It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainy spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ok, so, not sure how to classify this experience, but it was hella weird. I've never seen this before or heard of it. It's possible it could be some weather deal I don't know about. So, here's the story:

Happened about an hour ago, I'm out here in Australia on a small base. We're doing a field training exercise and I'm walking over to a building to troubleshoot their connection problems. It has been raining on and off for the last week or so, but at this point and time, not a cloud in the night sky. I'm walking with my head down to make sure I don't trip, I have a Cisco switch in one hand and a laptop in the other. So I can't really see what's in front of me, but I happen to see a puddle coming up but I decide since I have waterproof boots and the puddle can't be that deep, I'll just walk right through it. Well, right as I'm about to step into the puddle, something clicks in my head to stop and suddenly look up. As I stop and look up, heavy rain falls smack dab in the middle of this dagone puddle. I'm not talking like a sprinkle, I'm talking heavy f'ing rain. I stood there for about twenty to thirty seconds just stunned and watching this happen then it just stops. I'm completely bewildered at the event that just took place, and a little freaked. I look around and there is an Aussie looking at me kinda funny. I asked if he saw that, and he replys with a 'what?' I shrugged it off and walked the rest of my way to my destination. I got there, and like normal, everything is working properly again. Now, this is where it get's even more weird, as I'm walking back I decide to check out the dagone puddle. Sure enough, it's almost non-existant....I'm just speechless over this. Blew me mind, I tells ya!

Anyone got some input on this? Should I just shrug it off as if it's just some weird weather/drainage(puddle being gone) sort of deal or what?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Lets just put it this way, nature left to itself, it would not be raining, for the most part in aussie land.

just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Lets just put it this way, nature left to itself, it would not be raining, for the most part in aussie land.

just my two cents.

Not sure what you're trying to say. If it's that it doesn't rain in Australia. Well, appearently you've never been to Rockhampton.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i am not saying all parts, obviously some parts its rainy.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
are you sure it was rain? did it have a slight smell or texture to it? or even a color?
because to rain with out a cloud in sight is...well just not right

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
are you sure it was rain? did it have a slight smell or texture to it? or even a color?
because to rain with out a cloud in sight is...well just not right

Couldn't tell if it had a color, it was kinda dark. As far as texture, it was water-like. I didn't test out anything as to not look even more weird to the Aussie that was standing there, even if I had the thought, I probably wouldn't have messed with it anyhow. And for smell, well, I could only smell the cigarette the Aussie was smokeing.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I looked farther into this. I talked to a few of the Aussies, at the risk of sounding insane, but I found that I'm not the only one to have seen it. Apparently, it happens somewhat frequently. It could be middle of the summer and there will be a puddle and suddenly it just starts raining in that one spot for thirty or so seconds. No one has been able to tell me what the hell it is, nor have I found anyone that has some history of that place yet. I'm gonna try to talk to some of the older Aussie soldiers on this.

new topics

top topics

join