It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are militias legal ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I found this article tonight while searching
across the web.
Am i reading this correctly?
I got the meaning to be that militia membership
was not only legal but encouraged according to
this code.
Fellow members please post your opinions
and maybe we can all learn something useful
to stop the demonizing of militia groups.

uscode.house.gov...

www.keepandbeararms.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Found another link that gives references to
laws concerning militias in some states.

www.adl.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A well regulated one...whatever the hell that is.........But yes they are legal and most states have at least 1. I think that with the National Guard idea, they were trying to merge the weekend warrior idea with the ARMY.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If it were not for the militias, we wouldn't be here today, They are very much legal, and if you understand the intent of our founders, You, me and every other able bodied American male is the Militia, its our duty to be armed and ready.

The National guard is a joke, as far as being a militia is concerned, its federally funded, as is nothing more then a means to tricking the people, into believing that it is what the founders intended to be the militia, when in reality if they get us to believe that to be so, then it doesn't nothing more then forfeit our rights and give all the power to the government.
Something our founders made very clear that we can never do, as the government is to never become more powerful then the people.

Unfortunately, to an extent the government has indeed become more powerful then the people, the ATF passes laws restricting what Citizens, militiaman, can own when only congress can pass laws, but even congress cant restrict our constitutional rights, but we the people set back and allow this to be so,.

A time will come when American put away there foolish fears of militia's as firearms and understand in full what they mean to this country, sadly that day will most likely be to late.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by C0le]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is a militia legal? Absolutely...but militias are not an exception to firearms laws...which is typically what they get in trouble for.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Founding Fathers intended for civilian militias (not the National Guard) to be watchdogs against tyranny...the idea was that if the government got too powerful, the people could rise up and take it back down...of course the government doesn't much like this idea today, which is why there is a push of disinformation to lead people to believe that the Second Amendment only applies to the National Guard...if I'm not quite mistaken, it's Democrats that support this kind of nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join