It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from the Smoky Mountains!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I suppose I should stop in here and formally introduce myself; after all, I am making comments and am already in a few heated debates with some intelligent and informed persons and I am really enjoying the ATS format and people.

I am 55 years old, retired disabled from a sales career, an Air Force veteran of the Vietnam era who really focuses on civil rights, police misconduct, UFO's ( I am a black triangle witness, hence the handle ), and a variety of subjects, most importantly the 9-11 inside job that is as obvious as can be.

I live with two of my three kids in the mountains of western North Carolina, a very rural area. We are not too far from Cherokee. I write articles for the local paper and am known as an editorial letter writer who gets published frequently. I concentrate on the DRUG WAR , police misconduct ,educating the masses of their Constitutional Rights.

I am left leaning although a conservative person generally. I encourage people to excercise their rights by learning how to respond to cops in any situation, and I LOVE to see the cops get their comeuppance when they screw up and get caught.

I am involved in a few discussions here now: The Criss Angel thread, Carrying Identification at all times thread, and several others. I am opinionated and bold, but always open to admitting that my beliefs are changeble depending on new info. I respect others views and I try never to be too hard on others as we all have our levels of learning and areas of expertise and already a few well placed comments have made me consider my positions of a few subjects, and that is a good thing !!

I thank in advance the people here for allowing me to participate and I promise to engage in civilzed and respectful exchange of ideas at all times...if I ever get too strident, just tell me and I will back off and apologize. I NEVER want to lower the bar; raising it ensures that the future ATS will be even better than it is now, and that is saying something !!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Don't forget to use the search feature, it really helps.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hey eyewitness86 and welcome

I hope you have a long stay here

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
I live with two of my three kids in the mountains of western North Carolina, a very rural area. We are not too far from Cherokee.

Howdy Tarheel, Asheville area here, just over the ridge. Welcome aboard.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Step inside my friend....
...and prepare to be enlightened
Welcome to the best and most enlightening conspiracy forums on the w.w.w.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS, eyewitness86!

Be sure to get yourself familar with the T&C - Don't want to break any rules

Also check out BTS - A laid back place to joke around and talk about any subject you could imagine.

As well as Above Politics all your Politic interests.

HERE is your very own customizable ATS profile. Tell a little about yourself and leave comments on other member's profiles.

If you have any questions just ask; I am always willing to help

And have fun

Enjoies

You sound like a very interesting person, glad to have you on ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Welcome, eyewitness86!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Many thanks for all of these great replies and offers of help. Very warming and I will read all of the necessary links to know how and what to do..and Not do!

Glad to see someone close by in Asheville..I go there quite often and maybe someday we can get together and have lunch and chat !!

Once again , many thanks for the welcome, and I will look forward to a long and exciting experience here on ATS.

Rich

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hi, welcome to ATS. I'm also not too far away in the upstate of South Carolina. I don't check this site as often as I once did but it is very interesting and has subject material I don't find anywhere else. Anyway welcome.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome to abovetopsecret

have a nice stay

new topics

top topics

join