It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibirus approach Clear Image

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
As for a cover up - given the number of other planets discovered in this solar system in recent years, not to say those around other stars, why on earth would NASA cover up the discovery of another planet in this solar system?

In case you are unfamiliar with my government's handling of many sensitive subjects, they seem to leave out large portions of information in regards to the general public. Hm...where did all of the photos from every mission go? Some warehouse and/or database. Sure the public has access to some of them, but what about the mission data logs? None of it is there.

I don't even read Sitchin, but ok. I'm fine that you don't believe what he says. He does sound a bit nutty. As for being the only person to "translate" such texts in the said manner, that is wrong. Other ancient books including the bible (Wormwood) mention a rogue planet. Now I agree maybe he didn't translate it properly, he's probably a disinfo agent anyway. That's not my point.

Don't just say "no, you're wrong." Do some research first and don't let your preconceived notions of our galactic neighborhood hinder a little bit of truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ok I've done a little more research to let your heart sink a little more.

Some pictures:

Crop circle of Nibiru:

www.paravision.homestead.com...
(image too large)

This is one of the more intriguing diagrams:

More to come later.

Links:

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 7-4-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Reading and reproducing fiction is not research. Ever heard of books? Didn't anyone ever tell you not to believe everything you read on the internet? Crystal Links is not a very credible source. Do you think they remove stuff from that site when it is debunked? No. They just get flashier pictures in the hope of sucking poor folk in to gain revenue. Understand? There's one of you born every minute.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Edited angry childish response. I took that to heart, wow you are good at that. Impressive.

Great, you don't agree with my research. If you had read the entire thread you would have noticed that NASA, yes NASA mentions something in regards to a pole reversal coming soon. But no, you desire to keep your head in the ground and ignore all elements of reality.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
biggie,

I might want to turn you're attention to the very real fact that there have been several polar reversals in the planet's history. Look no further than Cornell University for evidence of this. I'm sure that the scientists that went to school to learn about our planet know more about it than any of us probably do. So, to say that a polar reversal is going to be devastating to the planet and us, while not without merit, doesn't establish the existence of a "missing twelfth planet".

I guess what I'm saying is that we need more proof. Something actually tangible, and from at least a fairly verifiable source. Crystallinks isn't exactly authoritarian, if you ask me.

Best regards,

TheBorg

P.S. orthisguy,

Might I suggest a new strategy? Instead of insulting a fellow member, why not show them why what they say can't be right? Resorting to such childish means doesn't help the search for the truth any. You could be inadvertently pushing a great poster away from the forums by merely insulting them.

Besides, it doesn't help you establish yourself as a valued member here when you throw insults around, rather than valuable information. Just some things to keep in mind when posting here. And to be fair, I understand that everyone gets upset at some posts at times. That's why we have the ability to walk away and post later after we cool off. Don't post in haste, as it detracts from the overall quality of your posts.

I want to see you as productive as any member here. Please take these words of wisdom as they are meant to be taken. Again, best wishes...

[Edited for P.S.]

[edit on 4-7-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I agree there needs to be more credible sources other than crystallinks. My point being though that only 2 of the 10 or so pictures I posted happened to be from this site.
Granted maybe the rest weren't from the most credible either, but the ancient mythology drawing seemed to intrigue me the most. I could really care less about the rest of them, but that one drawing in particular pulled me in.

Give me a few days, I am starting a research project as we speak.
big

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Borg, taken on board. The problem is if you disagree with these wild allegations you are "blind to the truth" and "have your head in the sand" even though the "proof" does not contain a single fact. It is not up to me to prove why it ISN'T, it is up to the person bringing these allegations to the table to prove why it IS. Ok, this one time I'll indulge you.
Alrighty, ready?
Check out www.nasa.com. Read and navigate around for a few hours, check out the FAQ's.
There we go, that wasn't hard, was it?
Okay, okay, now watch the replies:- "But NASA lies!!!" "If you believe NASA you have your head in the sand!" "Even NASA says a pole shift is coming!"
My reply : Ok, wait for it, wait for it. THERE! Did you feel that? It was a pole shift. The poles are not static, they move all the time. As far as a complete pole reversal, there are many things that could cause this. I'd be more inclined to think it had something to do with the Earths core.
Until you can come up with a source that actually has ROCK SOLID PROOF that NASA is wrong and there really is a giant planet heading our way, I am not the one with their head in the sand.

I don't like it when people fall hook line and sinker for this bunk and then try to lure other folk into the hoax. I feel that it does a disservice to the vulnerable folk in our society. Vulnerable folk that may not be so vulnerable if they took time to read credible sources and draw conclusions on their own and not just reproduce some guy on crystallinks warped THEORY.

Please forgive me for my blunt attitude, I have a family member who is a bit unstable. This kind of crap can really set them off and leave them in a state of paranoia and panic.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
I don't like it when people fall hook line and sinker for this bunk and then try to lure other folk into the hoax. I feel that it does a disservice to the vulnerable folk in our society. Vulnerable folk that may not be so vulnerable if they took time to read credible sources and draw conclusions on their own and not just reproduce some guy on crystallinks warped THEORY.

