It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Heroes: These Generals Ain't Afraid To Tell It Like It Is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's a great site. It's packed with quotes from those who opposed the Iraq invasion. Great stuff, here. There are quotes from David Hackworth, arguably America's most decorated soldier, Former CINC, Persian Gulf war, Gen. H. Norman Schwartzkopf, former Marine Gen. Anthony Zinni and many others. If these guys don't know what they're talkin' about, then I'm afraid no one else does, either. Here are a few of the quotes and the link:

Marine Gen. Anthony Zinni, former Head of Central Command for U.S.
"It's pretty interesting that all the generals see it the same way, and all the others who have never fired a shot, and are hot to go to
war, see it another,...We are about to do something that will ignite a fuse in this region that we will rue the day we ever started."
- Forces in the Middle East:www.salon.com...
www.pilotonline.com...

"A Republican Dissent on Iraq", Full page ad in Wall Street Journal by major GOP contributors
"Mr. President, ...The candidate we supported in 2000 promised a more humble nation in our dealings with
the world. We gave him our votes and our campaign contributions. That candidate was you. We feel betrayed.
We want our money back. We want our country back.... A Billion Bitter enemies will rise out of this war."
- Wall Street Journal, January 13, 2003

www.worldmessenger.20m.com...

Rumsfeld is complete and utter fool for not listening to these voices. Instead he employs nothing but yes-men. That's all good, though, right? I mean they're not the one's in the line fire.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Excellent find!
They're right (the Generals) that the guys that have never shot a gun are all for the war, and these guys who have gone through most of their adulthood fighting, know what it's like and don't want it.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Great find. But without the terrorist the defense contractors would have nothing to do. Same with generals have to have an enemy!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Generals are something but...

Its up to you americans to stand up and say something as a people and not just sit around crying.
Before the war I whent to every demonstraition I could against the war, with numbers of people ALLOt greater than in the U.S.A. I frezed my *** off to try to help those american boys ho would go to die in some foren land and for the Irakis that were inosent. Most of you just sat there and didnt do anything and never even questiond what realy was going on. Sorry but thats just ignorant. And now it didn't turn out like you wanted it to or better like they said so, so joung *post your serving sons name here* has a preaty good chance of dying because someone decided to lower the price of oil and make ALLOT of money with some stupid lies to back it up.
I grew up in a place of the world where people I know died or are still fighting some silly war just because the world needs drugs, and I know how it is to loose someone because of violence (and do not wish this fait upon any one person). So get of your *** and do something and save your kids because this does not end in Iraq and it will not end soon either (other than claimed by some idiots that run what used to be a wonderfull place). If you don't act as a people and for the people right now then don't cry about it either because you (well too few actualy did) didn't raise a finger to stop it. And belive me, it will hit your home soon enough and then you would have wished to have acted before. You, and only you can stop this madness.

(Sorry if I make no cense as I am realy angry because of this STUPID war, this was some tipe of spontaneus thing that had to come out of my person. My spelling isn't great either so forgive me for that too. This is my opinion an I have nothing against americans as my father is one .)

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
Excellent find!
They're right (the Generals) that the guys that have never shot a gun are all for the war, and these guys who have gone through most of their adulthood fighting, know what it's like and don't want it.

I dont know that I am "all for the war". I just feel the need to support the troops who are over there because it is their job. I dont want war. I dont think many people do. But, I know that if I had to be over there, it would be nice to know that people back home are supportive of me, even if they are totaly against the reason I am there.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I supported and fought in the Gulf war. I was a soldier and believed the BS.

Knowing what I knew before this invasion of Iraq, I could never have supported it. Every ounce of "intel" or "proof" they had was completely bogus. And proven to be.

To me, supporting the troops means being honest in evaluating threats and sending them into hostile territory ONLY when every other avenue of diplomacy has been exhausted. Anything short of that is NOT support.

top topics

join