It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musharif Saved by Jamming Device.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It would seem that the latest attempts on the Pakistani president's life were foiled by a jamming device.
In both incidents, roadside remote control bombs were used and they failed to explode until after his motorcade had passed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Understandably, Pakistan security forces are reluctant to talk about this method of avoiding attack. From what I can understand, the equipment must be quite sizeable as it would seem to require a whole vehicle to carry it. Or could I be wrong? Would it be possible to have a much smaller, portable device which would be able to travel in the potential target's car?
If so, this could have major ramifications for military use. Take for example Iraq. A lot of coalition casualties are being caused by remote roadside bombs. A jamming device could render this sort of attack on military vehicles redundant.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
whatever the size of the device might be, it's probably cost lots of $$$$. Don't think the government would shell out the big bucks for every convoy they have...again i don't how this jamming device works, I mean how much coverage would it provide?

but I bet all the "big players" in the game has one already.

join