It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Saber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted yet. An operation called Saber is being held later next week in Australia...see link. It's a joint excersise with us and America.

www.defence.gov.au...

I personally get a little worried when they do these sorts of things. Australians don't like them on our soil and large events seem to follow after the excersises finnish.

Just thought i'd post to see if anyone knows more.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Stop spouting this crap!!! Its called exercise Talisman Saber. It's nothing new, as I said on a previous thread I have personally been on this exercise in 2005, its just a joint exercise mainly about landing a lot of troops from the sea to land.

A key point. Operations are actual activities that the military conduct against a threat. Exercises are just that, exercises. Training for some possible threat. Have a read of the link you posted before you go on posting things about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm currently on the exercise right now. What you don't know is that we're about to pull a complete military take over of Queensland.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I'm currently on the exercise right now. What you don't know is that we're about to pull a complete military take over of Queensland.

you might want to read up on the Battle of Brisbane then.

Battle of Brisbane
www.abc.net.au...

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

you might want to read up on the Battle of Brisbane then.

Battle of Brisbane
www.abc.net.au...

Good luck.

There were no Marines there.
Nah, we're just harmless americans training to be not so harmless...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How about an Aussie Corporal being told he (and I assume some others) would be evac'd out before the 'mock' bombing started on a hill during this Operation Talisman Sabre 07 and then they were left there ? Live rounds used.

How do I know....can not divulge...read my previous posts this will give a clue.

res

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
How about an Aussie Corporal being told he (and I assume some others) would be evac'd out before the 'mock' bombing started on a hill during this Operation Talisman Sabre 07 and then they were left there ? Live rounds used.

How do I know....can not divulge...read my previous posts this will give a clue.

res

Is that a conspiracy, or just an accident? A few years ago mates of mine where driven onto a live arty firing range. It's not uncommon. # happens. Stop trying to be secret squirrel about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
Just thought i'd post to see if anyone knows more.

Ah! I see what all the hubbub is about...

“We are appalled by the announcement that the Federal Government has secretly agreed to set up a new United States base at Geraldton in WA,” Australian Anti-Bases Campaign Coalition National Coordinator Denis Doherty said this morning.

“We are sure Australians do not want to supply intelligence and communications for more Bush administration invasions or to host bases which spy on our neighbours and training areas for Australian soldiers to practice fighting under US command.

“The Federal Government has dropped all pretence about ‘joint facilities’ and is calling the new base, the first of several planned facilities, a United States military base.

“Defence Minister Nelson’s claim that the government will have full knowledge of all activities at the base is unbelievable,” Mr Doherty said.

“We already have over 40 US military facilities in Australia. We cannot afford more

SOURCE

40 US military facilities not to mention the CIA establishment at Pine Gap...

So ummm when will Australia be officially declared a state?

And this take over of Queensland... just what IS in Queensland worth taking?

Or maybe they will just do some more graffitti like this one...

The Marree Man is certainly big, 28km in circumference and ploughed into the plateau with the aid, surveyors suggest, of a satellite-linked global positioning system. The current theory is the image was created by American service personnel from the nearby American satellite spy base, scheduled to close down at the end of the century. The motive is still not clear, whether it is a "polite" thank you or an flying finger salute to their Australian landlords.

SOURCE

Or maybe its to capture the Weipa Spaceport...

Yup I can cook up a conspiracy or two over this

Okay okay its a slow night and I was bored

[edit on 5-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You are quoting national coodinator of the "Anti-Bases Campaign Coalition" hardly an official source and hardly impartial.

Can people just accept things at face value and stop making crap up when there is no evidence to support it? Pine Gap isn't CIA run, its a facility part of which is run by the NSA and part is run by DSD (NSA's counterpart in Australia).

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeaussie

Can people just accept things at face value and stop making crap up when there is no evidence to support it? Pine Gap isn't CIA run, its a facility part of which is run by the NSA and part is run by DSD (NSA's counterpart in Australia).

No way Mate

But saying its the NSA and not CIA just makes it worse seeing the NSA is a little higher up the food chain than the CIA...

Pine Gap, near Alice Springs, employs nearly 1,000 people, mainly from the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office. Originally code-named MERINO, it is the ground station for a satellite network that intercepts telephone, radio, data links, and other communications around the world. The facility currently includes a dozen radomes, a 5,600 square meter computer room, and 20-odd service and support buildings. Two of its ground antenna are part of the U.S. Defense Satellite Communications System.

SOURCE

And I consider FAS.org a pretty reliable source

LOL but as I said I was bored...

