It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody is a Genius Unless God is Unjust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
But God is not unjust. The power that a human exerts when exercising "perfect" equity is rare but it occurs, like a judge exercising a "perfect" decision. But imagine the power of equity that can be exercised by a Being that can create an entire Universe.

Hopefully, we all know the power of what one word in thought can exercise. Each word an have Infinite meanings and a baby that died of a congenital heart disease can be thought of as a genius in language just for having thought of the word "God", "Mom", or "Dad." The so-called "mentally retarded" are as gifted mentally as Einstein, another Nobel Prize winner, a President of the USA, a Prime Minister of England, or an Emperor of an Empire. By the way, I am "mentally retarded" in words but have some gifts in numbers. I do not, however, consider myself smarter than anybody.

Naturally, life is not about becoming a "genius." It is naturally imbued in all of us by a Creator who can create a galaxy at a moment's will.

Anybody else sick of competitive nations and and ranking systems? Anybody else sick about competition? Competition corrupts us and leads us to where we do not want to go.

Love to all.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
GreatTech,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with competition -as the saying goes, 'it improves the breed'. However, I believe that sporting competition should be viewed as competition between individuals rather than between national teams (for instance the Olympics) as that is but a form of Nationalism, and Nationalism is a divisive influence.

You confuse competition with greed. That is what you are referring to.

Much of the world disguises its greed behind the word 'competition'.

When companies or Countries say that they want to 'compete' in a market, what they are really saying is they want to eliminate any competition and attain a position of monopoly.

The Winged Wombat

[edit on 24/6/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The Winged Wombat, good comment. I have been somewhat influenced by you and I thank you for it. I believe that we are ALL part of God's plan (no matter whether we only believe in Dio (Italian), Dieu (French), Dios (Spanish), or are a non-believer)... If we cannot love all, who can we truly love? Sometimes I wonder if the most Spiritual people on earth are the most earthly and far from being the most Heavenly. I work in medical research and occasionally find myself being greedy to be the "solver" of heart disease and cancer. Diseases are usually caused by life-form-mechanics (action perpetrated by microbes), or non-life-mechanics (action perpetrated by chemicals). This can be interpreted as a competition or even greed in extreme cases but does greed and its negative consequences really have anything to do with our future life when we are all destined for Eternal Life?

As Jesus said, give without expecting anything back. I interpret this as meaning that if we give while expecting something back, we are at least partly forfeiting what we gave.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
GreatTech,

Faith aside (I think we have both established where we are coming from in that respect), I think we can agree that humanity is more than capable of destroying itself in any number of ways - I'm not sure what religious implications that has - perhaps the concept that suicide is a sin could be an analogy for humanity as a whole. (That would have been an interesting inclusion in the bible, as the people of 2000 years ago could not have conceived of humanity becoming extinct - but I digress)

All life-forms are competitive (thinking here at the level of microbes and viruses) and sometimes so competitive that they completely consume the host. At the most extreme level the organism can be counter productive, in that it destroys its ability to continue to exist, because it cannot exist without the host.

I see an analogy here with business and nationalist greed. Many nations and individuals are acting in an untempered competitive way while forgetting that a balance must be achieved to enable their own continued existance.

I also see that in relatively recent history discoveries and cures have been driven more by greed that the desire for knowledge. In the past researchers have been driven by the desire for knowledge and to rid our species of what ails us - and that, I'm sure that hasn't changed. The difference is the vast sums of money required for that research to be carried out, and the fact that the funding will not be forthcoming unless the organisation providing the funding can make massive profits from it. (A point I'm sure you are more than aware of in your employment). So what HAS changed is the desire for knowledge (or cure) on the part of those providing the funding being replaced by greed. (This difference is even more evident when someone in a position to provide funding has been personally touched by, say, a disease and they suddenly change their view from that of amassing a fortune to a more altruistic view)

Again and again we return to greed.

Untempered greed (just like the case of the non-sentient virus) is unsustainable. We, as sentient creatures, SHOULD be able to see that, but it doesn't appear that we do. Therefore, clearly, the future of humanity is very much at risk, not from competition, but from greed.

I see nothing wrong with competition, as it does have benefits for a life-form, including humanity.

So I guess you could actually define greed as competition untempered by sustainability. If we cannot learn this lesson, we are in no better situation than a virus.

The Winged Wombat

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
" The so-called "mentally retarded" are as gifted mentally as Einstein, another Nobel Prize winner, a President of the USA, a Prime Minister of England, or an Emperor of an Empire. By the way, I am "mentally retarded" in words but have some gifts in numbers.

Well, firstly, there is a big difference between "mental retardation" and a "learning disability." They are not, despite what the politically correct would have you believe, interchangeable phrases. A person that is labeled "mentally retarded" is someone who is unable to function. They are people that have to be watched all of the time. A "learning disabled" individual is just someone that has difficulty grasping certain things. It could be math, spelling, reading, et cetera.

It is also important to realize that Einstein was viewed as being "mentally retarded" throughout his childhood and a portion of his adulthood. So, as the saying goes, "Appearances are deceiving."

Hopefully, we all know the power of what one word in thought can exercise. Each word an have Infinite meanings

Yes, I certainly do realize that. That is why it's important to not mistake a "learning disability" with "retardation;" they are far from being the same thing.

Naturally, life is not about becoming a "genius." It is naturally imbued in all of us by a Creator who can create a galaxy at a moment's will.

Actually, in my opinion, the gaining of knowledge is the ultimate experience in this world. For me, an epiphany is more powerful than any embrace I have ever encountered. So, I suppose you and I may disagree somewhat as to the importance of gaining knowledge in this life. The bible says that man destroys himself through the lack of knowldge; to me, that speaks volumes.

new topics

top topics

join