It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Pyramid of China may not be White Pyramid of China

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by undoMost of the historical texts of our forerunners, have been labelled myth and ignored, believed to be falsehoods.

Actually, they haven't. There's lots of material on what each of these cultures wrote about their own histories. The only stories labled myths were those that were clearly myth (like Hathor going out to slay mankind and being "tamed" by the gods pouring out enough beer to cover several fields and getting her drunk.)

Something you may not be aware of is that they have collections of these tales, so they can see how they changed as times changed.

But it's not the least bit prejudice to claim the ancient historical texts are all fabrications and that the events couldn't have possibly happened.

If you'd like, we can give you some references on these ancient histories and libraries.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Byrd,

That would be great! Please do.
Are they online? I sure hope so!

And what's with the "We" reference?
Are you speaking in the Royal We or just trying to
intimidate me with the idea that you belong
to a cabal of people who all agree with you?

Shall I start talking "We" language?
We hereby pronounce the history is a freakin'
mess.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by undo]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
That would be great! Please do.
Are they online? I sure hope so!

whaaat
youre saying you arent even aware of the details
and yet youre claiming things about those details
how stupid is that

Have you read the Mahabharata? Obviously, if the thing can travel across the universe it doesn't matter what official name you give it, it still is a spaceship.

yes I've read it
and the part you are talking about isn't anywhere in the text
if you think it is please provide chapter and verse so I can look it up and be dumbfounded by your assumed brilliance

If Jesus rose into the sky on a cloud, then he rose into the sky on a cloud. What that means as far as the ET question goes, is not something I have the ability to determine at this point.

well thats ok
you already claimed that Jesus was a spaceman in your previous post so pretending you didn't just shows how very little you know or are prepared to claim when youre pushed for details

The Eye of Ra is not a Stargate thing, in the sense that you are saying. It was an actual device that destroyed the planet in the Legend of the Destruction of Mankind, an Egyptian text that some believe is the egyptian equivalent of a Deluge story. In the story, the Eye of Ra, in the form of Hathor, seeks out and destroys the people. Ra's Eye, it says, was the most powerful Eye on the planet. You think the story is saying his eyeball popped out of his head, named itself Hathor and flew around killing people? It's the lack of belief that the texts meant something real was transpiring and not a myth, that causes people to just take it on face value and assume the text is describing some fantastical eye flying around killing people (and thusly label it a myth). Hathor actually was never a real person, she was a personified "thing," relating to space and the milky way.

please read this page which details Sekhmet's attack against humanity
it says nothing about the eye of Ra carrying out any destruction at all
in fact It is Ra who stops the destruction
touregypt.net...
I can only presume that you havent read it because what you are saying is so far from the truth as to be completely ludicrous and ignorant of the facts.
the end of Sekhmets attack comes when she is tricked by Ra into drinking beer coloured with red ochre to appear as blood
soooo
what kind of spaceship is this that breaks down when it stops to drink beer which it thinks is blood
laughable
you truly don't have a clue about any of the real details do you
you havent put any of this together from reading the original stories at all have you
you've put this together from reading the opinions of other people who don't know what theyre talking about either
none of whom is qualified to comment
like you in that respect arent they

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is the oldest symbol known to represent Hathor

It started its life as a representation of Hathor's predecessor, Bat.
It represented the Milky Way and became the symbol for the cow
goddess. Notice how the stars on the sides evolved into the eyes
of the cow and the incomplete circle became the horns of the
cow. Yet, originally, it was a representation of the "Milky Way".
Does it look like the milky way to anyone ? I didn't think so.
Obviously, there's more to this than meets the "eye," because if this
is an early representation of Hathor, and Hathor was Ra's Eye,
this image is depicting a very early version of Ra's Eye (as Hathor).

Connect the dots.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The Eye of Ra is not a Stargate thing, in the sense that you are saying. It was an actual device that destroyed the planet in the Legend of the Destruction of Mankind, an Egyptian text that some believe is the egyptian equivalent of a Deluge story.

