It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staph Infection Super bug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Staph Infection Super bug

seattlepi.nwsource.com

At issue is a superbug known as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, which cannot be tamed by certain common antibiotics. It is associated with sometimes-horrific skin infections, but it also causes blood infections, pneumonia and other illnesses.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.chicagotribune.com
www.chron.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Superbug Epidemic in US - Now Threatening Canada
New Superbug confounds doctors

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There have always been stories and conspiracies about new and or old super bugs out there. I just had not heard one about a staph infection before. This bug can be very dangerous. The article in question is saying as many as five percent of people in the hospital may have some sort of staph. This bug can be deadly also, which makes it that much more important to be able to combat it.

seattlepi.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
the C diff bug also seems to be causing concern in the UK.My father currently having treatment for it after being hospitalised recently.

It`s anoying because he wasn`t that ill before he went in.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nescafe,
Wow I can see that sure is annoying. I hope your father will pull through ok. I guess this could be used as an example. A hospital is not a place you want to be if you don't half to.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
MRSA (in hospital speak is pronounced mersa) is Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus Aureus. As its name implies it is resistant to Methicillin.

MRSA tranmission is best combated with simple isolation and as always good handwashing. And by that im not talking about a bit of soap and a 5 sec. rinse, but a good vigerous wash.

It is treatable with other antibiotics such as Vancomyacin and TMP-SMX et al.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Nescafe,
Wow I can see that sure is annoying. I hope your father will pull through ok. I guess this could be used as an example. A hospital is not a place you want to be if you don't half to.

Its touch and go.I`m over here UK from Europe as its the last time good bye visit.

Mini strokes which could blow major plus the C DIFF infection.I`m on here cos he`s alive but there`s nothing goin on.The lights are on but nobodies at home kinda sums it up.

I prefer to be doin other things than watch the small, skinny, pale person that used to be my father die.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
nescafe,
sorry to hear about all that. It sounds like you know whats coming around the corner. I don't expect that makes much of a difference. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
nescafe,
sorry to hear about all that. It sounds like you know whats coming around the corner. I don't expect that makes much of a difference. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

new topics

top topics

join