It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happens when you die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just wondering what other people's beliefs in this are. Do we really go to heaven or is it "lights out"?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Just wondering what other people's beliefs in this are. Do we really go to heaven or is it "lights out"?

I have had a near death experiance so I belive the soul goes on.

To where I dont have a freaking clue, but I KNOW you survive the body at least for a while.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Anuk perhaps you think you know because your brains got no oxygen so you had a feeling which you normally wouldn't have.

I believe in reincarnation, but on the other side I don't. I do not know exactly which one I am going to choose, but most likely the one of reincarnation (and no not because it makes me feel more happy, but because I think there is more logic to it).

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I do believe the soul moves on.

I heard that when you die, your body weighs 21 grams less. Scientists don't know why that is, but a lot of people believe it's your soul departing your body.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is a great topic.......

Here is another thread with many views already on it.

Click Here

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Anuk perhaps you think you know because your brains got no oxygen so you had a feeling which you normally wouldn't have.

I have heard that arguement before but in my case at least I dont belive it. I know what I saw. I dont have a stake in this arguement one way or another. I am not pushing any religious or non religious agenda so I really dont care if anyone else belives it or not.

We will all find out some day

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Despite the many varied beliefs, you ask a question that has continually been asked for quite literally, ages.
I do not believe the answer will be ever satisfactorily answered, to the point, when people will stop asking such a question.

My personal belief is that we all came from "The Source" and when we die, we will return to that very same "Source". What transpires after that, I will not hazard a guess. I do not fear my eventual 'death', but I do not relish 'death' either....I tend to enjoy the moment and live for the "here" and "now".

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I heard also, people that have near death experiences and claim to have seen the light, that the light you see is actually caused by the brain due to, I think, lack of oxygen

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I heard also, people that have near death experiences and claim to have seen the light, that the light you see is actually caused by the brain due to, I think, lack of oxygen

I did not see any light or jesus or my grandma or santa or barney or anybody else. But I did watch them opperate on me, finally stop the bleeding from a gaping hole in my chest and restart my heart. As soon as the paddles hit me my eyes jerked open and I was back in my body where I promptly passed out from lack of blood and shock.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrange

Right-wingers go to Heaven with God and left-wingers go to hell with Satan.

Seriously, who can really say what's happening when we die ? We can just wondering.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I believe that we continue to exsist on some level, as about 5 years ago i had a couple of scary incedents.

The first incedent happened one night when i was in bed. I woke in the eary hours to see myself looking down on my body as if i was hovering above it. It was very scary and i can remember thinking i have to get back to my body, and screamimg for someone to come in my room. the weird thing is tho the more i tried to scream nothing was comming out of my mouth. i can remember trying grab hold of my back as i tried to get back to my body. The next thing i knew i was back in my body and very scared. I had trouble sleeping for a couple of nights after that event.

The second incedent happen about 3 days after the one above. I was lying on my bed in the middle of the afternoon chilling then all of a shudden i felt the top half of my body seperate from possibley my soul from the waist up, it was weird. It only happened for a short period of time but it was very scary all the same.

From the these 2 events i am convinced that we do think and remember after death

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
]

Right-wingers go to Heaven with God and left-wingers go to hell with Satan.

Seriously, who can really say what's happening when we die ? We can just wondering.

I can guarantee Bush won't be in heaven!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I tend to think that our energy transforms into something else. That energy is not necessarily consciousness, and you probably won't retain any memories, nor will you be anything resembling life in the least. Of course this is all speculation, but I think it'll be more comparable to an electron jumping orbit into another atom, or electricity finding it's way to ground. Energy doesn't think, it only does what it does. When it's depleted, it's not gone, but merely transformed to become a part of something else. To me, "life" is just energy, in one of it's infinite number of forms. Dying will be the greatest adventure of your lifetime, but you won't even know you're dead. Your body is just a host for this energy. Like a toy that runs on batteries, your consciousness only works until that energy moves on. When it does, you'll cease to exist, by your comprehension of existence.

Once again, this is pure speculation. I won't be so arrogant to claim that I know what happens.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
sorry to inform you all but you all come from a state of non-existance and when you die you return to a state of non-existance. scary eh, why do you think religion takes the form it does, because the truth is to awful for most people to contemplate. and you try controlling the "masses" if they thought they were gona just be around for 70 years or so then fade away. civilisation would collapse.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, I personally believe that after you die, your soul then leaves your body and floats around for a while (this explains ghosts... they were the people that loved jokes or were violent). Of course a super defective soul (e.g. Hitler) is simply absorbed into... the thing from where we all spawned. After the afterlife you get reincarnated.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think it is very possible that you go on as a point of energy or something. I saw a lttle orb a week or so ago that could have been a soul. i dont have a clue of what happens but i think most possibilities are open especially lights out.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I tend to think that our energy transforms into something else. That energy is not necessarily consciousness, and you probably won't retain any memories, nor will you be anything resembling life in the least. Of course this is all speculation, but I think it'll be more comparable to an electron jumping orbit into another atom, or electricity finding it's way to ground. Energy doesn't think, it only does what it does. When it's depleted, it's not gone, but merely transformed to become a part of something else. To me, "life" is just energy, in one of it's infinite number of forms. Dying will be the greatest adventure of your lifetime, but you won't even know you're dead. Your body is just a host for this energy. Like a toy that runs on batteries, your consciousness only works until that energy moves on. When it does, you'll cease to exist, by your comprehension of existence.

Once again, this is pure speculation. I won't be so arrogant to claim that I know what happens.

That's a good theory I've never heard before. I would like to believe there is an afterlife but, this theory may very well be possible

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In my personal oppinion after death you just move onto another form of existence, like electron jumping from atom. We are now in physical or conscious form, after death we might change into any form - we can never be sure.

Ozzie you make a good arguement we come from a state of non-existence. In my mind it makes sense why religion was formed, it gives us something to hope for, like praying.

"Death is a form in which you live only in other people's memories." Unknown

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
but the main question about souls, and reincarnations is, do you still have the memory?

i think that the saddest part of reincarnation is that you don't have your memory, everyone you loved, is forgotten and that is very sad

so you won't remember anything after you die, which means "lights out"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join