Please forgive me for my blunt attitude, I have a family member who is a bit unstable. This kind of crap can really set them off and leave them in a state of paranoia and panic.

There's nothing wrong with what you've said here, as I can understand where you're coming from. All I was merely saying was that the approach is a bit much, if you ask me. If you want people to take you seriously, it's always nice to have the evidence that shows the person in question why they're wrong, rather than waiting on them to ask.

True, you shouldn't have to go off looking for evidence to prove this person wrong. But since when is our search for the truth all about proving Joe Poster wrong? Since when did we get so vindictive here that we have to resort to insulting one another to get our point across? See where I'm going with this? It's all a matter of learning how to approach people. I deal with irritable people everyday, so I've naturally learned how to deal well with them.

Most people like to be coddled into a sense of security, when what they really need is a good ole fashioned kick in the behind. However, that won't work. What I've noticed does work, however, is the approach I described above. Even though proof from you isn't mandatory, it establishes your idea as the predominant one, and shows the rest of the board what's right and what's wrong.

I hope this helps you some, as I know that I had the very same problem when I came here. If you don't believe me, go look at some of my earliest postings in '05. You'll be quite surprised at how I've come along.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Borg and Biggiesmalls, I apologise if I have offended you in any way, we're all having quite a few problems with a family member at the moment, the subject of this thread has come up a few times during the more stressful "episodes". I know this is not your fault, it is very easy to get angry when I see this kind of doom and gloom prophesies and wonder how he is going to deal with it when he finally comes across it on the net. Once again please accept my apologies. I will not intrude on your thread any more and may re-evaluate how I deal with these topics. I think the best way is to keep a file on my computer of debunking arguements and politely post them. I now realise these may work with posters here even if it does not work well at home.
Hooroo.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything doom and gloom about this sort of thing.

A pole reversal is a natural occurence on this planet. It has happened thousands of times before and I assume it will happen many more after we're all long gone.

The existence of Nibiru may be hotly contested. I will continue finding more credible research material if you so desire (and strictly for knowledge purposes, I am becoming more intrigued by the day to be honest).

I guess I am looking for more evidence regarding a pole reversal/shift than for the existence of a rogue planet. Regardless of Nibiru's existence, we will have a pole reversal.

In the near future or the distant future, no one can predict. I can't tell you exactly what the Earth is going to do, neither can you or the next guy. Only God and the Earth knows.

I appreciate your apology and I am not offended. When I first read your reply yes I did take it to heart. It took me a little while to get over it, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

I don't think anyone appreciates their personal responses to be cut short. I have behaved inappropriately as well. Just because you don't agree with me does not mean you have your head in the sand.

However, to not be open to new ideas...then yes. But it seems like you are open so I have no problem.

I am sorry to hear about your family member, I hope they are well.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
I will not intrude on your thread any more and may re-evaluate how I deal with these topics. I think the best way is to keep a file on my computer of debunking arguements and politely post them. I now realise these may work with posters here even if it does not work well at home.
Hooroo.

I would never ask you to leave. And since when did you start feeling like we were being put on by you're presence? I enjoy a good healthy wake up call every now and then, if for no one else but myself. I tend to be in need of them more than most that I know. True, I may be of sound mind most of the time, but I have my moments of irrationality. Actually, with that said, I want you to stay. You're presence could be rather.... interesting.

Anyway, back to the topic so that I don't get banned..

I think that if a mystery planet exists that there would have been some remnant of it's passing throughout the Solar System. Usually, if something of this magnitude passes so close to so many worlds, it shapes their orbits. How long have the planets been in their current orbits? And have any of them changed suddenly in the recent past? These answers might just solve this little riddle rather quickly.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Those diagrams of Nibiru's orbit that I have seen seem to show that the perihelion is somewhere in the asteroid belt. Now, if this "planet" has a 3600 year orbit, it will have passed through the asteroid belt thousands of times in the past......and this really doesn't make any sense.

Nibiru seems to be depicted as a planet that is larger than Earth. Anything of this size passing through the inner Solar System (and particularly the asteroid belt) on a regular basis would cause absolute havoc ! In addition, it's highly likely that it's orbit would be seriously perturbed by Jupiter after a significant number of returns, thereby changing the orbital period by a quite appreciable extent.

Sorry, but these theories of a planet called "Nibiru" really aren't credible.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Mogget]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
...it's highly likely that it's orbit would be seriously perturbed by Jupiter after a significant number of returns, thereby changing the orbital period by a quite appreciable extent.

Exactly

Although I suppose Sitchinites could argue that it was because the orbit of Nibiru kept changing that the improbably humanoid appearing inhabitants (I wonder what other lifeforms there are on the planet? I always thought cats looked a bit odd - perhaps they originally came from Nibiru?
) had to come to Earth in order to distill sea water to get gold to er, doing something miraculours to their atmosphere which makes Nibiru habitable to earth type lifeforms even when it's beyond the Kuiper Belt ....

