It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Way To Get A Message Across

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here is something I found while looking at news. All I can really say is I hope these people never see the light of day again.

A woman had the word "snitch" burned into her face with a branding iron in apparent retaliation for helping police in a domestic violence case, authorities said.

The brand singed into her flesh during a June 13 attack is 4 to 6 inches long and stretches across her left cheek from lip to earlobe, Mesa police Sgt. Chuck Trapani said Friday.

"Obviously, they were trying to send a message to her, and they were obviously trying to humiliate her," Trapani said.

crime radies

If any of you wish to make a rant please go ahead and make it.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
all i gotta say is these people live a different life style then what some may be used to

i dont think that this particular incident is a good thing by any means but i also dont think its fair for someone like me to judge this incident until i grow up in the same living conditions as them

im not defending this rather saying i dont understand it

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Phantom,
Ok that is a fair statement. Neither you nor I know anything more about this then what was stated in the article. But I feel I can say there should not situation or condition in a civilized society where something like this should be considered all right.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's not all right with mainstream society. Just street culture.

In my city, people wander around wearing "Snitches Get Stitches" T-shirts. I even saw a guy wearing one in the courthouse.

I think that's a form of terrorism, myself. It's hard enough these days finding people that will step in and do the right thing, but for the ones that do so to be mutilated for it is pretty low.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Whoever promotes a "no snitching" policy should be blindfolded and beat with golf clubs. I seriously hate these "gangstaz" who think they're above the law and promote stupid hypocrisy like this.

If you commit a crime or hurt someone, you're damned right I'm going to tell the cops so they can put your sorry ass in jail. Why the hell wouldn't I snitch? These idiots expect people to defend criminals out of fear?

One of my friends is a "no snitching" kind of guy. A real wannabee gangsta, but all around hes a fun guy to hang out with. The other day he made a comment about "no snitching" and I punched him in the chest, hard. Then I told him that if he snitched on me I would punch him in the balls. Then I called him a hycropitic idiot and punched him again for no reason. I like to feel that I knocked some sense into him, because hes starting to stray away from all that gangsta bull.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Major Mal my ex's uncle was the national president of a major gangster gang in New Zealand. You're quite right. They are gangsters and don't belong any society. Hells Angels, Mafia, whatever.

They live by a whole different set of values.

The last thing they need are wishy washy liberals making excuses for these poor misunderstood youths from broken homes. Thugs are thugs period. People make choices with their lives and people choose to be thugs.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Gunson,
Thanks for chiming in, and yes you are right. Thugs are thugs and should not be in any society.
I however am not so sure about putting the Hells Angels in the same category as the mafia. If you are referring to all bikers when you say Hells Angels that group is to broad to be called thugs and as such should not be in any society. Many groups of bikers should not be in society but the majority of them do live with in the law contribute to a civilized society.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I think that's a form of terrorism,

Great point Major ... Yes, it's definately terrorizing. I wonder if it would fit into the legal definition.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I think that's a form of terrorism,

Great point Major ... Yes, it's definately terrorizing. I wonder if it would fit into the legal definition.

I should think so:

The Oxford English Dictionary

(a) Policy intended to strike with terror those against whom it is adopted; (b) the employment of methods of intimidation; (c) the fact of terrorizing or condition of being terrorized.

Webster's New International Dictionary

(a) Act of terrorizing, or state of being terrorized; specify: the system of the Reign of Terror. (b) A mode of governing, or of opposing government, by intimidation. (c) Any policy of intimidation.

The United States has defined terrorism under the Federal Criminal Code. Chapter 113B of Part I of Title 18 of the United States Code defines terrorism and lists the crimes associated with terrorism. In Section 2331 of Chapter 113b, terrorism is defined as:

"..activities that involve violent... ... that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State and... appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and ......(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States......(C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States..."

U.S. Code of Federal Regulations:

"...the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

www.globalterrorism101.com...

There are tons more definitions at the link I provided, but they all say the same thing: using force or violence against persons to coerce civilians in furtherance of social objectives. (to paraphrase with the succinct passages)

Terrorism is terrorism, it's causing terror in people to get them to do what a particular group wants them to do.

Thugs are homegrown terrorists, no more, no less.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Major,
Thanks a bunch for posting those definitions. I agree that it is terror. I have heard many different definitions of terror. To me the simplest one is committing a crime with the intent of changing or influencing public opinion.
I think this crime fits that definition.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So, the question is, if the govgoons are so hot on the War on Terror, why aren't they doing something about this homegrown terrorism?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Major,
yes that is a very good question. Since you brought it up, in my opinion, many crimes both blue and white collar, can fall under the laws of terror. For example, when the government secrets leek out it is always to change public opinion, since secretes are classified it is a crime, and there for punishable under the terror laws. I would sure like to see a few of the politisches get charged with terror for doing that. But then I expect we would see the terror laws get changed real fast.

top topics

join