It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell about your experience when you excepted Jesus Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You cannot understand anything if you do not try to listen

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
You cannot understand anything if you do not try to listen

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

Originally posted by shihulud
The flaw in that you cannot use a subjective experience as proof of a god never mind proof that its your deity of choice.

You want me to use a subjective experience as proof for God? What about speaking in tongues?
What about speaking in tongues? - no evidence to suggest that it is a divinely controlled experience other than the subjectivity of the particpants, also whats the point of it?, what does speaking in tongues actually achieve?

What about medical miracles?
Again no evidence to implicate a divinely controlled experience other than subjectivity.

What about visions?
Hallucinations or something similar.

What about the fact that the disciples of Jesus Christ all suffered horrendous tortures and deaths (being skinned alive, dragged to death, beheaded, crucified upside down, intestines pulled out with a chain, etc.) but never once denied the story of Jesus Christ or admitted to making it up even when given the chance to?
No evidence of most of these so called disciples existed, plus even according to the bible the didn't all die horrible deaths.

These are all very powerful, subjective experiences that people have had which proves without a reasonable doubt that God is real.
No it doesn't. that is your assumption.

Proof that it is my deity of choice? I don't quite understand, did you mean "Proof that it should be the deity of choice"? Because I can give you a boatload of reasons why.
What I meant was how could you determine whether the deity was jehovah or allah or mengi chief elder of the beer elves, other than your predetermination of religion.

G

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Please stay on the given topic Tell about your experience when you excepted Jesus Christ. If you don't have an experience, or don't wish to talk about another's experience, then don't click the "Post Reply" button. I hope that's clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join