It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Dreams of getting Old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just fooling around with thoughts of what I see in my future, what I would like to put into it.

When I'm old, real old 85-90.

I see my beloved husband of many years, sitting on the porch reading his favorite conspiracy theory, the sun is shining on his silver white hair as I serve a cup of java for us with home backed rolls, marmalade and a slice of brie.

I see us walking under green lush trees with a little river rustling near by, discussing the lattest political updates.

I see days of snow storms pass our windows as the wood stove keeps us warm and cosy, books are read, thoughts shared.

I see a bench he made, under a cherry tree, where we sit to enjoy the sunset, whispering, so the beauty of the moment is kept sacred.

I see camp fires in remote places, where few two-legged ever come.

I see friends gather in our wonderful home to share their tales, around a table of bounty.

I see children and grand children come to make our days busy with food and laughter, winter skiing, summer hikes.
Yes we can still hike

I see so much more. It comforts the heart to see and dream of good things.

What is your dream fellow ATS'r

WIS

[edit on 25-6-2007 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When I grow old, I want to be a real crotchedy old bastard. Always yellin' at all the young people, complainin' about everything. Talkin' real loud and stuff, and like always makin' everybody repeat themselves and stuff. Yeah! And like whenever I'm standin' in line, I'll make sure that I count out the EXACT change - right down to the exact penny. And I'll also make sure that I have real poorly fittin' dentures and stuff. That way they keep movin' around in my mouth grossin' everybody out. Yeah! I can't wait to get old!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hay Lombo,

I love your signature, can I use the Jimi Hendrix one? Please?

Yeah, sounds good, but don't you need more then let'n your teeth fall out at the mall?

I see me and my love, in one of them ever last'n summer eve'nens, just sit'n wait'n for the Fire Fly's to come out. Not saying a word, just sit'n lis'nen to the crickets.
With a warm southern accent.
Things like that, and so much more.
WIS

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Hay Lombo,

I love your signature, can I use the Jimi Hendrix one? Please?
WIS

Thank you for the compliment! As far as the Jimi Hendrix (One of my heroes) quote - PLEASE use it! The more Jimi to go around the better!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Just fooling around with thoughts of what I see in my future, what I would like to put into it.

I see my beloved husband of many years, sitting on the porch reading his favorite conspiracy theory, the sun is shining on his silver white hair as I serve a cup of java for us with home backed rolls, marmalade and a slice of brie.

I see us walking under green lush trees with a little river rustling near by, discussing the lattest political updates.

I see days of snow storms pass our windows as the wood stove keeps us warm and cosy, books are read, thoughts shared.

I see a bench he made, under a cherry tree, where we sit to enjoy the sunset, whispering, so the beauty of the moment is kept sacred.

I see friends gather in our wonderful home to share their tales, around a table of bounty.

I see children and grand children come to make our days busy with food and laughter, winter skiing, summer hikes.
Yes we can still hike

I see so much more. It comforts the heart to see and dream of good things.

What is your dream fellow ATS'r

WIS

What a difference six weeks made eh dear? What a hypocrite. You were not what you seemed I have just recently realized and were just looking for a breadfeeder and mid-August you found one. You are one cold Dane.

I was nothing but a

If that breadfeeder is a member of ATS I would highly recommend you start asking questions.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I dreamed about you last night. It was so real in the dream I was holding you and I told myself remember this moment and never forget how she feels. I cant even to this day think about how you felt without feeling too much loss for my heart to bare.

I miss you every day. I will miss you every day for as long as I live.

Please contact me.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
OK you two. Don't waste a second getting together while there is still time to enjoy life.

Growing old together is not really what you might like to think it is.

Believe it or not one of you normal conversations will be concerning your bowel movements.

Bowel movements become a very important part of your daily life as many older folks seem to stay constipated or have constant diarrhea. There is no normal.

You must learn to have great patience with each other as the ability to hear starts to erode. When I can't understand what my SO is saying I just ignore him as my constant asking him to repeat himself seems to annoy him. I figure if it's important he'll tell me again.

Then there are those strange smells that attack your sense of smell. Those creams and liniments that make your arthritic knee feel like it's freezing or on fire smell terrible.

Hair is another issue. Hair seems to stop growing on legs and other special places. IT puts all it energy into growing out of your mans nose and ears. It is definitely not romantic clipping hair out of you lovers ears.

I guess it isn't romantice for your man to see his woman shaving her chin or upper lip either.

Don't waste your youth being alone. Old age is not for sissies. Enjoy yourselves before the gout and stiff bones set in.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
When I grow old, I want to be a real crotchedy old bastard. Always yellin' at all the young people, complainin' about everything. Talkin' real loud and stuff, and like always makin' everybody repeat themselves and stuff. Yeah! And like whenever I'm standin' in line, I'll make sure that I count out the EXACT change - right down to the exact penny. And I'll also make sure that I have real poorly fittin' dentures and stuff. That way they keep movin' around in my mouth grossin' everybody out. Yeah! I can't wait to get old!

Like ewww dude..gonna kiss with that mouth???
I'll keep ya busy drivin my butt to bingo...lol.

WalkInSilence, missed you hon, great to see you, and everything you described sounds amazing. I'm sure my love would agree, when he's done being a crusty roll. lol...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Gonna try. But i forgot to mention that I will be shaking my old arthritic fist in the air screaming "When I was your age"........ at all the young people. I plan on being ticked off at everything. I'll have the police on speed dial and stuff. And if anyone calls out BINGO before me, I'm gonna replace their denture cream with preparation H.
I bet they will be so surprised!
MAN! I can't wait to get old and stuff!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by lombozo]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Gonna try. But i forgot to mention that I will be shaking my old arthritic fist in the air screaming "When I was your age"........ at all the young people. I plan on being ticked off at everything. I'll have the police on speed dial and stuff. And if anyone calls out BINGO before me, I'm gonna replace their denture cream with preparation H.
I bet they will be so surprised!
MAN! I can't wait to get old and stuff!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by lombozo]

You yell out BINGO before me, and I'll replace your preparation H with Denture cream..

You'll be so surprised!...and stuff..

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join