It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happens when you die?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If there is one constant in this Galaxy, is that everything within it slowly goes toward a 10,000 light-year long Black Hole that sits at the center. The Milky Way itself has been estimated to be only 100,000 lightyears in diameter.

Therefore, I postulate that our souls make a return to the source of creation, which could very well be a black hole; more specifically, the quantum singularity which resides at the very heart of every black hole.

A lot of cultures in the past have likened to this idea, and even the culturally acceptable idea of a "tunnel with a light at the end" resembles some of the fundamental aspects of a black hole.

They usually called it a stargate or an omega point, from which all life sprang and eventually returns. As for what happens inside or within it, I would imagine, is again commanded by the spirit's perception and interaction with the singularity. This means that within the heart of eternity, the possibilities are endless but promising, indeed.

We all have a promising existence to look forward to when our biological one has expired here on Earth; this I am sure of, with no exceptions being made. The differences in that kind of interaction has to lie in the personal perspective developed by the spirit or soul that enters the singularity.

for more on black holes, i just posted an easy-to-read thread on his complex area of science.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Templar
The evidence that science demands and presents is increasing about our world, we are matter and the laws of science apply to us like they apply to everything else. In other words you become unaware after 'death'

Here we go again...
. Your understanding of scientific "fact" is kinda outdated. We don't even know anymore what matter really is.
Furthermore, the notion that you become unaware after "death" and that your consciousness ceases is nothing more than scientific dogma. Untill recent decades, the chance that a scientists would have the courage to study such thing as consciousness and whether the mind is dependent on the brain or not, without having the fear of being ridiculed by his peers and having is scientific career ruined was close to zero.

Yet there are different scientists who had the cojones to study such things and who have come to the conclusion that the mind could be and probably is indepenent of the brain!!! (John Eccles, David Bohm etc...)

In the mainstream scientific community, this topic is stil pretty much taboo.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would like it if there was an After-Life. Thinking about the "lights" going off then that's it sounds boring. I want to be reincarnated or something. And maybe that "Light" when your dying is just your Brain having one final seisure before packing it's bags and calling it a life.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join