As for pole reversals - that's a different issue. Notably such events don't occur on a 3,600 year cycle so we can reasonably conclude that they have nothing to do with Nibiru, and even if the planet did exist there is no reason whatsoever to think its close approach to earth would precipitate a polar reversal (or, indeed anything else) next time.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Biggie Smalls and Borg, well done. Potential flame war averted. Muturity on all levels.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'd like to comment on one of the pictures further up this page. It's the one with the "binary dark star" and the rather large orbit of Nibiru around it. You will notice that this diagram seems to suggest that Nibiru approaches the Sun far more closely than it does its own parent star, and yet it apparently continues on its merry way as if the Sun's considerable gravitational field has no effect on it !!!

In short, this is absurd. With an orbit like that, the Sun would have wrenched Nibiru free from this "dark star's" gravitational grasp in a single orbit.

It's also worth noting that the normal way to display orbits in the Solar System is from the "top down". In other words, the observer is at a position far above the north pole of the Sun, looking south. This would make any object in a prograde orbit move in a counter clockwise direction.....completely opposite to that seen in the picture.

One final comment. Since a stable orbit of the type seen in the above picture is actually impossible, whether Nibiru appears to be moving in a prograde or retrograde direction is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well I guess we'll all see in a few years either way. I could really care less to be honest if I'm wrong. I just found the concept fascinating. Here's a little more to whet your whistle.

This is 'Eris' one of the new dwarf planets that NASA has found. I want you to notice on both sides it has a sort of 'tail.' So I guess the concept of a tail isn't so far-fetched now is it whether its dust or radiation, does it matter?

So the concept of an elliptical orbit isn't so far off now either:

What makes you so sure that another planet doesn't lie beyond? And (I can't say majority, but a lot) some star systems have 2 or even 3 stars swirling around each other. Sirius has 3! I would say binary star systems easily outnumber the solo star systems, but I'm not flying around space so I can't be sure.

One star orbiting around the other

Another possible binary scenario, which would include two similar sized stars

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

A special class of binary stars is the X-ray binaries, so-called because they emit X-rays. X-ray binaries are made up of a normal star and a collapsed star (a white dwarf, neutron star, or black hole). These pairs of stars produce X-rays if the stars are close enough together that material is pulled off the normal star by the gravity of the dense, collapsed star. The X-rays come from the area around the collapsed star where the material that is falling toward it is heated to very high temperatures (over a million degrees!)

Triple Sunsets!

Beta Monocerotis Triple Star System

Triple star system illustration

I guess wikipedia hasn't been updated...It says Sirius is only a binary when Sirius C was already found. Guess they don't care too much about knowledge eh

Ok, back to Nibiru.

AHA!

From NASA themselves

Explanation: Our Sun is unusual in that it is alone - most stars occur in multiple or binary systems . In a binary system, the higher mass star will evolve faster and will eventually become a compact object - either a white dwarf star, a neutron star, or black hole. When the lower mass star later evolves into an expansion phase, it may be so close to the compact star that its outer atmosphere actually falls onto the compact star. Such is the case diagrammed above. Here gas from a blue giant star is shown being stripped away into an accretion disk around its compact binary companion. Gas in the accretion disk swirls around, heats up, and eventually falls onto the compact star. Extreme conditions frequently occur on the surface of the compact star as gas falls in, many times causing detectable X-rays, gamma-rays, or even cataclysmic novae explosions. Studying the extreme conditions in these systems tells us about the inner properties of ordinary matter around us.

apod.nasa.gov...

[edit on 5-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This is 'Eris' one of the new dwarf planets that NASA has found. I want you to notice on both sides it has a sort of 'tail.' So I guess the concept of a tail isn't so far-fetched now is it whether its dust or radiation, does it matter?

The bright object at the top of the picture isn't Eris. That's a star that is suffering from over exposure. Eris is the object slightly above the centre left of the picture that appears to move during the animation sequence.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok Mogget, you're right.

Next.

Comet NEAT

NEAT's last photos were taken in 2003. Here they are:

Maybe I could just want something to happen, such as a change in our current way of life. Maybe I'm wishing some sort of cataclysm wakes humanity up from its spiritual slumber. Maybe I'm just looking for a way out...Who knows.

I will continue as long as I live and hopefully others will read.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
BiggieSmalls, you know my opinion of this subject, however you might want to look in the bible, there is a planet called Wormwood mentioned, seems very similar to Nubiru. There are a few references and it makes very interesting reading. Peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The Biblical "Wormwood" (the name of a bitter herb in fact, used in Absinthe) is not similar to Nibiru in any way other than it is an aparrently celestial body. The reference to it is only in one or two verses of the book of Revelation, where it is described as a star falling to the earth and poisoning the earth's waters (Rev. 8:10 & 11).

This can either be taken as a meteorite.

Or, far more plausibly, as an allegory.

But not a planet. And not like "Nibiru".

The same word is also used in the OT a few times, but without any reference as to what it refers.

Cheers.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by d60944]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join