It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel from the Future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I strongly sometimes way too strongly get the feeling that the tall greys are us in the future.

And they have come way way back to help us even tho that help might not be needed ?

LOL call it a stupid guess.

Regard's
Lee

I've thought the same thing for many years... /2cents

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2 Theoretically someone should turn your light off or knock on your door in an hour from now.

Only if the time machine is built one hour from now...

in your own words...

put it in an envelope and keep it as a family heirloom with instructions not to be opened until a time machine is built

Just think about that for a second...

[edit on 6/25/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
By definition, the 10th dimension is an extension of every possible ending for every possible start of a universe at every possible time. So time travel may be possible I suppose.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-6-2007 by AMANNAMEDQUEST]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well according to this experiment it is possible to be in two places at the same time.

when laboratory apparatus was developed that could reliably fire single electrons at the screen the emergence of an interference pattern indicated that each electron was interfering with itself and therefore in some sense the electron had to be going through both slits. For something that most people continue to imagine to be an unimaginably small particle to be able to interfere with itself would suggest that this "sub-atomic particle" was in two places at once

Double-slit experiment

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Well according to this experiment it is possible to be in two places at the same time.

Only if we were sub atomic particles.

How about Schroedingers cat? What if were were not really here, until we were observed?

That's another mind stretching brain teaser, sorry for the off-topic. (But it is related, in a twisted sort of way)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Travelling in time inherently means you are travelling in space as well.

Our planet revolves around the sun, which revolves around the constellation, which move through the Universe.

Knowing where the earth will be at any point in the time you wish to travel is required, otherwise you end up materializing in outer space, or inside a mountain, or part of a building.....How is anyone able to determine where the earth will be at a particular point in time, or that a car is not in the same point in time that you are attemting to arrive in..?

Time travel is not possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The one part that keeps stumping me is the OP.

IF there was a time machine available right now we would be able to visit the future.

That means there is a future in existence right now.

Which means they probably have a time machine visiting the past, right now.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree with a few others who have posted. Time travel is very possible. In fact not only can you go to any point in time you wish but if your spirit called for the experience you can be born in any point in time!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If I may take a quoye from Albert Einstein.

We are all time travelers , travelling into the future 1 second a second.

According to Einsteins theory of relativity(As far as I understand it). Time travel to the future is certaintly possible if one were to be travelling at the speed of light. As most of us alread know , when an observer begins to approach the speed of light, time as we know it slows down. Or basicly time is not relative. Time in back on earth comences, but for the observer stands still. Could be gone for an hour and years go by on earth(I believe their is an actual formula for one to know)
Einstein also theorized that going to the past in ones time line was impossible because of several parodox's IE..Grandmother Parodox..
Further stating that to even attempt such a feet would require an "enormous ammount of energy".
But alot has changed since Einstein's day . I certaintly don't dismiss the possibilities in time travel, either direction.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

when laboratory apparatus was developed that could reliably fire single electrons at the screen the emergence of an interference pattern indicated that each electron was interfering with itself and therefore in some sense the electron had to be going through both slits. For something that most people continue to imagine to be an unimaginably small particle to be able to interfere with itself would suggest that this "sub-atomic particle" was in two places at once

Double-slit experiment

This video explains the double slit experiment very well.
edit: video.google.com...

[edit on 6/25/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why would it be impossible to travel to the past to before you were born or before time machines were created?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The real secret is whether or not the 'future' is traveling into the 'past'. They are more likely to have the technology then us in the "olden days".

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
One day a nuts and bolts time machine may indeed be made,if that day ever arrives then there is a good chance that they have already come back to the past.

A handfull of egyptian Hieroglyphs seem to show modern looking tanks/helicoptors from present days so one could persume that we can do it now!
Could be that the Philadelphia Experiment bought on some advance science(helped by outsiders)and time travel was born

If they did come back in the past they wouldnt want to pollute the time line so i would guess they would have certain safegaurds.Perhaps one can only see the past/future and actualy reaching out and touching physical things is impossible?