"Eye of Ra" was a title given to Hathor (and to Bast, by the way.) Bast was the Eye that brought justice. You can see it in the hymns to Hathor

(here's one example)
"Hathor, Lady of Amenty, the Dweller in the Great Land, the Lady of Ta-Tchesert, the Eye of Ra, the Dweller in his breast, the Beautiful Face in the Boat of Millions of Years, the Seat of Peace of the doer of truth, Dweller in the Boat of the favoured ones..... " from the chapter of the Book of the Dead that praises Hathor.

In the story, the Eye of Ra, in the form of Hathor, seeks out and destroys the people.

Let's back up a bit.

It's Ra's angry stare that brings her into being... she is not literally his eyeball (and she's also known as Sekhmet at that time) :
touregypt.net...

Ra's Eye, it says, was the most powerful Eye on the planet. You think the story is saying his eyeball popped out of his head, named itself Hathor and flew around killing people? It's the lack of belief that the texts meant something real was transpiring and not a myth, that causes people to just take it on face value and assume the text is describing some fantastical eye flying around killing people (and thusly label it a myth).

Actually, I don't think there are many who think it's a flying eyeball. It's pretty clear from the stories that this is a title.
www.egyptianmyths.net...

Hathor actually was never a real person, she was a personified "thing," relating to space and the milky way.

But the Egyptian texts don't relate her to the Milky Way or even to space. Nut was the goddess of the sky, and Hathor wasn't a constellaiton.

I don't see how she's linked to the Milky Way.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Marduk,

On Vimanas...

The Vymaanika-Shaastra, G.R. Josyer
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
from the previous page of your link
www.sacred-texts.com...

'channeled' texts

However, the fact that the book was originally written in Sanskrit, while very impressive, isn't any indication of authenticity

If you are looking for an ancient manuscript on this fascinating topic, you'll need to keep on looking. The Vymanika Shastra was first committed to writing between 1918 and 1923, and nobody is claiming that it came from some mysterious antique manuscript

On the other hand, there is no exposition of the theory of aviation (let alone antigravity). In plain terms, the VS never directly explains how vimanas get up in the air. The text is top-heavy with long lists of often bizarre ingredients used to construct various subsystems. This includes items such as monkey skin, eagle bones, sea-foam, and many that are only named in Sanskrit

Most of the systems are described as mechanical devices, powered by steam, electricity or even solar power; a number literally involve smoke and mirrors.

There is one other question about this book, namely its copyright status. Formally, this book is still under copyright, not only in the United States but in every other country (including India). However, that is only half the story. I decided to call up Adventures Unlimited and ask them what they knew. I was surprised when I found myself talking to their founder, David Hatcher Childress.

so you basically are basing all your claims on the word of David Hatcher Childress
you don't really want to go there do you
like I have said several times
Laughable

and this is the best evidence you could come up with
any questions ?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Did you read the entire intro?

However, even if this book is an elaborate modern creation, it doesn't invalidate the mystery of vimanas. Vimanas are widely described in the genuine ancient texts such as the Ramayana and Mahabharata, as well as other later texts such as the dramas of Kalidasa. They are not metaphors or hyperbole, nor do you have to be a god to own or ride one as in other mythologies. They are treated as manufactured, physical objects, even if portrayed as fanciful flying houses, invested with magical powers of levitation. Sometimes they are simply employed as a plot device to get characters from one end of India to the other quickly. Often they are portrayed as weapons of war. Also compelling, in my mind, are the descriptions of ancient Indian weapons that bear a striking resemblance to artillery, mechanized infantry, chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, as well as high powered lasers or other energy beams. So there are abundant mysteries to explore in the ancient texts, which you can do at sacred-texts' Hindu texts area.

