It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyle Lograsso-Four-Year-Old Golf Prodigy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is an incredible story. A kid, who at age two is diagnosed with cancer in both his eyes, is too sick to go out an play with the other kids, and sits at home watching the golf channel and at four, his best score for nine holes is 36.

[edit on 2007/6/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That is an awsome story!

Best of luck to the little guy. I really hope we see his name on the leader board in 15 years from now.

Just phoned the cable company and have added the Golf channel and strapped my 3 year old in to a chair in front of the TV.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What a great story! What's really surprising is that he can even hit the ball with no depth perception. That's just God given ability right there.

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Cancer sucks, as does golf, imao.

Good on the kid for overcoming cancer...

imao its a parent trying to live through the child but thats a whole other topic...

"sigh" if only I wouldve been recognized for my uber gaming skillz as a child... carcinogenesis just didn't wanna happen in meh then "sigh"

one day.

ohh there is a blind kid who can play video games and such, has learned a form of sonar????

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
imao its a parent trying to live through the child but thats a whole other topic...

If you would watch the video carefully, you'd see that that is not true and why.

Here's a Golf Digest article about Kyle:

Kyle Lograsso is an affirmative answer to the seldom-asked question: Can you become golf-obsessed before leaving diapers? You can, it turns out, if your father is a Marine visiting Korea while stationed in Japan and your television delivers the Golf Channel.

"We have no idea why, but for hours he watched nothing else, just glued to golf," says Jeff Lograsso, a staff sergeant who'd never played the game. In front of the TV, transfixed, the boy made phantom swings in copy of what he'd seen on the screen, mostly Tiger Woods winning.

For Kyle's second birthday, celebrated in Japan, his parents bought him a driver, 7-iron and putter. Now he has PlayStation 2 starring Tiger Woods, and from the far side of the room comes Kyle's sudden narration, "HOLE-IN-ONE!" A minute later, with a fist pump: "DOUBLE EAGLE!" His bedroom is a shrine of Tiger photographs, Tiger books, Tiger games and Tiger club covers.

Courage of a Tiger

The public response to this story has been quite phenomenal:

Talk Back: The Kyle Lograsso story

Golf Digest-The Editor's Blog-Kyle Lograsso

Golf Digest-The Editor's Blog-Kyle Lograsso 2

Golf Digest-Photo Gallery-Kyle Lograsso

[edit on 2007/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
CNN and Fox News have already force fed it to me quite a few times.

Good on him I hope he makes a bajillion dollars and gets lasers eyes like I've desired for a good 13 years of my life.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter to me if the kid decides next week that he never wants to see another golf club for the rest of his life. He wouldn't be the first kid to change the direction of his life from some promising beginning.

What is so compelling about this story is the odds the kid overcame and the myriad ways the story could have been so different:

1. He wasn't expected to live but a few more months after diagnosis.

2. He could have lost both eyes, just as quickly as he lost one.

3. He could have watched cartoons instead of the Golf Channel and learned virtually nothing.

The fact that he can play nine holes in 36 shots at age five is not really the story.

The story is really about the human spirit and the potential that is a human child.

[edit on 2007/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
thank teh lawd for modern medical sciences!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I knew sooner or later I would find a good use for the ignore button.

new topics

top topics

join