On an astral side to this subject I think it may be possilbe to OBE and roll back into your body from the past with practise-but there may be safety nets in place that stops this with slighly diferent polarity acting as a shield that repels the energy.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

There are some theories that suggest time travel is very possible.
If that is true then that means there is a future you could travel to.
If there is a future that you could travel to then that means we probably have created a time machine in the future and we are traveling back to us.
That means we are being visited by the future. True or False.

I tend to think that just like the future, the past dissolves into a blur of probabilities the farther out you get. I could be wrong, though. I could always be wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy
Knowing where the earth will be at any point in the time you wish to travel is required, otherwise you end up materializing in outer space, or inside a mountain, or part of a building.....How is anyone able to determine where the earth will be at a particular point in time, or that a car is not in the same point in time that you are attemting to arrive in..?

I'm pretty sure this can easily be calculated using current technology. Heck, NASA does it every time they send out another probe. You don't think they just shoot off a Mars probe willy nilly without knowing where Mars will be when they get there, do you?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here's the deal, due to certain impossibilities, like changing the past, time travel into the past can logically be deemed impossible. For example, what would happen if you journeyed into the past and accidentally killed your parents? On a more complex note, try to understand that your very existence in the past would irrevocably change the future. What if you went back to see the dinosaurs and got bitten by a mosquito, which then transmitted a deadly (to the dinosaurs) disease amongst the creatures of that age? It would certainly change the rate at which humans evolved, thus making your own existence impossible, meaning the 'time machine' would have never been invented in the first place. Which then begs the question: How did you go back to disease the dinosaurs?

However, traveling into the future would not be that difficult. Mathematics and advanced physics predict that we will soon be able to manipulate 'wormholes' for travel purposes. This would allow us to cross incredibly huge distances in a single step, but with the proper mathematical equations, and the resulting technology, it is possible to also manipulate a worm hole to open much later on one end. For example, you could set up a wormhole to open 10 years in the future. Once you walked through one end, to you, the transition of 10 years would be instant, but to an observer, you would step out ten years later.

So, you can't travel to the past in the traditional sense, but if you buy the multiverse theory, there is an infinite array of existences out there where everything you can possibly imagine and everything you can't are happening and have happened. So, theoretically, if you had some crazy machine that allowed you to step between existences, you could find an existence extremely close to the one we lived in 5 years ago, for example. The difference could be as little as someone yawning in London, when they didn't yawn in this existence. Effectively, you wouldn't be traveling back in time, but into another world in which you existed at that point. Pretty neat stuff, honestly.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

I tend to think that just like the future, the past dissolves into a blur of probabilities the farther out you get. I could be wrong, though. I could always be wrong.

Maybe it dissolves into a blur in our brains but in the real its very clear im sure.
I think all threads leading forward and backward are mathematically perfect and all possibilties are constant.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I believe a lot of the UFO's we see and those seen by astronauts are in fact us from the future watching the past as a form of entertainment.

If time travel is real, one could expect a future long enough so that it would be used wide spread, and even as a form of entertainment for our future super intelligent offspring.

Seems crazy sure but given enough time they would be able to develope fail safes etc.. to make it a plausible way to make $$$

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think some people on here are discussing the time machine that is being built now and the reason you can only travel within the timeline of when the machine was built is because the way the machine works. It sends "information" if you will back and forth from itself so if you try to send "data" to say 50 years ago the machine is not there 50 years ago to receive the data in question. But they say it will be years before it could send actual living matter through it. So if you can send matter 50 years from now and you try to send it back the old time machine will not be able to receive it and vice versu get it?

The Time machine other people are discussing in here too is the type you will get into and actually travel with. I dont know about that and am still rubbing my head thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is also possible there was ancient intelligent life here on earth millions
of years ago. It is possible.
And they may have been intelligent enough to travel into the future.

Does that mean our past could be visiting us also?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join