I've not taken any position on channeling. I've pointed you to a document with drawings of Vimana. And many links in the above paragraph I've quoted, will lead you directly to the REAL texts involved. Do you want to know or not? Seems you really don't, which means you're wasting my time.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Byrd

Bat (or Bata) was an ancient cow goddess of Upper Egypt. She was originally a deification of the Milky Way (which was compared to a pool of cows milk). Her name is the feminine form of the word "ba", the name of one of the major elements of the soul. She was associated with the ankh (the symbol of life or breath) and with the sistrum (which was also associated with Hathor. Her cult centre was in Shesat (the 7th Nome of Upper Egypt) known as the "Mansion of the Sistrum".

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I've not taken any position on channeling.

so linking to a webpage that discusses channelled information isn't taking a position, sure, whatever, can you hear yourself

I've pointed you to a document with drawings of Vimana. And many links in the above paragraph I've quoted, will lead you directly to the REAL texts involved.

which significantly say nothing about travelling across the universe or you would have posted the chapter and verse like you were asked several posts ago
so are you now lying again, furiously backpeddling to save face, don't worry about that you didn't ever have any credibility with this so you have none to lose anyway

Do you want to know or not? Seems you really don't, which means you're wasting my time.

errr
you linked to a text that had been channelled and claimed it was your best evidence
I'm not wasting your time
you are wasting everybodies
I have never learned a single thing from you in all the time I've been reading your posts, can you say the same
you have a website that is also a huge monumental waste of everybodies time
including your own
you believe any little piece of crap you want because it matches what you have imagineered
not because you have checked the source and verified it as credible
whats next, Gods gold plated cessna from evidence by hamburgler and ronald mcdonald ?
youre a tragedy waiting to happen

I especially liked this illustration from the joke page you linked to

is this one of the intergalactic vessels you were talking about
powered by propellers and electromagnets
ahahahahaha

one thing here is very clear both to me and to anyone who's read this exchange and its this
you aint got nothin
and
you got served

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Marduk,

Sadly, you're wrong. I'm not thrilled with the idea of doing the research for you, even after I linked you to several drawings based on the descriptions in the texts and an admonition by the sacred-texts.com owner that these are not imaginary craft, that they are described in detail in the Hindu texts mentioned, which are not "channeled" information. The paragraph from the page you listed, gives you the links to the information where all these things are described: "Ramayana, Mahabharata, as well as other later texts such as the dramas of Kalidasa"

Ramayana
www.sacred-texts.com...

Mahabharata
www.sacred-texts.com...

Kalidasa
www.sacred-texts.com...

From Hindu Sacred Texts at sacred-texts.com
www.sacred-texts.com...

Anyway, are you sure you want me to prove you are absolutely wrong? Are you absolutely sure? This is your last chance to just leave the thread and ignore me. If you respond that you STILL want the evidence, you shall have it, in spades.

Last chance to walk away, with your current beliefs still intact.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
laughable
you're saying you don't already have the answers
so you havent already done this research
so how are you claiming it as a fact earlier
theres clearly nothing you can ever teach me
you don't follow a method
you make it up as you go along
btw I have already done this research
so please show yourself up some more
heres something for your scrapbook
its a contemporary indian depiction of Vishnu in his vimana

as you can see its obviously an intergalactic space vessel like you said earlier
ahahaha

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
laughable
you're saying you don't already have the answers
so you havent already done this research
so how are you claiming it as a fact earlier
theres clearly nothing you can ever teach me
you don't follow a method
you make it up as you go along
btw I have already done this research
so please show yourself up some more

Oh I've read it or I wouldn't be saying it. Just like I read all about
the Osirieon and not just the current view on it, and backed up my
theory not only with picture evidence but by quotes from Margaret
Murray who was part of the archaeological team that rediscovered it
the last time. You know what she said, don't you?

