It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photosynth Demo - Visual Networking !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Using photos of oft-snapped subjects (like Notre Dame) scraped from around the Web, Photosynth (based on Seadragon technology) creates breathtaking multidimensional spaces with zoom and navigation features that outstrip all expectation. Its architect, Blaise Aguera y Arcas, shows it off in this standing-ovation demo. Curious about that speck in corner? Dive into a freefall and watch as the speck becomes a gargoyle. With an unpleasant grimace. And an ant-sized chip in its lower left molar. "Perhaps the most amazing demo I've seen this year," wrote Ethan Zuckerman, after TED2007. Indeed, Photosynth might utterly transform the way we manipulate and experience digital images.

Microsoft Blaise Aguera y Arcas did fantastic job, creating this hyperlinks between images anywhere on net.
Who need a real experience with this kind of zooming, flipping, rotating ...you just dive into images. Kidding - but it is truly impressive.

As a devoted MAC person - I can just hope for this one to include us...

Enjoy this awesome presentation: // enlarge the screen * upper right corner //

Photosynth Demo

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is one of the coolest and scariest things I have ever seen.

It looks like they can integrate this with facial recognition systems. Think about this taking your pictures from MySpace and then tracking you down on Google Maps cameras.

Sheesh!

new topics

join