It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell about your experience when you excepted Jesus Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If you have repented for your sins and have excepted Jesus Christ as your savior I would like you to show your love and post what happen and how you felt after giving your life to the one true Son of God.

My story is kind of strange to me. I thought I was saved for many years but wondered why I never felt any different or any warm feeling inside. Then one day I realized while I was sitting up in my room reading the bible that I never truly was saved. When you truly take God there is no mistaking it. When I asked God into my like that night I felt a difference in my soul. I try to live for God now and work on getting better everyday.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
How do you know it was god you asked into your life? and how do you know that it was the god that you think exists that you asked into your life.

Absolute nonsense!! - just some notion came over you that god and jesus are real and that made you feel warm and fuzzy - and thats your basis for a religious lifestyle.

I'll stick to real life thank you - not some mad notion on the existence of the 'divine'.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
When I asked God into my like that night I felt a difference in my soul. I try to live for God now and work on getting better everyday.

That's fantastic! You know I grew up going to church all my life and knew all the stories in the Bible, sang the songs in the hymnal, and prayed when the pastor did. One day however I realized that something was missing. I wasn't making it personal to me. I was only 9 years old at the time, but I still remember it to this very day. I didn't see any flashes of lightining or hear a voice from Heaven, but I knew that something wonderful happened. It's really hard to describe exactly what it's like but you understand if you've been there.

I think that it says a lot that you were reading the Bible when you felt the need to surrender your will to Christ. If you actually read it with the intent of understanding you can't help but to see the power of Christ. I just finished reading John and this came to mind.

John 5:24
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Keep reading the Bible, praying and believing.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sure I'd be glad to share about the Lord! I will say first off I'm not a "churchy" person as far as thinking a building is required to know God. I have been around those that will condemn you if you don't go to a building, and this is wrong. Jesus said wherever two or three gathered in His name, He's there. Find a few wonderful God-loving friends, drink coffee together, and bring your Bibles and chat about the Lord.

There are admittedly problems in Christianity, which is what I believe causes many of the extreme reactions and negativity about God. There are too many "holier than thou" types, hypocrites, those quick to accuse, those that are in reality worshipping a dollar bill instead of the God they talk about... those that look down on others that are not like them. People that do this stuff, they are a bad reflection on God.... because others that don't know God, they look at all these things, and they figure God must be like that too. So they don't want to know Him, because what they see is just like the rest of the world, no difference, why bother, etc. To them I want to say, it's not about buildings, denominations, or this group/that group, this clique or that clique. It's about God and your heart being in sync with His, in my opinion. Simple as that.

It's summed very simply and beautifully in the commands Jesus gave us: Mark 12:29-31 (New King James Version): Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

No other greater commandment... did you catch that? So why do we make things so hard? I think because we try to make it more about us than we do about Him.

My faith is very personal and close to my heart. I worship God wherever I am, daily. He is always close to me. I can truly say that my life has not been the same since I accepted Jesus, and that was back 15 years ago. I have seen things work out when there was literally *no possible way* I could see. True they didn't always work out how *I* thought they should! HA But... somehow they always worked out for the best, even if I couldn't see it at the time. He has always "got my back" so to speak... I know that He's there, I know I can trust Him, in good times and bad - somehow things are always okay. Like a song says "God will make a way" - the song talks about rivers in the desert and roadways even in the wilderness... and yes. He does make a way. Psalm 145:20 says that if you love Him, He will preserve you. Period end of story! I believe that and have seen it to be true in my life... every day I see it and solemny testity to that fact. I know my Daddy God loves me, and that is how I think of Him.

I can't explain why bad things happen in this world... I sure don't have all the answers. All I can bear testimony to is my own life, that I know He's there. All I can tell you is how grateful I am that He is in my life... holds up my arms... watches my back... and lives in my heart.

And that is my experience with God.
Thanks for starting this thread! *two thumbs up*

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing everyone. Hopefully others wont be afraid to share how God came into their lives; you know it is funny how you really cant describe what happens, but there is a feeling you get.

Please leave negative comments out of this forum thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
For me, it was witnessing the holy spirit and people speaking in tongues. And all of the miracles that occurred in my church (mostly medical, but one time a snake burst into flames, not kidding).

It pretty much began when I first attended church 4 years ago, then it snowballed when I began studying on my own and reading up on the life of Jesus and his disciples....Powerful stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i have never seen anything like that my brother couldnt speak tounges but oneday just started to amazing

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
Please leave negative comments out of this forum thank you.

What? Cant stand constructive criticism? This is a forum for debate - not just for you and your religionite friends to pat each others backs on how super you think jesus and christianity is.

Thanks for sharing everyone. Hopefully others wont be afraid to share how God came into their lives; you know it is funny how you really cant describe what happens, but there is a feeling you get.
And this feeling is totally SUBJECTIVE and cannot be used to prove the existance of any deity. Plus I say again - How can you determine that it is not just a god but your god?

G

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
What? Cant stand constructive criticism? This is a forum for debate - not just for you and your religionite friends to pat each others backs on how super you think jesus and christianity is.