I don't want to embarrass you, are you sure you want to have this information proven to you?
You have alot riding on this Marduk. Your credibility is about to go poof,
and you'll be viewed as a debunker pretending to be a scholar. I don't
want to do this to you. I have no reason to dislike you, even though you're
not very nice. I still don't have that kind of anomosity towards you. So,
here's your last chance.

Take it, or leave it. The clock is ticking.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
how many oppotunities is this now that you've been given to show some credible evidence
how many times have you completely failed to do it
this is going to be hilarious
you are claiming that you have proof of ancient aircraft
real solid proof that they existed and not misconstrued stories from not very ancient indian poetry
something that so far has evaded every historian in the history of this planet
lol

The clock is ticking

been watching sci fi movies again haven't you
bet you just loved independance day which that quote is from
your bs is showing

are you going to make human history in this thread or start another one which you can then also take off topic when no one agrees with you ?

of course I am fully expecting you once again to start insulting the intelligence of the ancients with your next post
and also that of anyone else you expect to find it credible

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It hasn't evaded them. They are convinced our forerunners were liars or hallucinating or both. Or, as in the case of some contemporary writers, they are convinced it's all one big metaphor and not one instance is a real event, just metaphor, in every culture, across the planet. This was what inspired my original argument to begin with. if the guy thinks it's prejudice to claim our forerunners couldn't have built nearly impossible structures at the time it was said they did so without extra-terrestrial or supernatural help, what's he think about the fact historians since the birth of German Higher Criticism have concluded the ancient texts were just nonsensical writings by a bunch of liars or drug addicts, bed time stories without historical precedence, riddled with impossible science and so on.

Anyway, you want it, you got it. And there's no wiggle room because i have your quotes, so launching into laughing fits about what the hindu take quite literally, is not going to add to your credibility, in fact, it'll prove my point that current mainstream thought on the subject is riddled with prejudice against the ancient texts. I won't let you wiggle out of it either. I'll make you stick to your original proclamation that there's no such thing in their texts. Changing your position so that there is such a thing but I apparently don't understand it, is not going to cut it this time. I'm going to make you hold to your original statement that there's no such thing in their texts. Telling me I just don't get it, is not going to cut it. If a guy gets in a flying thing and flys off to other places in the universe, and you say no, that didn't happen, it's not me that has a problem, but you, who are clearly in denial. It's really not your fault. You've been conditioned to believe every other ancient culture is lying threw their teeth. (remember, I know a great deal of your position, and it isn't pretty, although it is pretty prejudice).

Relevant quotes in next post.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by undo]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
once again you are claiming that historians call ancient peoples liars
according to you on the same scale this text

Forthwith flashes of actual flame, a bright glare leaping from one to another, sprang from the scattered group of men. It was as if some invisible jet impinged upon them and flashed into white flame. It was as if each man were suddenly and momentarily turned to fire.

Then, by the light of their own destruction, I saw them staggering and falling, and their supporters turning to run.

I stood staring, not as yet realising that this was death leaping from man to man in that little distant crowd. All I felt was that it was something very strange. An almost noiseless and blinding flash of light, and a man fell headlong and lay still; and as the unseen shaft of heat passed over them, pine trees burst into fire, and every dry furze bush became with one dull thud a mass of flames. And far away towards Knaphill I saw the flashes of trees and hedges and wooden buildings suddenly set alight.

proves the existence of martians
still laughing

and let me remind you, youre the one claiming that the ancient hindus had interstellar spaceships
you are the one who has to prove it
if you could do so you would have done it already
whats this now three posts of yours threatening to do so and still no evidence
are you still looking ?

posted by Undone
You've been conditioned to believe every other ancient culture is lying threw their teeth.

at no time have i said anyone was lying at all
you just created a straw man argument
you are the only person claiming that anyone is lying Beth
and you've done so repeatedly with no evidence
btw, you don't spell through like that

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Mahabharata, Book 18: Svargarohanika Parva
www.sacred-texts.com...

