It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Defining characteristics of Facism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
This is Fox News for ya, a total farce. I stopped watching Fox years ago. Liars all. They are no more legitimate than Strom Thurmond's secret black baby.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by Colonel]

Fox hasn't been on for that many years to make it sound so old. What, are you 18, and a month seems like years?!?
Besides, I can't imagine you watching it for more than 10 minutes before going into liberal-warped bias withdrawal!
Here's the difference between straight reporting and bias reporting. See if you can pick out what I see that would not be there if Fox was as you say it is:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Have you guys ever though that maybe arguing back in forth is doing nothing? I mean, whose opinion is being changed.

Sometimes, maybe violence is the only solution. Coexistence doesn't seem possible these days.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
krazyivan i've done it on a few translators and keep getting "victory welfare my leader "

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
krazyivan i've done it on a few translators and keep getting "victory welfare my leader "

well if it keeps saying that the nazis must of been libs

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Or taking the piss the same way the naming of the 'patriot act' does.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Here's the difference between straight reporting and bias reporting. See if you can pick out what I see that would not be there if Fox was as you say it is:

www.foxnews.com...

I hope you don't mean that little bit of disagreement from John Glenn at the very end of the article? I'm guessing, though, you mean offering outside SEARCH functions on key story elements?

I believe the reason people find the cable version of Fox News so biased is the rampant editorializing by the talking heads. "Dummycrats" 9 wannabes, democratic dwarves, Is Albright INSANE? Is Kennedy DRUNK? These protestors are wrong. You have to have seen it yourself. In fact, you probably laugh with them.

But you can't say you see CNN or any network stoop to that level. Imagine Dan Rather between segments: What won't these Repugnant Retardicans try? Never happen.

And I do watch Fox, and do know what I'm talking about.

Another real example...
Bill O'Reilly Most Ridiculous Item of the Day: Jesse Jackson has said Rush LImbaugh should be punished for drug crimes? How ridiculous! Who does Jackson think he is? Why should we care what Jackson thinks?

THE VERY NEXT NIGHT FROM BILL: Now here's something that might surprise you. Actor/Comedian Jimmie JJ Walker has come out saying Rush should NOT be punished. Really make you think doesn't it? Welcome Mr. Walker... "RUSH IS DYNOMITE"

Now who's ridiculous?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sheesh Colonel, if you could link those to facist countries by using examples(i.e.-nationalism of nazism) in each number, it would be a much better peice. Though there are other countries that are very similar to the discription you put out, but they are closer to the other side of the spectrum. Maybe some things listed may parallel those of normal, capitalist societies. And if you didn't notice, some of those things are what make us a superpower right now. Do we want to loose our status?

The right-wingers are not the only ones to blame for this. Some of the things, like 13, are shared by the left-wingers. Most of what you have listed is what I dislike about America. I never did think this was a free country, though the group to blame is not republicans, it's corrupt or misled politicians.

Hell, I'd support you, Colonel, if you proposed a way to be rid of these things. Holy #, I'm agreeing with Colonel, I need a drink.:w:

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by joehayner]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join