It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bash Bash Bash Bash????????????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
As we all know there have been quite a few strange threads posted up over the last few days all claiming to know the truth and are such people as "Goverment Employees" etc etc. Yes i agree that such threads can seem quite laughable and are trolls or disinfo.

Thing i have noticed is that this bashing of a thread within the first page seems to be spilling into other non related threads like its the new ATS trend to bash bash and bash a little more. ATS used to be a place that no matter how hilarious the thread sounded it would result in a full on investigation of questions and answers and almost all the time we would catch out the hoax. Now it just seems to be bash, bash, bash and scare them off before the end of the first page. Then we get other posters saying "They must of been lying, 2 posts in 4 pages eh"

Is it any wonder they dont reply knowing they are going to get ridiculed and bashed the second they touch their keyboard.

I say return to the old way of if you dont believe it then ask for some logical answers to your questions.

One day soon (If it already hasnt happened) a truth will be posted on ATS yet they will be bashed into oblivion by the end of the first page and will never return to answer our questions with some other poster saying "Huh look another liar, We did it guys".

Courtesy, respect and intelligent discussion used to be the way of ATS and made it what it is today.

Give them all a chance to explain and enjoy the discussion.

Im sick of seeing people with good topical threads being scared away because the mindset lately seems to be "WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, GO AWAY"

I have commented on one of these threads how i thought it could be disinfo or a troll however i then asked some truth seeking questions. Then i saw this new trend for thread bashing spilling all over the place.

ATS is better than this!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

Thing i have noticed is that this bashing of a thread within the first page seems to be spilling into other non related threads like its the new ATS trend to bash bash and bash a little more.

absolutely, I responded earlier today telling it as I saw it. One of the first things I admired about ATS when I first joined (Serpo days) was the way the members investigated and analysed the OPs assertions. It does appear lately, that a lot of people are not adding to the discussion, just making comments like 'pffft' and 'your beliefs/thoughts amuse me'...

It is a shame.

Courtesy, respect and intelligent discussion used to be the way of ATS and made it what it is today.

Well I have only been here since Serpo so can only make a comparative from then.

cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
I admired about ATS when I first joined (Serpo days) was the way the members investigated and analysed the OPs assertions.

Thats progress for you it isn`t always benificial.Especially when a site such as this brings so many different people.

Example:
The Vampire believers get bored with nothing on there thread then may enter into the UFO and troll etc etc etc.

Maybe the site threads should split off and run seperatly but then the hits reduce the ads dissappear and SImon, Skeptic,Springer have to get normal 9-5 jobs to pay the bills.

Its a difficult position to be in.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP, IMOP it is some of the newer members that jump into the threads, with" your a fraud, fake, this guys a nut" and what not. Scaring the original OP away while members that ask important questions that can lead to proof of a hoax or not go un-answered. Some stories come across as wild or imaginative we should give these people enough time to prove them selves, or enough rope. All it takes is a bit of time and maybe a bit of research (googling)
The members here are very good at providing information for and against subjects and I think thats where we are slipping a bit.
Jumping from A to C without verifying B, short cuts that could burn us in the end.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you want to study what in my opinion is the best possible Hoax or no possible true thread on ATS check out member Kangaxx and read the thread he started.

I`ll try and post the link too it but I`m a new member and don`t yet no how too.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
All forty pages are in Predictions and prophecies entitled "Aliens will comeback in an official way this year".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
LOL Kangaxx now he was a caricature, I had seen him on another board a year or so ago repeating the same story.

Kangaxx it's only 40 pages, that was 3 years ago
Aliens will "comeback" in a official way this year!

Edit
oups nescafe8572 found the link before me

[edit on 24/6/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well its 2007 and so far nothing he has stated has ever come true.in 2004 he stated they would start slowly showing themselves etc etc etc.

There was a lot of butt kissing to which he answered which resulted in more butt kissing until the skeptics turned up asked some difficult questions to which the author got all sensitive and started ignoring, once the butt kissers started to smell a rat they tried to get more out.Eventually it all got out of control author started getting all umpty and the thread got chopped............

We see everyday here the same predictions etc etc etc.

Maybe were really all looking for something that isn`t gonna happen.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I remeber now he posted a photo of a creature from under the earth, then ATS members found its a sculpture in Wookey hole caves in the UK.

That was funny, everybody really excited up until that was proved fake.

SR

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I have to agree with the OP, IMOP it is some of the newer members that jump into the threads, with" your a fraud, fake, this guys a nut" and what not. Scaring the original OP away while members that ask important questions that can lead to proof of a hoax or not go un-answered. Some stories come across as wild or imaginative we should give these people enough time to prove them selves, or enough rope. All it takes is a bit of time and maybe a bit of research (googling)
The members here are very good at providing information for and against subjects and I think thats where we are slipping a bit.
Jumping from A to C without verifying B, short cuts that could burn us in the end.

Sometimes it takes more experienced users or a mod to just tell them to shut up and sit down. I remember when i first joined i did the same thing in the 9/11 forum and a David Icke thread but you older members weren't nasty about it they just pointed out the glaring obvious that i was talking out of my ass without bringing any real evidence etc.

