It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and politics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Please post pictures which show Freemasons are involved in politics. Some people believe or want you to believe masons are never about manipulating politics, just about spirituality and self-improvement, but we can see them almost all over the USA and in the world.

President Truman

Masons in the Vatican

I use Imageshack for image hosting.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Please post pictures which show Freemasons are involved in politics. Some people believe or want you to believe masons are never about manipulating politics, just about spirituality and self-improvement, but we can see them almost all over the USA and in the world.

This is a complete twisting of my words. I said, in no uncertain terms, that Freemasons can be involved in any political platform they choose. They just can't use Freemasonry as some sort of political movement.

Photo Number 1: George W. Bush, as governor of Texas, signs a bill whereby the state supports the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital For Children. How is this supposed to be "Masons manipulating politics"?

Photo Number 2: Brother Harry S. Truman becomes President of the United States upon the death of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The United States Constitution provides that upon the President's death, the Vice President will be sworn in. So how is this "manipulation"?

Photo number 3: Two Masons are walking down the street with some priest. What does this have to do with politics?

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes, yes, you are all saints and charity, including politicians.

This is from Israel...

* The two columns represents the two pillars of Solomon’s Temple.
* Globe is showing their plan to rule the world. The “B” stand for Boaz (I-Kings 7:21)
* This black ball has small gold dots, it is a map of the stars in the sky having some occult meaning.

Pictures are from: Masonic display in the middle of the street
This page is also interesting: The Roots of Evil in Jerusalem

[edit on 25-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes, yes, you are all saints and charity, including politicians.

Who's talking about saints? I was just hoping you would answer my questions instead of ignore them.

This is from Israel...

OK. So a Masonic Lodge (Solomon's Pillars Lodge No. 59) has a Masonic display. Is this supposed to be surprising?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
No but it clearly shows how much Freemasonry is involved in politics. I don't see any lodges or public displays from other spiritual/self-improvement societies, at least not across entire USA, Israel and Europe.

Now i ask myself, why do i need to look at these symbols all over the place if you are not into politics? Besides, i am tired of this one-eye thing. God is not asking anyone to put one-eye symbols all over along with G letters. So what is the reason for having them all over the place?

[edit on 25-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No but it clearly shows how much Freemasonry is involved in politics. I don't see any lodges or public displays from other spiritual/self-improvement societies, at least not across entire USA, Israel and Europe.

I can't speak for Israel or Europe. But in the USA, it has been a tradition since the country's founding that when public buildings are erected, the local Lodge be contacted and lay the Cornerstone. This tradition goes way back to when George Washington, in full Masonic regalia, layed the Cornerstone for the Capitol Building in a Masonic ceremony.

Obviously, I'm not going to downplay the influence of Freemasonry on our Republic. Indeed, I'm very proud of it, as are most other American Masons. My only point is that such influence has been positive, not negative.

Consider the fact that when the Constitution of the US was drafted, one of the influences was "The Constitutions of the Free Masons" which had previously been published by Benjamin Franklin. Before the Revolution, our forefathers had met in the Lodges, and practiced democracy there. The Lodge was considered a prototype of a free and just society, where all brothers were equal, and had freedom of conscience.

However, this is as far as Freemasonry goes. It is not partisan, but simply states that all human beings are created in their image of their Maker, and therefore are deserving of respect and dignity. Any type of government that does not recognize this is therefore illegitimate.

Now i ask myself, why do i need to look at these symbols all over the place if you are not into politics?

Why do you assume that they have anything to do with politics?

Besides, i am tired of this one-eye thing. God is not asking anyone to put one-eye symbols all over along with G letters. So what is the reason for having them all over the place?

The All Seeing Eye was adopted as a Masonic symbol, but it certainly isn't a Masonic symbol alone. Practically all cultures use this symbol, and have so since very ancient times. It most likely isn't going anywhere any time soon.

The Masons use it to symbolize the omnipresence of God. There is also a deeper occult meaning known to the Hindus, who call it the "Eye of Shiva". This meaning was also probably known to at least some of the Egyptians, who called it the "Eye of Horus".

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes, but still why do people need to look at these symbols or even obelisk and sphinx in DC? Or are they there because they represent some power? In any case it's about influence, control and finally politics.

Well, i prefer obelisk over any Christian cross or mosque but what makes all this different. More humanist? That's cool but after world unites i don't want greedy and corrupted in power.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yes, but still why do people need to look at these symbols or even obelisk and sphinx in DC?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Masonic Lodges are pretty much everywhere, and you will find Masonic symbols on or near the buildings.

Or are they there because they represent some power?

To the Mason, they represent aspects of his initiation.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I meant symbols which should represent power, well at least some believe this. Most of the masons for sure.

For anyone interested, check freemasonrywatch.org tracingboard page for a lot of photos. Even famous politicians from today who were in Oval Office 30 years ago. Says a lot how much effect election has.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The Lodge was considered a prototype of a free and just society, where all brothers were equal, and had freedom of conscience.

What about the sisters? The freemasons and consequently the US did not choose to progress from the Greek and Roman models of the Republic. No progress to be expected then. Equality that ain't.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

What about the sisters? The freemasons and consequently the US did not choose to progress from the Greek and Roman models of the Republic. No progress to be expected then. Equality that ain't.

But in reality this isn't the case at all. Our Republic has progressed. The abolition of slavery and women's suffrage are only two of many examples.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yep, recently progress ensured destroying of Constitution, Patriot Act, Homeland Security (new gestapo), war in the Middle East (for Babylon!) and soon mandatory micro-chipping or else you will be treated as an enemy combatant.

