It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD creates computerised alternate reality - SWS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I find it amazing how leaders in command could one day use such simulation scenarios as their own tactical plans based on y the results.

Just think, command decisions involving:

* After-effects of global nuclear war
* After-effects of biological/chemical warfare
* Domestic revolt to "change"
* Bird flu outbreak
* Social effect of extreme weather

It is my opinion that they are already doing things of this nature. Nothing is released as possible unless it has already been developed and being utilized. TPTB now just want to desensitize you to unknown before it is known. Matrix movies were the beginnings, after all we are living and by living we are in a third dimension material existence directed by time and universal laws.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

I am not surprised that the US-gov has something like this. Of course they are usually thinking about a way to edge out other nations and/or groups so they need someway to do a `test run` of any idea before putting into the planning and action stage. This is troublesome that they have something like this but it is better than them testing their dirty little plans on us.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
wow, that's bonkers....

I can't imagine this being used for anything good....

I also can't imagine it being very useful beyond guesstimating...

I mean you if you sit enough people with diverse backgrounds in a room, they would do a better job of predicting future events should A come across B and C......ect

I mean it is a cool concept to explore but really it is not practical IMO...

they could sell it and make a fortune having people pay in the real world and then again in an alternate world...to like run around and do whatever.....

It would be cool if something like the holo-bands from the TV show Caprica came about because of it....

battlestar gallactica.....droool.....

EDIT:
nice to see you around simon....
edit on 6-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. This is so cool and scary. Mostly cool. (Or is it scary?
)

I believe if they can implement this on a large enough scale, they will have an accurate enough approximation of a predictive model for reality.

The implications and potential uses are SO far-ranging.

I'd like to apologize for anything negative I may have ever said about the good folks in power. Please add this data to your model.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SimonGray
I recently came across this news article about a piece of software called Synthetic Environment for Analysis and Simulations - SEAS, which has been adopted and tailored by the Deparment of Defence into a simulation program called Sentient World Simulation.

The DOD is developing a parallel to Planet Earth, with billions of individual "nodes" to reflect every man, woman, and child this side of the dividing line between reality and AR.

Called the Sentient World Simulation (SWS), it will be a "synthetic mirror of the real world with automated continuous calibration with respect to current real-world information", according to a concept paper for the project.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yank a country's water supply. Stage a military coup. SWS will tell you what happens next.

"The idea is to generate alternative futures with outcomes based on interactions between multiple sides," said Purdue University professor Alok Chaturvedi, co-author of the SWS concept paper.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Original source for both quotes above - www.theregister.com...

I think this is quite a scary concept to be created, and could/would be used to see just how far military/government interaction could be pushed to it's absolute limits to test citizen revolt and response.

The intricacy of the simulation software is obviously very advanced, and is even being pitched to DARPA and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for possible applications.

Articles like this one lost in time, are what make ATS such a viable place of Information. Glad I found this one in the arch. Now I want to understand more about this and how it works, and this was back in 2007.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SimonGray

This is quite a scary concept. That being said, I wonder if this is something that will make a move from Military use to Civilian use, like the Internet did. Aa someone already said, like an ultra-realistic version of Sims. Like the ultimate avatar chat room.

Imagine if we could don a VR headset and step into this virtual world? The future is indeed exciting and scary, don't forget scary...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mechanic 32
Welcome to the real life Matrix???

I don't like the sound of this...

Yeah, my next question was, isn't this the beginning of the Matrix?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bumpity bump..

Just imagine what this thing is up to now....

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007
Just imagine what this thing is up to now....

I'm thinking of buying some land in this virtual reality and settling down with a nice bot, maybe raise a few algorithms.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SimonGray

Makes sense. They live in a world governed by game theory. Knowing the possible outcomes to different events is their bread and butter.

Scary day when they take the softwares word as law when it starts telling them that a potential enemy is going to attack.

Do you second guess the tools built by flawed people or trust that what is on the screen is real?

In any event, we are looking at the future of the gaming industry. I say in 20 years people will be able to run similar simulations at home.

Its a cool thought. Scary and awesome at the same time.

We can use this software to predict possible directions for our civilization. It may provide a means to know when we will reach various crossroads as a species...it really is interesting to consider.

edit on 2 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join