"Listening to the Bharata, O king, when recited, O thou of Bharata’s race, by a reader of this kind, the listener, observant of vows all the while and cleansed by purificatory rites, acquires valuable fruits. When the first Parana is reached, the hearer should gratify Brahmanas with presents of all desirable objects. By doing this, one obtains the fruits of the Agnishtoma sacrifice. He acquires a large (celestial) car teeming with diverse orders of Apsaras (that wait upon him). With a glad heart, and with the deities in his company, he proceeds to Heaven, his heart rapt (in felicity).

"When the second Parana is reached, the hearer acquires the fruits of the Atiratra vow. Indeed, he ascends a celestial car made entirely of precious gems. Wearing celestial garlands and robes, and decked with celestial unguents and always shedding a celestial fragrance around, he receives high honours in Heaven.

"When the third Parana is reached, he acquires the fruits of the Dwadasaha vow. Indeed be resides in Heaven for myriads of years, like a god.

"At the fourth Parana he acquires the fruits of the Vajapeya sacrifice.

"At the fifth, twice those fruits are his. Ascending a celestial car that resembles the rising sun or a blazing fire, and with the deities for his companions, he goes to Heaven and sports in felicity for myriads of years in the abode of Indra.

"At the sixth Parana, twice, and at the seventh, thrice those fruits become his. Ascending a celestial car that resembles the summit of the Kailasa mountains (in beauty), that is equipt with an altar made of stones of lapis lazuli and other precious gems, that is surrounded by beautiful objects of diverse kinds, that is decked with gems and corals, that moves at the will of the rider, and that teems with waiting Apsaras, he roves through all the regions of felicity, like a second deity of the Sun.

"At the eight Parana, he acquires the fruits of the Rajasuya sacrifice. He ascends a car as beautiful as the rising moon, and unto which are yoked steeds white as the rays of the moon and endued with the speed of thought. He is served by women of the foremost beauty and whose faces are more charming than the moon. He hears the music of the garlands that encircle their waists and the Nupuras encircling their ankles. Sleeping with his head resting on the laps of women of transcendent beauty, he awakes greatly refreshed.

"At the ninth Parana, he acquires, O Bharata, the fruits of that foremost of sacrifices, viz., the Horse-sacrifice. Ascending on a car equipt with a chamber consisting of a top supported by columns of gold, furnished with a seat made of stones of lapis lazuli, with windows on all sides made of pure gold, and teeming with waiting Apsaras and Gandharvas and other celestials, he blazes forth in splendour. Wearing celestial garlands and robes, and decked with celestial unguents, he sports in bliss, with deities for his companions, in Heaven, like a second deity himself.

"Reaching the tenth Parana and gratifying Brahmanas, he acquires a car which tinkles with innumerable bells, which is decked with flags and banners, which is equipt with a seat made of precious gems, which has many arches made of lapis lazuli, which has a net-work of gold all round, which has turrets made of corals, which is adorned with Gandharvas and Apsaras well-skilled in singing, and which is fit for the residence of the Righteous. Crowned with a diadem of the complexion of fire, decked with ornaments of gold, his person smeared with celestial sandalpaste, garnished with celestial wreaths, he roves through all celestial regions, enjoying all celestial objects of enjoyment, and endued with great splendour, through the grace of the deities.

The Mahabharata, Book 7: Drona Parva
www.sacred-texts.com...

The mighty Krishna also slew the valiant king of Chedis, that leader of kings, as if he were some animal, on the occasion of the latter's disputing about the Arghya. Putting forth his prowess, Madhava hurled unto the sea the Daitya city called Saubha, (moving) in the skies, protected by Salwa, and regarded as impregnable. The Angas, the Vangas, the Kalingas, the Magadhas, the Kasis, the Kosalas, the Vatsyas, the Gargyas, the Karushas and the Paundras,--all these he vanquished in battle. The Avantis, the Southerners, the Mountaineers, the Daserakas, the Kasmirakas, the Aurasikas, the Pisachas, the Samudgalas, the Kamvojas, the Vatadhanas, the Cholas, the Pandyas, O Sanjaya, the Trigartas, the Malavas, the Daradas difficult of being vanquished, the Khasas arrived from diverse realms, as also the Sakas, and the Yavanas with followers, were all vanquished by him of eyes like

A city called Saubha, moving in the skies, was "hurled" into the sea, even though it had been regarded as impregnable before that. So it was a flying, nearly impregnable city.

