It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highschoolers meet Bush, tell him to stop torture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
11Bravo...I think what people mean by better medical treatment is this....as an AMERICAN you go to the hosptial and sit in the waiting room for god knows how long just to be seen, you hope your insurance covers it, or hope you have a deep pocket to pay for the rediculous bill thats comes with the ER or family doctor for even minor things....what to our gitmo, or any prisoners for that matter get....FREE IMMEDIATE MEDICAL CARE.....people's children in this country don't even get that!!!

I couldnt agree with you more my man, the health care system is screwed, but at the very same time 6 out of 10 people reading this are on some form of prescription. .......?
Its a national disgrace, a shame, and a sham.

And to think...an 11B infantryman worried more about detainees

Ok lets dispense with the newspeak right here. They are not 'detainees'. That is a word that has been substituted into our minds to desensitize us. Lets call them what they are, prisoners, or more accurately, prisoners of war.

that would kill you without hesitation

I would kill any foregn soldiers driving military vehicles around my hometown, what would you do shadowsoldier? Would you kill foreign troops in your hometown?

Why didn't you cry out when your friends took those 3 marines hostage and executed them without food, water, medical treatment etc.....

a flame
huh?
Look at your tactics here 'shadowsoldier'.....examine yourself.
What are you attempting to do when you say 'your friends'?

If you think torture is good or acceptable then you are a terrorist, or atleast the terrorist are your friends.
Birds of a feather.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
While I don't really know where I stand on the subject of torture, I would not say advocating it makes one a terrorist automatically. some people might consider certain forms of torture necessary to obtain information to prevent terrorism.

And others will say it just makes us as bad as them, so it is debatable.

But we in America do not do real torture. America does not attach electrodes to prisoners' testicles and shock them, we do not skin people alive, we do not put a hot iron up to someone's face, we do not threaten to place a hot coal up inside someone's rearend (the English did this in the Middle Ages, they say that guy's screams could be heard from a loooog ways away!), etc...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the thought, but "No I'M NOT A COP". Sorry it took so long to get back to you 11 Bravo. It seems the world has picked it's pace up lately.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure why anyone would want the United States to use torture. All it can do is make the extraction of information more difficult and make the world (especially our enemies) rally against us. It's a no win situation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join