It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucer Fever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Is there a correlation that UFO sightings are dis info or hoaxes and that of the presses coined term "flying saucer" Kenneth Arnold's sighting was the one to spark the mad craze.

the press quickly coining the new terms "flying saucer" and "flying disk" to describe such objects, many of which were reported within days after Arnold's sighting.

But his UFOs where not saucer shaped but rather shaped like this in his drawing

After wards many reports flooding in reporting "saucer' shaped UFOs? Coincidence that they match the medias term? What I am asking is had the media coined the term flying box which is an inaccurate description of a triangle UFO and hundreds of reports of box shaped UFOs came in, thats proof of a hoax.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by AMANNAMEDQUEST]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have no idea if it is a hoax or not. I've never seen a flying saucer or met an alien. (Though I have an ex girlfriend who swears I'm an abductee.)

UFO's are appearing way too much to just be written off as a hoax. Either something is actually happening or a worldwide delusion is driving us all mad.

I don't care one way or the other. If it is a delusion, fine. If aliens exist, thats fine too.

I just want to know the truth, and that is not too much to ask.

wupy

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That's a legitimate consideration. But the trouble is, the saucer shape description pre-dates 1947.

Exekiel:

...there was a living Spirit inside of the wheels; they each had the same shape...like a wheel in the middle of another wheel.

1290 AD:

While the abbot and monks were in the refectorium, a flat round, shining, silvery object (discus) flew over the abbey and caused the utmost terror. Byland, North Yorkshire: from William of Newburghs Chronicle

Here's an interesting one from Belgium 1917:

German Air Force Ace Peter Waitzrik and the famed Baron Manfred von Richtofen were flying a mission over western Belgium when an object with undulating orange lights suddenly appeared in a clear, blue sky directly ahead of their Fokker triplanes.

Both were terrified and assumed it was some type of US aircraft (The US had just entered the war). The Baron immediately opened fire and the thing went down like a rock, shearing off tree limbs as it crashed in the woods.

Then two little bald headed occupants climbed out of it and ran away. Waitzrik described the craft as silvery in color about 40 meters in diameter and resembling a saucer placed upside down.

The two bruised but otherwise unhurt occupants ran into the woods and were never seen again.

And so forth and so on, you get the idea. News reporters inaccurately describing Arnold's sighting didn't originate the saucer-shaped ufo.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wow! So the Red Baron shot down an alien craft piloted by 2 EBE's! Good find, yuefo! That story alone deserves it's own thread!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
Wow! So the Red Baron shot down an alien craft piloted by 2 EBE's! Good find, yuefo! That story alone deserves it's own thread!

I can't tell--is that sarcasm?
If so, the veracity of the report isn't the point, only that saucer-shaped descriptions predate 1947.

[edit on 6/24/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just saw the DVD on Unsolved Mysteries Hudson Valley UFO

and the motor placement was the same in the same shape.

People now say it may be a Horton flying wing but I think the

wing had the plasma motor installed giving off the circular light.

The UFO can be any shape or size, but I think it must be metal.

Thinking aluminum is the best but experiment with old submarines

may have taken place.

new topics

top topics

join