Let's see what else the texts say about Saubha and Salwa

Mahabharata, Book 7 Vana Parva
www.sacred-texts.com...

And then, O foremost of kings, the mighty Salwa, afflicted with the arrows of Pradyumna, rose disheartened, and speedily went away. Then O king, the wicked Salwa, thus afflicted by the Vrishnis, mounted on his car of precious metals, and leaving Dwaraka scudded through the skies!'"

Rig Veda Book 10, Hymn LV
www.sacred-texts.com...
(speaking of Indra, the Thunderer)

7 Through these the Thunderer gained strong manly vigour, through whom he waxed in power to smite down Vrtra,-
Who through the might of Indra's operation came forth as Gods in course of Law and Order.
8 All-strong, performing works with his companion, All-marking, rapid Victor, Curse-averter,
The Hero, waxing, after draughts of Soma, blew far from heaven the Dasyus with his weapon.

So there we have Indra, who is neither the sun or the moon or the stars, using his thundering, many headed iron weapon, against the Dasyus, which he launches from heaven. Now unless the heaven referred to was the same one you claim was on a mountain in Iraq, there's a problem.

So let's entertain the notion that Indra was the storm god. Fair enough. That fits a bit better than sun god, that's for sure. But considering the rest of the texts, the chances are he was just remembered as the "Thunderer" because his iron many headed weapon was a noisy thing that sounded like thunder. how many times did they find iron lightning bolts laying around to call them "iron" in the first place? The only other option is to assume they were lying and that there was no way they could know the composition of "Indra's" lightning bolts was iron, since lightning is not a metal. Certainly if you were to unleash a bomb on a city of technologically primitive people, the survivors would claim iron/metal lightning came down and destroyed their city in a thundering cacophany.

Indra, it seems, modified the weather. This could be a description of Indra, as a storm god, making a storm. Fair enough. but we go right back to the plain fact his lightning is a many headed iron thing. How do we go from white electrical bolts to iron many headed destructive things that destroy entire cities in one fell swoop, i dunno. i think it might have something to do with those pesky German critics who had a complete knee jerk reaction and went to the opposite extreme of belief in the ancient texts to believing everything ancient was either a lie, a delusion or a metaphor. And that the texts had no value to us as historical accounts, therefore, Indra's iron many headed lightning weapon that destroys entire cities in one shot, is just lightning, imagined to be a weapon of a god by the hindu.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

undone
If a guy gets in a flying thing and flys off to other places in the universe, and you say no, that didn't happen

so wheres this text that says anything about using Vimanas to go to other planets in the universe
you seem to have deliberately changed what you said you would post which you knew existed
and you took over 12 hours to gather this attempt to save face
loved the first quote about heaven
didn't you know
Hindu Heaven is called Mt Meru
en.wikipedia.org...

Mount Meru (Sanskrit: मेरु; Tamil: மெரு) or Mount Sumeru is a sacred mountain in Hindu and Jain mythology considered to be the center of the universe. It is believed to be the abode of Brahma and other deities. The mountain is said to be 80,000 leagues (450,000 km) high and located in Jambudvipa, one of the continents on earth in Hindu mythology. Many Hindu temples, including Angkor Wat, the principal temple of Angkor in Cambodia, have been built as symbolic representations of the mountain.

guess they had no concept of outer space at all did they
how does their belief that heaven was a mountain bring into line your claim about an aerial city

Undone So let's entertain the notion that Indra was the storm god.

