It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Peace Brings World to Pieces.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is predicted, by myself, that world peace is just about impossible. Unless you eliminate all living things from earth, you are always going to have the element of war or conflict. It is human nature to fight, to get at the top of the hill and be King. Which bring t the prediction that it's a dog eat dog world. Will we destory ourselves?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's true, there is always the element of the dark in the light, and this is what keeps the balance of all things.

Yes, most, if not all, humans have the innate urge to reach the top! But, does that mean I should terminate you if you get in my way?--war? We also have the innate need to bond with other humans.

Will we destroy ourselves? No, we will not, because that is unaccpetable. If we are destroyed, it will be from the mighty fist of God!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
pesonally if we are destroyed it will probaly be chinas fault

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
world peace is possible when people realize love not hate, it is possible through education, now we have supressoin and propagation of ignorance, we will have no peace when one cannot realize the ideas he's fighting for are the same as the ideas of those fighting against him

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Mmm. I think it is possible to destory ones self. You say that human's are all buddy-buddy. Yes we have instinct to survive, but there are people with illness and hatred against it. They have a deserve to win, even if they drag the whole world down with them. You can never be so sure. Several men are sitting around with their fingers on nuclear destruction as we speak.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by TheRaven]

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRaven
It is predicted, by myself, that world peace is just about impossible. Unless you eliminate all living things from earth, you are always going to have the element of war or conflict. It is human nature to fight, to get at the top of the hill and be King. Which bring t the prediction that it's a dog eat dog world. Will we destory ourselves?

The usage of the phrase "human nature" gets people in trouble because it implies a universality, when in fact that is certainly not the case.

new topics

top topics

join