First of all, what you "provided" was hardly constructive criticism. It was just more of what you're best at, god-bashing foolishness.

Second of all, do you see anyone patting each other on the back? We're just sharing the experiences that lead us to our shared ideologies, is that so bad?

Third of all, its Mrknighttime's thread and if he wants you to keep your peace then you should either be nice or leave.

And in case I angered the Mods with what I said,

[edit on 6/27/2007 by TheB1ueSoldier]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
it was me the first time iv never been bad or evil person when i thought i took HIM in the first time ifelt nothing when i recieved him truelly i felt the change in me i was not me anymore

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
no its ok god brought u here for a reason we did not meet by mistake ask what you will my friend

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

First of all, what you "provided" was hardly constructive criticism. It was just more of what you're best at, god-bashing foolishness.
Never once did I 'bash god', only your reasons for coming to the decision that it was your god/ a god that was the cause of your experiences

Second of all, do you see anyone patting each other on the back? We're just sharing the experiences that lead us to our shared ideologies, is that so bad?
Not at all - I couldnt care less what you believe , just pointing out the huge flaw in your reasoning.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'd have to say it was when he defeated the Romans through the cunning use of lasers and small arms fire.

Me and just ain't just tight, we be ziplock.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Mr. Knight (sorry I forget your name). I want to try an experiment. Can you watch Zeitgeist Part 1, and later still post your opinion? I'm not bashing religion or anything, I just want to see if that short clip can change your opinion. It changed mine. (You can find Zeitgeist Part 1 on Youtube)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Not at all - I couldnt care less what you believe , just pointing out the huge flaw in your reasoning.

And what would that huge flaw be?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartapo
Mr. Knight (sorry I forget your name). I want to try an experiment. Can you watch Zeitgeist Part 1, and later still post your opinion? I'm not bashing religion or anything, I just want to see if that short clip can change your opinion. It changed mine. (You can find Zeitgeist Part 1 on Youtube)

I actually have already watched the video the whole thing about 911 and all of that. I also read alot books about how the bible is fiction and how all religion is wrong. I dont mind reading these books i find them very interesting. I found that video very interesting. I am very strong in my faith and if a couple of things could change my mind that quickly then I do not deserve to be one of Gods children I dont deserve His great mercy anyway, but thats a whole other story. I saddened that your mind was change so quickly because someone put alot of thing together and made them seem like it made alot of sense. Im no hypocrite people have the right to change their mind and believe what they want. I pray that your faith is restored and that you become stronger in it. Because there truly is only one way to the Father and that is through the Son. I also came to another conclusion about the video and how it talks about how Jesus story is the same as others and really is a story about the sun and it dieing for three days the raising back up. Man might have come up with that story long ago. Lets be real the reason we are where we are today is not because the world has shown alot of faith in God. There have always been false religions. I do think that the reason Jesus story fits so much with others was to show that these made up stories that people had come up with and these miracles that were performed by their fiction characters could actually be done only through God and Jesus showed that he was master over all the stories because he came for real and performed many of these things. My point my friend is that it all depends on who is looking at what and what is their motive. Always think about that before you make up your mind. If you are a reasonable person and just think about if you didnt really believe in God,but lived the way God asks think of how perfect the world would be.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Me and just ain't just tight, we be ziplock.

Yo, Booyahkahshah aiight?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The flaw is what everyone is born with. Spiritual blindness.

Those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. See and hear. Those who are outside as we all once were, have their own reasoning, yet lack the one living in them who bears witness and guides us into all truth. If he isn't in there, his things cannot be accessed. There are quite a few who have head knowledge about him, know his recorded word, but don't have the word (John 5:38-40). There is a big difference.

They find it to be really brain bashing to see how we have reasoning. Yet when it comes to the things of GOD to them they are complete foolishness. It's why debate doesn't work. Both parties end up walking away in the same state they were in to begin with. Minus the time wasted.

Debate could work if the blind party was given ears to hear in the midst of it. All things are possible.

We are to state the truth and that's it. Those who have ears to hear will hear and be healed. The grounds of debate is a trap the enemy uses to steal one's energy and joy. Want to know who the enemy is? State a simple truth of GOD and they will flock to it instantly. They are so predictable it's incredible.

Anyway, here's a link to my story:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The flaw in that you cannot use a subjective experience as proof of a god never mind proof that its your deity of choice.

G

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The flaw in that you cannot use a subjective experience as proof of a god never mind proof that its your deity of choice.

You want me to use a subjective experience as proof for God? What about speaking in tongues? What about medical miracles? What about visions? What about the fact that the disciples of Jesus Christ all suffered horrendous tortures and deaths (being skinned alive, dragged to death, beheaded, crucified upside down, intestines pulled out with a chain, etc.) but never once denied the story of Jesus Christ or admitted to making it up even when given the chance to? These are all very powerful, subjective experiences that people have had which proves without a reasonable doubt that God is real.

Proof that it is my deity of choice? I don't quite understand, did you mean "Proof that it should be the deity of choice"? Because I can give you a boatload of reasons why.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join