While the experienced members provided a learning curve by asking questions and debating etc. which benefitted myself anyway you always get the odd idiot who will argue or troll for the sake of it though and doesn't take the advice to sit back and learn something.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's all about how they present themselves in the opening post, imo. If they claim to have knowledge to share with us, be it regarding some type of disclosure, or having "absolut proof", I think that most members here would like to see at least part of that in the opening post.

But that usually never happens. That is the first sign of "hoax", imo.

Then they request that we ask questions. Of course they do, it is much easier for them to fabricate answers one at a time, then decribe a whole scenario up front. That is another sign, again in my opinion.

If anyone would have such knowledge, this is what I have been repeatedly asking, without answers so far...

"If they have such information, why not just make several long posts, spilling whatever information that they have?"

Also, if someone did have information as described, why bring it here? - There are many, many other outlets that can distribute this information far and wide and much faster than a discussion board on the internet.

And lastly, I have yet to see one of these alledged hoaxters bring forth verifiable evidence that they worked for any government agency (the ones who claim such) at any time.

Nevermind that they don't bring ANY verifiable evidence of their claims. Only stories, or single unverifiable responses to specific questions.

my 3 cents on this matter.

eidt = typo.

[edit on 6/24/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ya know, this is a great topic. I have seen such a lack of class and dignity in so many threads. Sometimes I have to fight the urge to explode on people who jump into any thread with nothing more than a

"Your crazy"
"What are you smoking"

Etcetera.
These personal attacks, 6 times out of 10, are not followed up by tangible, countering facts. They are followed with tasteless advice like

"Go back to wherever..."
"Why don't you take a brick and..."

I try really hard not to post something everytime. When I do, I fully expect for that poster's wrath to come upon me. It's okay though. I understand their words can't harm me, and maybe it will give the OP a chance to ignore the jab at him/her and continue with their story.
I swear, if ya don't have any- for or against- a given threads topic, don't post. Please.

Here's to class, a slowly dying facet of humankind.

There are a lot of Members with class, I won't besmirch your names by adding you to my complaint. You know who you are, and you know your posting stands on it's own merit.
The ogres know who they are. My advice to the ogres? Think twice, post once.

My $0.02
Cuhail

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello, with all due respect to your comments, I would like to respond, citing a thread based on FALSE FLAG UFO WAR IN AUGUST or words top that effect. My responses are enclosed in []...

Originally posted by thesaint
Thing i have noticed is that this bashing of a thread within the first page seems to be spilling into other non related threads like its the new ATS trend to bash bash and bash a little more.

[Here I must share in 's opinion, where he states that:]

It's all about how they present themselves in the opening post, imo.

[If someone wants to present an honest opinion, then they must have some supporting information to demonstrate credibility, or we will fall foul of accepting everything as fact, until proven guilty, without a shred of anything more than the poster's words to go by. I agree that we should show due respect for an OP's thread but feel we all have the blessing of logic, which tends to prevail over these types of OP sweeping statements and begs the negative response.]

ATS used to be a place that no matter how hilarious the thread sounded it would result in a full on investigation of questions and answers... [and that is what has happened here, not bashing, merely questioning the validity of the OP]

...and almost all the time we would catch out the hoax. Now it just seems to be bash, bash, bash and scare them off before the end of the first page. Then we get other posters saying "They must of been lying, 2 posts in 4 pages eh"

[if we scared them off, maybe they weren't genuine? do you think we could scare off a genuine OP if they really were speaking the truth?]

Is it any wonder they dont reply knowing they are going to get ridiculed and bashed the second they touch their keyboard. [A true and genuine person would persist, and show supporting information, regardless of the 'negative' responses]

I say return to the old way of if you dont believe it then ask for some logical answers to your questions. [Again, if the poster hadn´t left us with a comment like...."I won´t be around for a while", then we wouldn't question his or her credibility, and as you can see, very intelligent questions have been posted, by both accepters and non- accepters of the thread]

Courtesy, respect and intelligent discussion used to be the way of ATS and made it what it is today. [It has not changed, only gotten more discerning with members becoming more wary of the trolls and wild claims - as seen before]

Give them all a chance to explain and enjoy the discussion.

Im sick of seeing people with good topical threads being scared away because the mindset lately seems to be "WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, GO AWAY"

I have commented on one of these threads how i thought it could be disinfo or a troll however i then asked some truth seeking questions. Then i saw this new trend for thread bashing spilling all over the place.

ATS is better than this!!!!

I think that thread bashing as you call it is wrong, but lets draw a line between a bash, and whether you agree or not with the poster.

This thread I refer to is currently exploding, not because of the is he false is he real argument, but because the implications of the title having such an impact on conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Every poster is entitled to his or her opinion, and bashers will be identified, but let's not make others afraid to question what is being said, for fear of being accused of bashing, we should all be mature enough to make that call.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572

Example:
The Vampire believers get bored with nothing on there thread then may enter into the UFO and troll etc etc etc.

OH

MY

GOD

There are Vampire Forums????

Can i please get mod permission to play dracula for a few days????

PLEASE!!!!!!!