But this is interesting...
Secret new US spy base to get green light

Sydney Morning Herald

It will be the first big US military installation to be built in Australia in decades, and follows controversies over other big bases such as Pine Gap and North West Cape.

Dr Dorling said the base would have direct military significance and would be a military target, similar to the submarine communications base at North West Cape and the joint facility at Pine Gap with its missile early warning system.

It seems though that we won't sell you our new toys...

The deal has come to light amid heightened political debate over the alliance with the US and in the same week that the US finally told Australia it would not allow it to buy its best fighter aircraft, the F-22 Raptor.

Here is the TRUTH about the NSA...

NSA WIRETAPPING

Now if you listen to the cartoon you will hear them say that their Boss was just made head of the CIA

Bush nominates Air Force general to lead CIA
Nominee Hayden faces confirmation fight over eavesdropping, military ties...

With Hayden at his side, Bush urged senators to promptly approve the former National Security Agency head, who one year ago was confirmed unanimously to be the nation’s first deputy director of national intelligence...

Hayden is credited with designing the NSA’s warrantless surveillance program. Disclosure of the program late last year sparked an intense civil-liberties debate over whether the president can order the monitoring of international calls and e-mails in the U.S. without court warrants...

SOURCE

So if the NSA is running Pine Gap now with the DSD... I would be a little more concerned if I were you

And BTW Fosters is brewed in CANADA

www1.epinions.com...

So now that I have done my bit for Aussie/American relations I think I will go to bed...

:ccol:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
[
But saying its the NSA and not CIA just makes it worse seeing the NSA is a little higher up the food chain than the CIA...

I think you are getting mixed up dude. They are just different agencies and perform different roles. The NSA (same as our DSD) is responsible for the interception of foreign communications. Where as the CIA (same as our ASIS) is responsible for running agents and intelligence collection in a foreign country. I don't know about the US but technically ASIS is "higher" than DSD because at a base level employees of ASIS get paid more.

People seem to forget that actual people (usually uni students) work for these government agencies. They aren't some mindless drones that you see in the movies.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I think you are getting mixed up dude.

LOL Guess you missed the addition I edited in just now

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So if the NSA is running Pine Gap now with the DSD... I would be a little more concerned if I were you

And BTW Fosters is brewed in CANADA

Um, why? It's actually illegal to target any ally. So unless you aren't a citizen of Australia, USA, UK and Canada you have nothing to worry about.

Have a look at intelligence surveillance act for Australia.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I don't think this is the place to discuss Australian or US Defence Exercises.
Who knows who is monitoring this website gaining information that could be used against us..... Loose mouths sink ships...., walls have ears...
Old slogans but very relevant.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mukiwa

Why? All the info is posted by those agencies on the internet... that's where I got it from..

Who knows who is monitoring this website gaining information that could be used against us.....

Hmmm could be right... spooks and spys, disinfo agents and just plain agents in every thread... we better be careful not to spill the beans as it were

I'll go hide under mt pillows now

Loose mouths sink ships....

Thats "lips" not "mouths"

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mukiwa
Who knows who is monitoring this website gaining information that could be used against us..... Loose mouths sink ships...., walls have ears...
Old slogans but very relevant.

What exactly Mukiwa? It's an exercise. All the information about it has been released to the media. Sounds like you are just trying to scaremonger.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hummm so the NSA don`t co operate with CIA vice versa then.

That would explain US successes with fighting the War Against Terrorism.

Maybe the CIA caught Bin and the boys and haven`t told the NSA who are informing the dumb Bush to carry on the fight

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
Hummm so the NSA don`t co operate with CIA vice versa then.

That would explain US successes with fighting the War Against Terrorism.

Maybe the CIA caught Bin and the boys and haven`t told the NSA who are informing the dumb Bush to carry on the fight

I guess you are just being facetious but have a bit of think about it. Unless you are unemployed and therefore have no idea, the government is like any organisation, different departments and different areas. They all work together towards a common goal. All ingelligence collected is generally sent to an analysing authority who they pass on their analysis to the government.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I guess you are just being facetious but have a bit of think about it.

Yes I was, and no i dont have anything to think about.

the government is like any organisation, different departments and different areas. They all work together towards a common goal. All ingelligence collected is generally sent to an analysing authority who they pass on their analysis to the government.

Please provide some source info to back up your comment, I `ve always wanted to read the NSA/CIA operating manuel covering intel gathering proccedures and required protocals.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have friends who work for the Australian organisations. I'm not sure what the US counterparts are but in Australia ONA and DIO are they two main analysing authorites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join