, bearded man who came from the sea with some followers and taught the native americans law, agriculture and medicine.

If you take the description of tall men with wings on their heads, a vessel with a serpent carved into its prow and mix it up over hundreds of years of oral story telling, a winged serpent would not be too far from the original. Quetzalcoatl left saying that he would return.

My theory says that vikings explored a lot more of the americas than conventional science admits. It seems logical to me that native americans would only be too glad to voyage with the god Quetzalcoatl and that they would eventually end up back in the Vikings' home land. This discovery of native american skeletons makes me more certain that Quetzalcoatl was a viking.

BTW. The accepted original inhabitants of the americas (asiatic peoples) are actually the second inhabitants of south america. The original inhabitants were a people similar to the second and third migrations of indigenous Australians. The asiatic people killed out most of the original south americans and drove the rest across the water to the islands of tierra del fuego. Unfortunately the very last two (maiden sisters) have now died and so the original south americans have gone into history. The Ainu of northern Japan are also originally from the same region of the sub-continent.

ok there are several things wrong with your theory
firstly Quetzlcoatl was never described as a white man
he was never described as having red hair
these are images of him from native codices

evidence of his worship exists for over 3000 years which places him way,way earlier than the viking period by about 1700 years
he was not said to have arrived on a serpent raft only to have left on one
the Tierra Del Fuegans arribed in S America from the south not the North
these are not conformed Native American skeletons
the type of bone that is being described is also present in about 3 % of all Caucasoid, Asian and African peoples
from the sound of things you've pieced this together from the work of Thor Heyerdhal, Graham Hancock and a Discovery channel program about the Tierra Del Fuegans and a bunch of other pseudohistory which is if you think about it quite racist as it leads you to believe that without the great God Quetzlcoatl the Native American peoples would not have attained civilisation on their own

you should always always consider the source
and of course
keep reading
I reccomend you start with this
www.skeptic.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I read about it earlier today on VG.no and dagbladet.no

I live about an hour or so away from where these bones were found. Might just go take a look at the "grave" myself just for fun.

Takker sakif =)

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There was probably another cycle like the one coming up on 2012 when the earth flipped and poles shifted and everyone ended up on the flip side of everything. Up was down and down was up.

Could be.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippichick

That's actually a fairly suspect interpretation (though it's one often seen.) Wikipedia has a bit on it, and I should also add that some of this comes from the various books written by the Spanish priests... who wanted to prove to the Aztecs and other conquered people that the Christian god was really foretold by their own gods:
en.wikipedia.org...

Quetzalcoatl predates the Vikings by at least 5,000 years. There are old rock carvings here in Texas of the feathered serpent up in Hueco Tanks that are quite old.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
There was probably another cycle like the one coming up on 2012 when the earth flipped and poles shifted and everyone ended up on the flip side of everything. Up was down and down was up.

Could be.

ARGH!!

Go to your room!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Why did so many of the ancient peoples of the world have out of time knowledge about astronomy like Sirius being a double star, the solar sytem having more than the 5 visible planets and other recently astronomical discoveries? They knew of astronomical cycles that are longer than all of known human history or written language. How did they make these discoveries when we're told the average human life span was only 30-40 years and folks had trouble just getting enough food to eat to survive on a daily basis?
IMHO there's something very wrong with the historical theory being presented to us by modern historians.

The ancients also performed civil engineering feats with a precision that we still can't duplicate with all out modern equipment. It doesn't take a doctorate in ancient studies to see the serious flaws in the present theories of the past history of human occupation of this planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
Why did so many of the ancient peoples of the world have out of time knowledge about astronomy like Sirius being a double star, the solar sytem having more than the 5 visible planets and other recently astronomical discoveries?

the simple answer ?
they didn't !!!
from Mesopotamia to Mesoamerica they only knew of five planets
the sirius double star was taught to the Dogon by the same missionary who revealed it to the west (bit suspicious don't you think him being an amateur astronomer)
problem with your speculation is that you accept without question what you want to believe
you haven't considered the possibility that the source in each case is passing on that knowledge to you because you just purchased his latest book

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by dgtempe

Could be.

ARGH!!

Go to your room!!!
OK.
Even I didnt beleive my own post!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why is that so many fundamentalist skeptics always so quick to attack anythings that contradicts the established theory of history ? The history that is given to us about ancient civilizations are just theory and not scientific fact. It is very loosely supported by anecdotal evidence that is just as every bit as extremely subjective as Sitchin's, Von Daaniken's or Heyerdahl's theories. Graham Hancock is right, the human race has huge case of amnesia and there's way too much contradictory evidence to support other theories than the one being used to indoctrinate us by mainstream academia. Academia whose just as contradictory with itself as it with its alternatives.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Why did so many of the ancient peoples of the world have out of time knowledge about astronomy like Sirius being a double star, the solar sytem having more than the 5 visible planets and other recently astronomical discoveries?

Serious answer: They didn't.

If you check the names of the planets for these ancient civilizations, you will discover that they only named the visible planets.. the ones through Saturn. Most of them couldn't predict cycles. "Nibiru" is a "throne name" (nickname) for the god, Marduk, and is not associated with a planet.

The idea that the Dogon knew Sirius was a doublestar is one of the great anthropological frauds of the 1900's. A check of their recorded myths shows that there was no such belief.

IMHO there's something very wrong with the historical theory being presented to us by modern historians.

You might want to check the evidence more carefully.

The ancients also performed civil engineering feats with a precision that we still can't duplicate with all out modern equipment.

Erm, no. What we can't duplicate are those things with their tools because those tools no longer exist. In fact, we can do things a lot better with modern machinery than they can (polish gemstones, for example. Make straight edged blocks.)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Why is that so many fundamentalist skeptics always so quick to attack anythings that contradicts the established theory of history ?

because the claims you are talking about are not based on the facts
they are based on science fiction and over active imaginations

The history that is given to us about ancient civilizations are just theory and not scientific fact.

no its based on solid evidence and supported both textually and archaeologically

It is very loosely supported by anecdotal evidence that is just as every bit as extremely subjective as Sitchin's, Von Daaniken's or Heyerdahl's theories.

Sitchin and Von Danikes theories are not supported by any evidence
further to that it has been proven time and time again that most of their claims are completely fabricated and designed as fodder for people of low intelligence who don't know a thing about the subject matter

Graham Hancock is right, the human race has huge case of amnesia and there's way too much contradictory evidence to support other theories than the one being used to indoctrinate us by mainstream academia. Academia whose just as contradictory with itself as it with its alternatives.

Graham Hancock has also been proven to fabricate his evidence
most of his claims don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny and he himself is a self confessed "Anarchist who despises hierarchies and power structures"
www.grahamhancock.com...
he doesn't seem to mind the hierarchy and power structure of his bank account though that he fills with idiots money
thats not the only contradiction you'll find with him, you just have to compare his claims with the facts
the fact that his latest book is about his psychedelic drug taking experiences also seems lost on most of his fans

its no surprise that any of these authors have received no support whatever from anyone qualified to judge
so you have to consider

either these three authors are writing books based on fabrications and lies or every single archaeologist, anthropologist and historian in human history have conspired together to hide the truth about human history

occhams razor ?

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Marduk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join