Oh yea, i forgot North American Union planned to be effective in 2010. Of course nobody asked voters, all NAU talk was only between super elite from political and corporate scene (is there any difference anyway?). And yes, one more, martial law in America which is planned soon too.

But since Freemasons are not into politics you have no credit for that or for abolishing slavery or establishing women's rights.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

But since Freemasons are not into politics you have no credit for that or for abolishing slavery or establishing women's rights.

I don't know if you live anywhere near London, sb2012, but there is an interesting exhibition on right now at Freemasons Hall as part of the bicentenary of the abolition of the Slave Trade Act in the UK.

www.abolition200.org.uk...

Freemasonry has long been ahead of the game with regards to natural justice (which is not politics). Check out a fascinating article on Black Freemasonry here

William Wilberforce, the great 18th Century abolitionist, was not a freemason as far as anyone knows. However so admired is he by the Craft that at least one lodge has been named after him, Wilberforce Lodge No. 2134 .

Although there is no evidence to suggest that William Wilberforce was a Freemason, his origin in Hull, together with his subsequent contribution towards the abolition of slavery in the early 19th Century made him an appropriate figure with whom the Lodge should be associated. Indeed in an address from the people of Hull in 1812, Wilberforce was described, simply as the “Friend of Man” – a truly fitting objective for anyone – but especially for those committed to the ideals and principles of Freemasonry.

[edit on 6/25/07 by Trinityman]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yep, recently progress ensured destroying of Constitution, Patriot Act, Homeland Security (new gestapo), war in the Middle East (for Babylon!) and soon mandatory micro-chipping or else you will be treated as an enemy combatant.

Interestingly, these things began occuring when the number of Freemasons in government dramatically decreased. After all, in the days of the fathers when Freemasons sat in large numbers in public office, such problems were completely unknown. Indeed, they are the ones who gave us our Bill of Rights in the first place.

Just food for thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Amen brother!
But there is a far more insidious menace lurking within the hallowed halls of most first-world governments: That's right. Christians.
They try to disguise their beliefs with such drivel as 'I'm a Catholic' or 'I'm a Protestant' but at the end of the day they're all the same, damn Jesus-worshipping felons!

But seriously I thought it was discrimination to prevent participation in politics based on membership to by-and-large benevolent organisations?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Don't know who that man is, but he talked something against secret societies in 1920 or so, later joined them all. I must be careful too.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
Amen brother!
But there is a far more insidious menace lurking within the hallowed halls of most first-world governments: That's right. Christians.
They try to disguise their beliefs with such drivel as 'I'm a Catholic' or 'I'm a Protestant' but at the end of the day they're all the same, damn Jesus-worshiping felons!

But seriously I thought it was discrimination to prevent participation in politics based on membership to by-and-large benevolent organizations?

Yea well i don't like them (what a surprise), especially Christian right and fundamentalist.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Yea well i don't like them (what a surprise), especially Christian right and fundamentalist.

Wow, that's a difference. Most 'Aarrghh! Mason!' posters love the dubious 'connections' between Freemasonry and Satan/Satanism.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
But in reality this isn't the case at all. Our Republic has progressed. The abolition of slavery and women's suffrage are only two of many examples.

My reference to progress was merely in the founding of the new Republic, an opportunity to fully embrace equality was missed and conformity to the ideals set by Greece and Rome were followed. Male supremacy. That men and women fought and gained suffrage is a separate matter entirely and only those people concerned can take the credit for that. Respect only, where respect is due.

It was an opportunity lost by so-called enlightened men to form a constitution that was a true reflection of a ‘land of the free’.

While John Adams was helping to form the Declaration of Independence, his wife Abigail wrote to him requesting that he “Remember the ladies.” The request fell on largely amused ears. Adams own response was, "Depend upon it. We know better than to repeal our masculine systems."

In 1920 suffrage was finally acheived. The Equal Rights Amendment has however been placed before Congress at every session since 1923 and has only succeeded in being passed once in 1972. In the end only 35 of the required 38 states agreed to the ratification, this is as close as it has ever got.

Equality did not extend to African-Americans either. Whether or not slavery was abolished did not provide equality for African-Americans. When slavery was finally abolished, segregation was enforced for many years after that. Respect is only due to those who fought bravely in face of so much oppression and certainly the freemasons deserve no reflected glory just because William Wilberforce admired them.

As the literature of the US so fluently portrays, to be a woman and African-American was to be bottom of the pile. This is only now showing signs of improvement, again through their own efforts and they are due ALL the credit.

So progress yes, but so slow, in retrospect the forming of the US Republic benefited the ideology and personalities of those who contributed. To lesser and greater degrees they disregarded anything that did not fit into their box.

Freemasons fulfill the needs of the establishment, whoever the establishment may be, they are conformists. That they were influential in the formation of the US Republic is indicative that they continued to conform to ideals of male supremacy and not to ideals of true democracy. Now if the Quakers had been more involved in the Declaration of Independence and not the Masons then we may have been talking about real progress for the world over.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't see any lodges or public displays from other spiritual/self-improvement societies, at least not across entire USA, Israel and Europe.

umm... the christian cross? jewish star of david? flag of the U.N.? peace symbol? yin-yang? I'm pretty sure those are all universal symbols that are displayed in public, and involve "spiritual/self-improvement societies" across the entire USA, Isreal, Europe and beyond.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join