It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arcadia, CA May 1976

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I heard about an event that happened in Arcadia, CA in May of 1976. Appearently, rocks of all sizes lifted up from the ground and were thrown by an unseen force. Supposedly, the LA Times did a series of articles on it, but it was all covered up and forgotten. I've been searching for the articles about it and more information on the incident. If anyone has anything that they would be so kind as to share I would be greatful.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The only thing I could find is this.

www.realhaunted.com...

theshadowlands.net...

Arcadia - The Arcadia Poltergeist - In May 1976 on a memorial night Rocks of all sizes started lifting off the ground and hitting places, people, and breaking windows to cars and houses. No-one was able to explain it. It was happening off and on for three months. It happened in Arcadia, California and was investigated by Duke University and was written up in the LA Times, (apparently a six week series) there is not much info on this event. There was no explanation given to the people who were attacked by this strange occurrence. It was merely Covered up and forgotten.

Those were the only two thing I could find and they both say the same thing. If you live in California I'd see if you can find the article in the archives if they have one.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I also found this link that might help you...

Arcadia poltergeist

But since it is someone's personal account I suppose you have to take it with a grain of salt, but it might help you find some more reliable information.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey, thanks alot. I'm a Marine and being that Marines have bases all over Cali, I'm sure I'll be back there. I saw this on shadowlands and I wanted to find more info on it. Just curious as to what exactly happened and more so curious to find out what the hell it was that did it.

Ideas ranging to a poltergeist to possibly someone with telekinetic powers. I mean anything is possible here.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, I am the writer of the poltergeist in Arcadia, ca, story. I did actually live through this, rocks of all sizes from small bb size to giant chunks of cement that could not be lifted by man. Every window in my friend's house was broken out, including an inside window, unaccessible from the outside. The Arcadia police were pelted, as were members of the L.A. Co. Sheriff's, in full protective gear. The rocks followed my friend's mother as she drove around in her car. It was bizarre, and I personally know of 10 people that witnessed this besides the police. It lasted almost three months, and personally, I hope I never have to experience this again.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Do you know the exact date of the incidents? Or exact dates of the articles?

I could go to the LA Library and see if I could pull old newspapers on file.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This story is amazing. I actually live around that area. Can you give us a general area of where this place happen, street cross streets, did the police or anyone come up with any ideas on how or why this was happening. Were they able to spot where the rocks and cement pieces were coming from? There had to be a source, if this happen over the course of 3 months, and in different locations around that area, there had to be a location source of the rocks. Did your friend's family have any enemies and why was it that only your friends family was target?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Et In Arcadia Ego...

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Rigel]

top topics

join