oh I see
lets change the facts because they don't agree with your personal belief
Indra is the God of Weather and War

Undone
How do we go from white electrical bolts to iron many headed destructive things that destroy entire cities in one fell swoop, i dunno.

duh
we go from lightning to iron because of meteorites which as you already know (but are choosing to keep quiet over because you think I'm stupid) was the only source of Iron in ancient civilisations before the Hittites learned how to smelt it around 1500BCE
both streak through the sky
both cause white flashes
for a race that had no comprehension of outer space its very easy to confuse the two
and as has been believed for a long time a meteorite did destroy a certain part of India a long time ago
how do you think the legend of that might get changed as it was passed down over the millenia, told and retold
what happened to the local river flood that once affected mesopotamia

undoneCertainly if you were to unleash a bomb on a city of technologically primitive people, the survivors would claim iron/metal lightning came down and destroyed their city in a thundering cacophany.

attempting to be poetical does not save your face on this one, or your poor attempt to twist the facts
if you unleashed a bomb on a city of "technologically primitive people", the survivors would not say anything about Iron at all. they would maybe mention the conflagration caused by the explosion but you can ask your hubbie how many victims of bombs dropped from aircraft are good enough to
1) actually notice the bomb falling
2) realise it was made of Iron
laughable
how is a bomb even comparable to a bolt of lightning, youre just twisting the detials because you're twisting yourself desperately trying to prove your earlier claims and failing miserably

I don't even feel a need to point out that at the time that these texts were written (1500bce for the vedas/900bce for the mahabarahtabataratabata) India had a very low technology compared to the rest of the world.
not only in their social structure but also in their mettalurgy and evereything else
the glory days of the Harappan empire had gone and past and India slipped into the third woprld where it still remains
so you have no evidence at all which even approaches your original claim do you

is this the stunning revelation that you said would destroy my credibility
3 quotes from the Mahabharata and one from the Rig Veda
pathetic
you just lost all your chips didn't you
totally busted

you're a poor loser Beth
when you're outclassed you should admit it and apologise
but keep deluding yourself if you like
no one cares for your redacted version of history anyway
they much prefer the truth
and no
your german high critics didn't do anything at all in this case
you're reading from modern translations in English
so once again just another poor excuse for why the texts don't say what you want them to isn't it
useless in its credibility
wake up and smell the coffee

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
so when indra blew the flying city out of the skies, it was really not in the skies, just on a mountain?

and when salwa, the owner of said flying city, fled from battle in his "car" of precious metals, he scudded into the skies, but really, he just went up the mountainside?

and celestial is just a place on a mountainside?

from your description, i'm going to assume you believe they were blind as well, and that they couldn't tell the difference between a thing flying in the sky, and a thing climbing a mountain.

Whatever.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
RÁMÁYAN OF VÁLMÍKI
CANTO XLVIII: RÁVAN'S SPEECH.
www.sacred-texts.com...

But yielding to superior might
Fled from his home in sore affright.
Lord of the man-drawn chariot, still
He dwells on famed Kailása's hill.
I made the vanquished king resign
The glorious car which now is mine,--
Pushpak, the far-renowned, that flies
Will-guided through the buxom skies.

I think it's interesting to note that the "chariots" were man-drawn. Guess we have lots of depictions of men drawing chariots in battle in india. And what of those buxom skies the thing flies in? Eh, just another hindu that needs glasses apparently?

RÁMÁYAN OF VÁLMÍKI
CANTO III.: THE ARGUMENT.

The flying chariot Pushpak shown.
How Brahmá and the Gods appeared,
And Sítá's doubted honour cleared.
How In the flying car they rode
To Bháradvája's cabin abode,
The Wind-God's son sent on afar;
How Bharat met the flying car.

It says it's a flying car but ignore that part! Cause Marduk thinks it's people with vision problems describing a guy riding up the mountainside in his technologically inferior horse drawn chariot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join