=P

Coven out

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There in the Mythical Beast section.Check the home page.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

There in the Mythical Beast section.Check the home page.

Well, I have just logged in and read some updates of various threads.

I actually feel embarressed at the comments in some of the threads.

You nescafe8572 have been here 2 seconds and I read your style in Omega's thread... who had to tell you to stop trolling his thread.
You were telling him that his thread was in the wrong forum...for 2 pages pushing your point...

Sorry but why is all those paragrahs in a Military and Govt projects thread and why do you have to write so much drivel before getting to the point.

Where is the piece stated its a Military govt project ?

At the moment there are three threads discussing the same subject one started by a mod Advisor its the CIA declassifying doc`s so I wouldn`t hold my breath about anybody moving this as the mods seem to be sleeping at the moment or Aliens have abducted them

This should then be dealt within in the Politcal consp or Current events...

Do you have difficult reading and understanding, I wrote there are three threads of the same topic which isn`t ment to happen. Its the mods job to prevent multiple threads of the same topic, we are advised in the T&C that before posting a new topic we should Search the site to prevent duplicating.A mod should have checked.

end of page one...

Nescafe

I am ignoring all your trolling comments and you keep asking the same question, look at the heading of the thread grouping .
If all you want to do is interrupt the flow of this thread then i suggest you find something to better your time otherwise the appropriate action will be taken.
Please look at the thread group heading take into account the common laws of literacy and punctuation and think about it.
Please don't continue to troll and bait in this thread.
If its not supposed to be in here it will be relocated, let it go.
Omega

after another 2 comments

OMG,

Military AND government projects.
It is not one thing
It is two sub categories .
Please can you stop interfering with the flow of this thread like that.
As i said before if it doesnt belong here then it will be moved by a moderator so stop stressing about it, If you want to comment and post in here then make your comments relevant to the post focus at hand .

Omega

[edit on 24-6-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Maybe the site threads should split off and run seperatly but then the hits reduce the ads dissappear and SImon, Skeptic,Springer have to get normal 9-5 jobs to pay the bills.

Its a difficult position to be in.

why are you here? In more than one thread you keep bringing up how this site makes money and that the owners are in for the money and talk about them getting real jobs etc.

Are you jealous of them?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
IMO the problem (and therefore the cause of the bashing) with most of the posters who profess intimate knowledge of "the alien agenda" etc., is that they consistently do not have the capability to convey their "tales" with any skill or finesse.

What I'm referring to is a constant lack of sometimes even basic typing skills, which for people who supposedly work in the scientific and/or government field is a highly unlikely. Surely, if you are employed to make reports on delicate or important subjects they have to be clear and precise. It's strange that those skills are mysterioiusly lost when they post on ATS.

No matter how convincing the post may start off, sooner or later you can almost feel them getting into the swing of the story, especially after recieving favourable replies. That's an admirable, and desirable, talent if you're a writer, but not when you're trying to convince several thousand skeptically minded people of your authenticity.

Now I know it's not right to just scream hoaxer, but sometimes the hoaxee is so darn blatantly trying to scam us that it is tempting to just let fly. We can all smell that kind of rat at a hundred paces, and it brings out the worst in some of us. Reserve and decorum are hard to maintain in the face of such obvious under-bridge-dwellers.

But, you have to then take into account that we may well get (and please, if it's possible, let it happen) a real whistleblower post a thread on these boards. This Someone may not be particularly literary minded, and can only type as he/she would normally (eg. clean and clinical, straight forward and simply worded data).

How easy, and disasterous, would it be to read their post and yell hoax because of the effect of timewasters who thought it would be fun to wind up the conspiracy geeks?

I agree with all who have said that the theoretical real poster, who could bear knowledge that could change all our lives (or at least help to prepare us for it being changed), may well think twice before joining ATS, and possibly be put off totally from setting down their burden amongst us.

Maybe there should be a private forum set up on ATS, where those who want to start this sort of thread put their case to the mods and admin first? Utilising ATS's staff's ability to spot the wheat from the chaff surley would, in the long run, save us bickering amongst ourselves as to whether a post is genuine or not.
We have, after all, got better things to discuss.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I wrote in Omega thread because he`s disscussing the welfare state of Australia not carrying out its duties ie at the moment there discussing baby payments.i didn`t think Military & Government Projects was the right place.I also pointed ou there are three seperate threads posting the same info about the CIA releasing documents.The mods seemed to be away for the last few days.

As for being here 2 minutes yes i have, so.

Troll nope, I`ve been interested in Conspiricies for years, but the way some people view this site has resulted in the need to explain to them this is also a business I`ve only felt the need to explain this to people who seem to have lost that thought.

You have read my posts, I`ve also stated there is absolutly nothing wrong with that.

I`m happy to state that I havn`t worked as a spook,never seen a UFO,never seen a ghost,never seen a military secret project,never seen a vampire, don`t have any experiences that many write about here, I`m no expert on every subject disscussed here.i`m interested to know if any of the subjects are here should i be looking for NWO and learn how they operate, ofcourse.We are constantly learning.

I`m also not in the minority of people here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join