It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isreal's refusal to deal with Fatah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I gather that whilst Isreal is willing to release frozen Palestinian funds they are not willing to make broader gestures to encourage support for Fatah on the West Bank.

Is Isreal stupid or what ?

If Isreal were ever genuine about this pathway to Peace then this is the time to make a generous gesture to a pragmatic leadership in the Plaestinian side. What is wrong with these idiots in Isreal ?

Is Isreal's leader like an equivalent of that other fool ?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
So the goalposts for negotiation have been moved again? no surprise there!

Israel is quite happy to sell Fatah £6million+ in arms and ammunition, offer military training to Fatah to fight Hamas, arrange to release the frozen funds to the Palestinian Authority, but negotiate to enable Palestine to become a stable and eventually define it's status as a nation? never!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I absolutely agree. I sometimes stand up for and defend Isreal, but honestly they lose all credibility when they could do the right thing and then prove what utter pricks they really are.

It would be in everyone's interests to see Fatah set up a stable and prosperous Palestinian state.

USA should read the riot act to Isreal at this point but Bush is too weak.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
I gather that whilst Isreal is willing to release frozen Palestinian funds they are not willing to make broader gestures to encourage support for Fatah on the West Bank

It would be in everyone's interests to see Fatah set up a stable and prosperous Palestinian state.

Sounds like a Jewish mother to me...she'll provide her son with the means to live indepedantly, but he'll never be able to leave home

[edit on 25-6-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Is Isreal stupid or what ?

Israel is not stupid, the Palestinians now fight each other rather than concentrating their attacks on Israeli targets. The civil war is a wet dream for radical Israells. Israel will probably take control of Gaza and then it is just the West Bank - full of Israeli settlements - that is left to conquer.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You are mistaken.

www.abovepolitics.com...

Actually it is looking very much as if Fatah will be the "moderate" government that the west can/is willing to accept and work with.

Fatah's leader is making noises/moves towards a real peace with their neighbor.

www.abovepolitics.com...

The US is already taking actions in support of Fatah.
www.abovepolitics.com...

Outlawing Hamas was the final necessary step to gain the wests trust/money/support.
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Indeed mon..

Israel and Fatah are actually working very well together.. and I think perhaps Fatah and Israel fighting against Hamas together will strengthen their relationship..

Fatah is also always increasing support with its neighbors.. even Egypt .. who while always trying to bring about peace never wanted much to do with the actual people....

No one will deal with Hamas, they have openly declared that they want to destroy Israel... there will NEVER be dealing with them.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So, citizen smith, Sounds like a Jewish Mother, to yah-hah. Seems to me your taking sides -- at least.
Forgive my directness but I just can't understand why there's an obvious hatred toward our Jewish friends. Tell me?, did you have to dig deep to throw out that insult? I'd like to know.

I suppose your aware of Above Top Secret's Jewish membership and how such comments may bother and/or discourage our Jewish friends from participating in so many ATS subjects -- yes?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Seems to me your taking sides -- at least....Tell me?, did you have to dig deep to throw out that insult? I'd like to know.

My comment was meant as a tongue-in-cheek joke, and certainly not in any disparaging way...the whole Israel/Palestine situation makes many here at ATS including myself despair so I sought to express my opinion on the current situation in a humourous way.

If you google 'jewish mother jokes' you'll find plenty there that are very much in the same vein, and many by renowned Jewish authors and comedians.

Perhaps it's the political twist I put on it that you find uncomfortable?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
citizen smith,
twists don't bother me on this subject, its the subject

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
I suppose your aware of Above Top Secret's Jewish membership and how such comments may bother and/or discourage our Jewish friends from participating in so many ATS subjects -- yes?

I haven't seen you equally raising your voice against the many 'Islamofascist' comments and titled threads that have been appearing on the board as of late...are you just as concerned that such may be offensive and discourage our Islamic friends from participating in ATS' debates?

If you find my opinions not to your taste, feel free to use the 'Ignore' button...

...back to the issue at hand, Israel's refusal to deal with Fatah

new topics

top topics

join