It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video Shows NH Officer Being Shot, Killed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Haven't watched the video yet, but from the sound of things, the officer had it coming. You mace a guy you've had a bad history with, then turn your back?

Sounds like another case of "god in blue" syndrome. Cop thought he was untouchable after breaking this dude's jaw, ramming his car, and macing him.

Found out the hard way that his uniform didn't grant immortality.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Definitely a bad cop. If you get a kick out of pushing people's buttons and then you're as careless as this cop was, I'm not saying the cop deserved to die, but you reap what you sow.

And like Grady said, they're both dead now so it's not really worth talking about. The only thing I can see coming out of this is a gun control discussion......AGAIN!

Also folks, cops are only going to get worse as more and more of these desensitized war vets come back to the states and get jobs as police officers. In my opinion you should have a college degree to become an officer of the law, period, end of story. If these guys have the authority to kill if necessary, then I want to know the guy using that weapon is mature and has a brain in his head.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Definitely a bad cop. If you get a kick out of pushing people's buttons and then you're as careless as this cop was, I'm not saying the cop deserved to die, but you reap what you sow.

And like Grady said, they're both dead now so it's not really worth talking about. The only thing I can see coming out of this is a gun control discussion......AGAIN!

Also folks, cops are only going to get worse as more and more of these desensitized war vets come back to the states and get jobs as police officers. In my opinion you should have to have a college degree to become an officer of the law, period, end of story. If these guys have the authority to kill if necessary, then I want to know the guy using that weapon is mature and has a brain in his head.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Sure, without the audio we can only speculate as to what was going on. I would suggest that the ACLU or other such organization demand an investigation into this most tragic event, ASAP.

Sorry my post came off sounding as a bash on you. I do hope you will accept my apology. I guess I have that one coming. But ... We do 100% agree that it needs to be investigated.

And as much as I disagree with the ACLU on a number of issues, I still believe deeply in the individual's freedom. So, someone once said, "If you can't stand up for a view you disagree with, then what good is the rest of it"? Or words to that affect. And to that I say, "Release the hounds of the ACLU".

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ok, if I was a cop I would not try to torment the offender or the "Bad guy".
I would use all precautions and treat all LAW BREAKERS the same.
This was a little town and Im sure that cop has been on their case plenty of times.
I don't understand why he would back up his vehicle, then play bumper cars..? And then get out of the car and immediately mase the driver.
I think that was a crooked cop. I think he was up to something. But instead he played with fire and got burnt.
Im sorry but two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What laws had Liko been breaking in the process of all of this? Was he a menace to society, or an extremist teen turned psychologically damaged because his fears were manifesting?

Edit:
Expired registration and evading arrest?

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Anubis Kanubis]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A lot of information is missing from this. It doesn't mention anything of the private citizen executing the shooter at point blank range, and then telling the passenger to pick up the gun, which he refused to do. Everyone is in the wrong here, but to say the young man was the only was, is completely naive. This was another form of bullying that ended with one man fed up after he was maced while waiting on another unit that was anyone other than this cop. Just cause someone wears a badge doesn't mean they do what is right. Mace is not to be used just to piss someone off and then walk away, nor is ramming your vehicle repeatedly into someone's car when you are in a role to PROTECT civilians. The fact is, there is much more to this story, including a family land fued. This cop was no longer a cop, the second he began ramming a vehicle of someone whom he personally hated, not to mention the mace. It doesn't mean it is right to kill him, but the cop showed that he did not deserve to wear a badge or carry a weapon the minute he brought himself down to this suspect's level and try to use his position as an officer to harm someone else. Just cause someone dies while on-duty as a police officer, doesn't mean that what they did must have been the right thing. I have a lot of respect for most officers, but I have seen what small town officers can do when they are on a power trip. To me, this is not a cop being killed by some bad person, but 2 people who chose to escalate their problems to the point of death. Even the little boy testified that his father walked up to the car and blew the man's brains out without being at any immediate risk of being shot. I of course would probally do the same thing, had I just seen a friend or family member being shot, but that doesn't make it right. Just like a % of civilians are bad people, a % of cops are also. Look at both sides before you decide someone is a saint.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join